Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community.

How long until the devs nerf Pyramid Head?

• By end of PTB

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 3 weeks after the release goes live

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 3-6 months like Legion

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • He'll remain the same or possibly get buffs and be accused of being Pay 2 Win

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Update has dropped. Very minor changes to Billy's add-ons. Leatherface's add-ons got buffed for example:

holy shit.jpg

There is ZERO downside to running an add-on that shows them within 8 meters for an INSTANT DOWN killer. This is massive. His Ultra Rare add-ons got buffed as well.

Had one match so far. Holy fucking jesus. He's fucking good now. Really, really fucking good especially when using Light Chassis. And I horded shitloads of those add-ons too. Easily top 5 killer now. Better than Ghostface, better than Billy (RIP), possibly better than Freddy or even Spirit with the right perks and add-ons.

HiddenFist

Things will change with time. Only in summertime.
kiwifarms.net
Update has dropped. Very minor changes to Billy's add-ons. Leatherface's add-ons got buffed for example:

View attachment 1479954

There is ZERO downside to running an add-on that shows them within 8 meters for an INSTANT DOWN killer. This is massive. His Ultra Rare add-ons got buffed as well.

Had one match so far. Holy fucking jesus. He's fucking good now. Really, really fucking good especially when using Light Chassis. And I horded shitloads of those add-ons too. Easily top 5 killer now. Better than Ghostface, better than Billy (RIP), possibly better than Freddy or even Spirit with the right perks and add-ons.
They made his addons better as a whole, while absolutely making Billy's addons worse than Nurse's addons.

Also, did anyone else notice a change in auras? They look worse than before.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, they fucked up the auras. One of the dev's said in a chat they're still working on them. So why even rush out this update? Who knows?

This includes auras for EVERYTHING. Including hooks, Trapper's Traps, Hag's snares, etc.

Oh BTW, they still haven't implemented punishment for ragequitting yet. Still no bots to replace assholes who ragequit.

Last edited:

A_Callow_Youth

kiwifarms.net
They made his addons better as a whole, while absolutely making Billy's addons worse than Nurse's addons.

Also, did anyone else notice a change in auras? They look worse than before.
Yeah, they fucked up the auras. One of the dev's said in a chat they're still working on them. So why even rush out this update? Who knows?
Oh, they fucked up auras again? Color me absolutely fucking astounded. But hey, at least they buffed Iridescent Brick...
yey.png

• Feels
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Leatherface is good, damn good in fact, BUT, gens and SWF players are still the #1 problem. So, the killer tiers would be this right now:

Nurse
Freddy, Leatherface, Spirit
Ghostface, Billy.
Everyone else
Bottom tier:
Oni, Pig, Legion and Clown.

Edit for Leatherface thoughts:

I'm very comfortable saying he's the 3rd or maybe 4th best killer in the game ATM. Freddy is still #2 just after Nurse because Freddy has so many innate advantages to him not to mention map control. But now Leatherface can counter a lot of pallet loops. Jungle gyms with a window and a safe pallet are still a problem but Bamboozle kind of fixes it. I don't like the add-ons that increase the charge time at all. That extra bit of charge time can make a huge difference. Light Chassis is a top tier add-on. The Chili is now a top tier add-on and can almost make it a lock that you will get them at a loop or at least take away the pallet.

BTW with Light Chassis, you can just continuously tap the power button for the same effect. You don't need to hold it for a second, stop, then hold it again.

The problem is a lack of map control and your best bet is to get a down, go after the next guy then down and get that hook and keep trying to shut them down. Or, you get a down and patrol that spot and shut down hook rushes. The problem is that you need perks to tell if they're just going to ignore the guy on the hook and slam on the gens. I'm thinking Corrupt Intervention might not be the best and you may need Bitter Murmur, Tinkerer, Thrilling Tremors, Discordance or Surveillance + Ruin to know if they're on gens or plotting a hook rush.

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: ExsanguinateHorizon

ScrappyLobsterchu

kiwifarms.net
Leatherface is good, damn good in fact, BUT, gens and SWF players are still the #1 problem. So, the killer tiers would be this right now:

Nurse
Freddy, Leatherface, Spirit
Ghostface, Billy.
Everyone else
Bottom tier:
Oni, Pig, Legion and Clown.

Edit for Leatherface thoughts:

I'm very comfortable saying he's the 3rd or maybe 4th best killer in the game ATM. Freddy is still #2 just after Nurse because Freddy has so many innate advantages to him not to mention map control. But now Leatherface can counter a lot of pallet loops. Jungle gyms with a window and a safe pallet are still a problem but Bamboozle kind of fixes it. I don't like the add-ons that decrease the charge time at all. That extra bit of charge time can make a huge difference. Light Chasis is a top tier add-on. The Chili is now a top tier add-on and can almost make it a lock that you will get them at a loop or at least take away the pallet.

BTW with Light Chasis, you can just continuously tap the power button for the same effect. You don't need to hold it for a second, stop, then hold it again.

The problem is a lack of map control and your best bet is to get a down, go after the next guy then down and get that hook and keep trying to shut them down. Or, you get a down and patrol that spot and shut down hook rushes. The problem is that you need perks to tell if they're just going to ignore and slam on the gens. I'm thinking Corrupt Intervention might not be the best and you may need Bitter Murmur, Tinkerer, Thrilling Tremors, Discordance or Surveillance + Ruin to know if they're on gens or plotting a hook rush.
I'm curious why you rate oni so poorly. He always struck me as a middle of the road killer?

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm curious why you rate oni so poorly. He always struck me as a middle of the road killer?
I have my reasons:

He has to wait to use his power. When he uses his power everyone is alerted to it. He has it for only so long depending on how many downs or attempts at downs you go for. Certain loops are still strong enough to completely avoid Oni.

Has no other innate advantage other being able to track them when injured.

Leatherface and Billy can use their power whenever they want without inane restrictions.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: ScrappyLobsterchu

1wngdngl

kiwifarms.net
I was going to check out Bubba overhaul once it's out, but the monkeys at Bhvr just HAD to go and fix fuck up smth else that did not need fixing. I'll wait until they fix the auras, because I'm not gonna play killer without being able to see all the gens
Oni is mid tier at best. Fight me.
yeah, wtf, Oni is S tier if you can get a hit in early enough in the match
not much to add there really
I watched a bit of a new ortz video and am Wondering if the new auras are a bug or a feature.
that is a conundrum indeed. one must wonder if it's possibly a BBQ nerf Bhvr retаrds tried to slide in under the radar. otherwise I fail to see why they decided to mess with something that was working fine

also imagine being a Canadian vidya game dev in 2020 and forgetting that colorblind ppl exist

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
that is a conundrum indeed. one must wonder if it's possibly a BBQ nerf Bhvr retаrds tried to slide in under the radar. otherwise I fail to see why they decided to mess with something that was working fine

also imagine being a Canadian vidya game dev in 2020 and forgetting that colorblind ppl exist
I think it's a bug because it also effects Survivors. If it affected Killer only then that's one thing but absolutely nothing bad can possibly happen to their beloved paypiggies (AKA Survivor Mains).

• Agree
Reactions: BlazikenLover

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People have screamed at them for years about color blind options. It's been brought up almost as much as balancing the game. Behavior doesn't want to do it because they don't want to give killers """""""""unfair advantages""""""" I.E. easier to see aura's, bloodstains, scratch marks and whatever.

Edit for Billy thoughts:

They killed my boy and any asshole who say's "he's fine" or "he's better now" should be executed and buried in a latrine. The cooldown to using the saw isn't too bad but then you realize that if you chainsaw around the map twice, you're already at 50%. You find a guy and start revving, maybe there is a little bit of time in-between finding him and then running up to their back, you start revving again and you're right back to 50% or more. This really hurts him when it comes to patrolling especially when there's one guy left and you're checking the gates.

Someone on their team must be super fucking butt-hurt over Billy because they took away all instant saw add-ons and even cool-down add-ons. It may have been a guy I killed in a game for all I know.

And this is fun:

theyfuckedup.jpg

The description is an absolute lie. The add-on originally took away instant down with the saw, making it worthless. Then they re-did the add-ons and added new text as mentioned with Leatherface and the Light Chassis add-on a page or two ago. Except, the fucktards didn't fix this one particular add-on. It still takes away the ability to instant down.

They went even harder with the nerfs. When you use the saw then stop there's now this new camera effect where you look down at the ground making it easier for the assholes to get away.

The faggot(s) who made these changes must have been someone that I chainsawed repeatedly in matches. Because every single thing I did with this character has been taken away.

2nd edit: due to the terrible aura changes. The faggots are burning through their supply of Ormond map offerings. For those who don't know, Ormond has very low visibility and it's very difficult to see scratch mark and aura's. And that was before the aura change. So now it's just cancer. I just go into Task Manager when I see the faggots use that offering now.

Also, ragequit punishment is back on. Which is something...

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: BlazikenLover

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
wjrrlzdnxvd51.png

If they're aware that this is an issue, that was brought up in the PTB 3 weeks ago, then why the fuck did they push this update with the terrible aura's in the first place?

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
were the new auras in PTB also?
Apparently they were better. I wouldn't know since the PTB didn't work not unless you were in a KYF match. But it wasn't this bad.

Edit: the new Matchmaking system seems to be working. I noticed no difference while using Freddy and Leatherface who I use a lot and get 3-4 kills most of the time. I used Trapper, who I don't use too often but know how to play and I actually have fun with him, and get a match of newbies using Haddonfield. Amateur mistakes abounded and like rank 20's they stealthed it. Easy 4K. Could have gotten a 3K but unless I'm bored or need to do other shit I will slug and look for the last guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: msd
Tags
None