Dead by Daylight - Asymmetric slasher game with autistic and entitled community.

How long until the devs nerf Pyramid Head?

• By end of PTB

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 3 weeks after the release goes live

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 3-6 months like Legion

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • He'll remain the same or possibly get buffs and be accused of being Pay 2 Win

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeb-sama2

TRY UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS
kiwifarms.net
Was just watching a few vids of the new leatherface to see what's new. Good god that shit looks bonkers. So bonkers in fact that his only weakness now seems to be his lack of an ability that helps him travel around the map quicker.

If BHVR weren't such steaming garbage, I would be tempted to play again just for that.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was just watching a few vids of the new leatherface to see what's new. Good god that shit looks bonkers. So bonkers in fact that his only weakness now seems to be his lack of an ability that helps him travel around the map quicker.

If BHVR weren't such steaming garbage, I would be tempted to play again just for that.
He's fast enough that you can actually catch a speed hacker:

That's not me playing I stole that from the Reddit. Keep in mind, that's without add-ons to make Leatherface move even faster.

In other news, an offline versus A.I. training mode has been announced for the mobile port. When is this shit coming to the other ports? Who fucking knows? It's presumably only a matter of time but we all know how incompetent the devs are.

Edit for more Billy sperging: the new add-ons mostly suck. Turn add-ons are 'okay' at best but if you're using Billy and have bound Q and E to turn left and right then turn add-ons are pointless. The add-on that give him undetectable status after chainsawing someone seems good on paper but in practice unless you're playing newbs they're going to know you're there and they're going to run away. Then, the only other situation it would be useful for is if you chase them to a jungle gym and abuse the lack of a terror radius and red stain. Making it purely situational.

Best add-ons would be the ones that reduce the downtime when bumping into objects because then you can chase someone, purposely crash into something, and then just M1 or chainsaw them (hopefully).

But yeah, Leatherface is now the superior chainsaw killer.

3rd edit: Not a fan of the Carburetor Tuning Guide for Leatherface. The chainsaw sweeps last for a fuckload of time BUT, BUT, if you break a pallet or breakable wall you lose ALL of your charges and have to wait. That can really fuck you over during a chase. Losing one or two stacks is fine because it'll take about 5 seconds to get them back and you should hopefully be close enough, after breaking a pallet, to only use 1-2 stacks to down them. But losing all of them and being forced to wait a good 10-15 seconds to get them all back is a bitch.

Best Leatherface add-ons: The Chili's, Green Beast Marks and Light Chassis. Not much of a reason to use the others. The one that makes them broken for 90 seconds is okay but what is more important? An add-on that will massively help you get an instant down at loops? Or an add-on that will slow them down after you manage to get them?

If you're playing against an asshole with Sprint Burst who is just walking, trying to bait you to use the chainsaw, it is possible to catch up to them with both Chili's and I assume Purple Chili and Green Beast Marks for the same effect.

PS: I love hooking the final guy who was acting like a faggot and just chainsawing the absolute fuck out of him as Leatherface.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jeb-sama2

Lemurakk

kiwifarms.net
Hi, i've been reading through this thread for the past few days on my daily commute as I was interested about the game and the drama that comes with it, today I decided to purchase the game finally and wanted to get your guys' input on what dlc I should buy, as I can only afford 3, maybe 4 right now. Based on what i've read here it seems like the best choices would be Leatherface. Ghostface, Freddy and maybe Myers, and i'm also intrigued by that girl that vomits on people. What do you think?

1wngdngl

kiwifarms.net
Hi, i've been reading through this thread for the past few days on my daily commute as I was interested about the game and the drama that comes with it, today I decided to purchase the game finally and wanted to get your guys' input on what dlc I should buy, as I can only afford 3, maybe 4 right now. Based on what i've read here it seems like the best choices would be Leatherface. Ghostface, Freddy and maybe Myers, and i'm also intrigued by that girl that vomits on people. What do you think?
look up how the killers work in terms of their powers and then decide. LF is a good choice especially now with his rework, with Mike and GF however from personal experience I'd say pick one or the other - their powers are very similar (the difference is that Mike buffs himself and GF on the other hand debuffs the survivors. I personally like Mike more since GF requires practice to get good with him and Mike really doesn't)

can't say whether Freddy is good or not since I don't have him.

I was in a similar position a month and a half ago when I got into this trashfire and iirc at first I bought Mike, GF, LF and Oni as a starter pack

Reactions: Lemurakk

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Get Plague (vomit woman) for Corrupt Intervention and Infectious Fright. Corrupt will slow the game down. And Infectious will teach you how they hover around after you down a guy. After that, Leatherface because he's really good now and has BBQ. After that it's a tossup:

Freddy is very good, easy to understand, his perks are okay end game perks.

Myers is fun, but can be very frustrating in the early game, also easy to understand, has very strong and unique perks.

Ghostface is a lot of fun, easy to use, better than Myers, you just have to figure out when to stalk; stalk someone to 99% for later, or just go for a regular hit. He has two very good perks as well.

I would also recommend Clown just for his perks. Specifically Bamboozle and Pop Goes the Weasel. You can buy non-licensed characters with shards. It costs 9K shards and should take about a month of grinding to get that many shards. I'd recommend buying Clown, Hag, and maybe Spirit with Shards.

Luckily, you don't have to unlock every single perk so there's crappy perks on these characters like Knock Out on Leatherface, Fire Up on Freddy, Furtive Chase on Ghostface and Coulrophobia on Clown. You don't have to unlock these perks.

Most overrated perks are: Overcharge. It sounds good on paper but it won't help slow down the gens.

My advice: check out the Dead by Daylight wiki and research the perks, especially survivor perks, use Leatherface right from the start because you can equip BBQ right away and get double Bloodpoints. Keep dumping points into Leatherface until he's at level 35 and then you've unlocked BBQ for everyone else. Then play whoever you want. BBQ is a massive QOL perk. The devs know this and that's why in the Shrine once a year.

can't say whether Freddy is good or not since I don't have him.I was in a simular position a month ago and iirc at first I bought Mike, GF, LF and Oni
Maybe controversial opinion, I think Freddy is #2 after Nurse. He's extremely powerful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemurakk

1wngdngl

kiwifarms.net
Ghostface is a lot of fun, easy to use, better than Myers, you just have to figure out when to stalk; stalk someone to 99% for later, or just go for a regular hit. He has two very good perks as well.
I personally do not find him easy to use, but maybe I'm just stoopid
Luckily, you don't have to unlock every single perk so there's crappy perks on these characters like Knock Out on Leatherface, Fire Up on Freddy, Furtive Chase on Ghostface and Coulrophobia on Clown. You don't have to unlock these perks.
bruh, wtf, Coulrophobia is pretty strong with a no-power Oni build
Maybe controversial opinion, I think Freddy is #2 after Nurse. He's extremely powerful.
hmmm, I feel like it really is controversial. but again, idk for sure

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I personally do not find him easy to use, but maybe I'm just stoopid

bruh, wtf, Coulrophobia is pretty strong with a no-power Oni build

hmmm, I feel like it really is controversial. but again, idk for sure
1: yeah, just go for an M1. He's very powerful at jungle gyms because his power turns off not just the TR but the red stain. So if they camp a pallet you can get them from an angle they can't see coming. Plus you can use his power to counter Borrowed Time when they come for a hook rush.

2: raughs.

3: the tier list is open for debate to an extent. But everyone would agree Freddy is very high in the tiers.

Lemurakk

kiwifarms.net
Thanks for the suggestions, ended up picking up Myers, Ghostface, Leatherface and Plague, after reading the wiki the one that seemed to have the most useless perks was Freddy, although knowing myself I'll end up shilling for the rest of the dlc characters in a few days if I like the game that much.

Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for the suggestions, ended up picking up Myers, Ghostface, Leatherface and Plague, after reading the wiki the one that seemed to have the most useless perks was Freddy, although knowing myself I'll end up shilling for the rest of the dlc characters in a few days if I like the game that much.
Enjoy. Well, try to. Cross play is coming in the next chapter. Candyman is probably the next killer. Then another licensed killer after (please be Jason or Pinhead). Then next year they'll introduce "Early Game Collapse" which will supposedly slow down the early game so you don't have to use 3-4 fucking perks to slow the game down. ATM I'm using 3 perks on Leatherface and Freddy just to slow the game down. And 2 slow down perks on Ghostface.

Lemurakk

kiwifarms.net
Enjoy. Well, try to. Cross play is coming in the next chapter. Candyman is probably the next killer. Then another licensed killer after (please be Jason or Pinhead). Then next year they'll introduce "Early Game Collapse" which will supposedly slow down the early game so you don't have to use 3-4 fucking perks to slow the game down. ATM I'm using 3 perks on Leatherface and Freddy just to slow the game down. And 2 slow down perks on Ghostface.
Well, I played about 7 games and don't really have anything to complain about, it's a really fun game, only thing that's a little wonky is the matchmaking, it keeps putting me up against rank 9s that have really good perks and addons. Also found some people that I assume were playing together that tea bagged me while escaping and insulted me in chat, fucking brazilians.

Edit: This is just ridiculous...
Untitled.png

Last edited:

ExsanguinateHorizon

bruh
kiwifarms.net
I don't like the add-ons that increase the charge time at all.
I really fucked myself one game because I misunderstood the wording to mean it just takes longer for the actual charges to replenish...

an offline versus A.I. training mode has been announced for the mobile port
Really wanted this just to get a feel for a Killer and explore the maps, but they shouldn't reward points for it. League rapidly developed a rather predictable problem with absolute morons who leveled only playing against AI lol

A_Callow_Youth

kiwifarms.net
Well, I played about 7 games and don't really have anything to complain about, it's a really fun game, only thing that's a little wonky is the matchmaking, it keeps putting me up against rank 9s that have really good perks and addons. Also found some people that I assume were playing together that tea bagged me while escaping and insulted me in chat, fucking brazilians.

Edit: This is just ridiculous...
View attachment 1489875
Well, it's not quite the infamous SWF Death Squads, but yeah, that would be pretty painful to run into on day 1. The simple fact is that matchmaking is shit, always has been shit, and will continue to be shit, but soon they'll have the "SUPAR SEEKRIT MMR" excuse for ignoring people complaining about the matchmaking.

The problem is that they can't fucking decide if this is supposed to be a competitive or party game, and so they keep tripping over their own changes trying to appease everyone and getting nothing accomplished.

Lemurakk

kiwifarms.net
Well, it's not quite the infamous SWF Death Squads, but yeah, that would be pretty painful to run into on day 1. The simple fact is that matchmaking is shit, always has been shit, and will continue to be shit, but soon they'll have the "SUPAR SEEKRIT MMR" excuse for ignoring people complaining about the matchmaking.

The problem is that they can't fucking decide if this is supposed to be a competitive or party game, and so they keep tripping over their own changes trying to appease everyone and getting nothing accomplished.
Well, last match was against two rank 5s and 2 rank 8s, I don't know how this is acceptable in a multiplayer game with ranks when other games like CS:GO or Rainbow Six would be dead within two days if the matchmaking was as horrible as this, I guess I should start gittin gud.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, last match was against two rank 5s and 2 rank 8s, I don't know how this is acceptable in a multiplayer game with ranks when other games like CS:GO or Rainbow Six would be dead within two days if the matchmaking was as horrible as this, I guess I should start gittin gud.
Try watching Otz and see how he uses killler.

Look up videos of him using killers you're interested in.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They might be turning off the DC penalty system again...

FSlCXZkUUlPmRj1x2yTj_kRRR2yxiLmVg_TVMu3BsA8.jpg

Hackers were able to get this streamer a 70 hour time out. How fucked are their systems that a script kiddie could do this shit? I've heard rumblings that they just might make streamers immune to the penalty system because... You know... That'll totally fix the issue... If you piss off a script kiddie than you're fucked. Time to get a VPN.

I do try to look for the upsides to shit. You know, like SWF is a problem but how often do you face them? Not every single match at least and once you get a feeling for it you know when to dodge or bring out the mori's. The Leatherface buffs were very welcomed. They deleted cancer spots in a bunch of maps. New graphics for the maps are coming. Presumably, Candyman is coming along with someone else. They're finally going to slow the fucking game down... Next year.

It's always one step forwards and two steps back for these faggots.

Ragequit punishment system? Great but, script kiddies can exploit and this still doesn't stop assholes from ragequitting to give their faggot friend the hatch. They don't give a fuck about a 5 minute time out.

Deleting cancer loop spots? Great. BUT, they completely ignored fixing Haddonfield, Ormond, Blood Lodge and the new Silent Hill map may be the worst map of them all.

Leatherface buffs? Great but they nerfed the shit out of Billy for no reason.

Last edited:

A_Callow_Youth

kiwifarms.net
They might be turning off the DC penalty system again...

View attachment 1491139

Hackers were able to get this streamer a 70 hour time out. How fucked are their systems that a script kiddie could do this shit? I've heard rumblings that they just might make streamers immune to the penalty system because... You know... That'll totally fix the issue... If you piss off a script kiddie than you're fucked. Time to get a VPN.

I do try to look for the upsides to shit. You know, like SWF is a problem but how often do you face them? Not every single match at least and once you get a feeling for it you know when to dodge or bring out the mori's. The Leatherface buffs were very welcomed. They deleted cancer spots in a bunch of maps. New graphics for the maps are coming. Presumably, Candyman is coming along with someone else. They're finally going to slow the fucking game down... Next year.

It's always one step forwards and two steps back for these faggots.

Ragequit punishment system? Great but, script kiddies can exploit and this still doesn't stop assholes from ragequitting to give their faggot friend the hatch. They don't give a fuck about a 5 minute time out.

Deleting cancer loop spots? Great. BUT, they completely ignored fixing Haddonfield, Ormond, Blood Lodge and the new Silent Hill map may be the worst map of them all.

Leatherface buffs? Great but they nerfed the shit out of Billy for no reason.
Can confirm: they DID disable the ragequit punishment system AGAIN.

Epic face palm.
Fucking hell, True, use the damned 2-factor authentication.

EDIT: Also, this has been floating around 4chan today:
tbc.png

Tags
None