Dead Rising - It's Resident Evil mixed with photography and robot masks.

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I was going to say 2 wasn't bad but Applejack beat me to it. Actually 2 is probably more playable gameplay-wise. Never played Dead Rising 1 before but I heard the time limit was so severe and A.I. was bad.
I think I remember having more trouble doing everything in 2 with the time limit then I did in 1. I don't remember the details but I recall running out of time before and during the fight with the twins in 2 in a couple of runs. The worst I remember happening in 1 is having to bring some survivors with me to confront the cult and then lead a full posse through paradise plaza at night.

1 gives you a few opportunities of calm to explore and learn where things are in between throwing lots of missions at you. I'd also say it has easier to find unmarked survivors.

The handsome tard

I will pay you to kill yourself. PM me
kiwifarms.net
I think I remember having more trouble doing everything in 2 with the time limit then I did in 1. I don't remember the details but I recall running out of time before and during the fight with the twins in 2 in a couple of runs. The worst I remember happening in 1 is having to bring some survivors with me to confront the cult and then lead a full posse through paradise plaza at night.

1 gives you a few opportunities of calm to explore and learn where things are in between throwing lots of missions at you. I'd also say it has easier to find unmarked survivors.
Dead Rising 1 had a stricter time limit to the point it limited gameplay (tho that was intentional, motivated multiple playthroughs)
Dead Rising 2 had a less strict time limit but I dare say that it still kept a good balance of time management and fun.
Dead Rising 3 had a time limit mostly on theory as it gives you so much time to do everything but it was still tecnically there.
Dead Rising 4 threw their arms in the air and said "Forget the time limit, we are going to become as generic as every zombie slasher game out there! Oh and psychos are gone too,have maniacs instead! We are going for quantity over quality here, people! Move!"

Zaryiu

kiwifarms.net
Dead Rising 1 had a stricter time limit to the point it limited gameplay (tho that was intentional, motivated multiple playthroughs)
Dead Rising 2 had a less strict time limit but I dare say that it still kept a good balance of time management and fun.
Dead Rising 3 had a time limit mostly on theory as it gives you so much time to do everything but it was still tecnically there.
Dead Rising 4 threw their arms in the air and said "Forget the time limit, we are going to become as generic as every zombie slasher game out there! Oh and psychos are gone too,have maniacs instead! We are going for quantity over quality here, people! Move!"
Except they messed up 4 so bad, there's practically nothing to do besides the awful main story besides fighting maniacs which sucks and collectibles to get they placed to pad shit out. Oh and unrelated to DR but Gears 5 at least partially got the same problems as DR4

A Grey Cat

Meow
kiwifarms.net
Unpopular opinion but I don't hate 4 but I will admit the fact that a game made for Xbox one and PS4 has less Gore and bloody messes than a game from 2006, the true ending aka overtime mode kept as DLC and the subpar writing did make me pick the game up from a bargain bin and I haven't bought the dlc yet and idk of j will since I doubt it'll be on sale.

Still since Capcom has made something of a comeback with resident evil 7 and the remake of 2 a remake of the first game with elements of the sequels like combo weapons and tons of costumes would be a nice way to bring the series back.

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
Unpopular opinion but I don't hate 4 but I will admit the fact that a game made for Xbox one and PS4 has less Gore and bloody messes than a game from 2006, the true ending aka overtime mode kept as DLC and the subpar writing did make me pick the game up from a bargain bin and I haven't bought the dlc yet and idk of j will since I doubt it'll be on sale.

Still since Capcom has made something of a comeback with resident evil 7 and the remake of 2 a remake of the first game with elements of the sequels like combo weapons and tons of costumes would be a nice way to bring the series back.

Dead Rising 4 isnt an awful game, its simply an awful Dead Rising entry. Dead Rising was never simply a mindless zombie killer game, Dead Rising 4 is that shamelessly. Also the plot is laughably awful...I had my problems with DR3's plot but I almost felt like apologizing for it after checking out 4's. The game promised the return of Frank West and Willamete...problem is, we didnt get FW (but rather Hank East) and the mall in the game isnt even the same one from the first game (as they made us believe it would be).

Dead Rising 4 kept acting like giving us combo weapons was enough replacement for good game designs, there arent any tricks or work arounds with the zombies, simply kill kill and kill. Let me tell you something, that shit? it gets boring after a while without any twists to it or challenges.

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
Slightly off topic but, I never watched walking dead regularly but did it really get as bad as people say it did.
I think it was pretty good until Season 4, I honestly felt burned out after the prison arc (and terminus just felt like a bigger version of Chris's cannibal group from the comics).
Unpopular Opinion, I think TWD was very good until S4, S2 was slow indeed but it built character, which is why people were watching. The problem is that showrunners kept changing, thus leading to different tones and directions constantly (unlike GOT that kept consistent show runners).
I was a loyal watcher until S5, thats when I just felt like taking a break and didnt come back since. Doesnt help that the show constantly deviantes from the comics (in a bad way, I mean, like killing off IMPORTANT characters from the comics way earlier or that never died at all like Carl, he was suppose to survive until the end of the story.

Negan was neat for a while but I just felt like they couldnt use him to his fullest potential (but the actor was legit doing all he could), he had some legit scary and funny scenes (as Negan is suppose to go from almost comical to terrifying in a blink of an eye). But I personally think TV version of the Governor was a better compelling villain (The Comic Version was a terrifying psychopath, while the TV version was a psychopath too but he had layers of character underneath and there was almost hope that he could redeem himself and start over with another group but he couldnt let his grudges be, thus returning him to his old ways).

I honestly think that TWD as a TV show went for too long and/or just couldnt keep a consistent quality storytelling (now if thats the fault of adapting the comics or the way they were adapting is up to the individual).

They honestly should have kept Frank Darabont as the show runner, he is a man of talent.
Also it would have helped that the show not be PG-13, it had to be an R to truly show some messed up shit from the comics (and lots of swearing, seriously, no one shouts a single FUCK when getting attacked by walkers).

Im done with the brand after The Telltale Game series and comics ended, there isnt much to it anymore besides an upcoming game that may or may not be shit like the previous two.

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
Hey fellow war journalist, I have been thinking. If the Dead Rising franchise were to ever return from the grave (ironically), the best way would be probably to ditch the main timeline and focus on a remake or reboot of sorts. Given Capcom's track record with RE 2 and RE 3, maybe this could be the way to bring the series back. Of course that the mechanics would need to resemble more that of Dead Rising 1 and 2 than 3 and especially 4. Keep combo weapons but obviously keep them mostly grounded in reality like 2 did. Also try to make a better fucking AI for the survivors, maybe have new survivors with unique quests or hell, maybe given more time for Frank in the mall.
That is the only hope of the series since it has gotten far too stupid even for its own standarts so even if they make a sequel that gets back on track, I find it hard for the universe to recover after DR 4.

selachophile

kiwifarms.net
Hey fellow war journalist, I have been thinking. If the Dead Rising franchise were to ever return from the grave (ironically), the best way would be probably to ditch the main timeline and focus on a remake or reboot of sorts. Given Capcom's track record with RE 2 and RE 3, maybe this could be the way to bring the series back. Of course that the mechanics would need to resemble more that of Dead Rising 1 and 2 than 3 and especially 4. Keep combo weapons but obviously keep them mostly grounded in reality like 2 did. Also try to make a better fucking AI for the survivors, maybe have new survivors with unique quests or hell, maybe given more time for Frank in the mall.
That is the only hope of the series since it has gotten far too stupid even for its own standarts so even if they make a sequel that gets back on track, I find it hard for the universe to recover after DR 4.
I fully believe that a competent developer could keep what makes Dead Rising special while adding to the formula, were they to ditch the baggage of 3 and 4 like this. However, Capcom's got a truckload of dead franchises to molest, and most of their failures aren't quite as bad and recent as DR4. Fuck, that 2009 3rd person shooter Bionic Commando outsold Dead Rising 4 according to Capcom's own website.

Tad Loaf

kiwifarms.net
I fully believe that a competent developer could keep what makes Dead Rising special while adding to the formula, were they to ditch the baggage of 3 and 4 like this. However, Capcom's got a truckload of dead franchises to molest, and most of their failures aren't quite as bad and recent as DR4. Fuck, that 2009 3rd person shooter Bionic Commando outsold Dead Rising 4 according to Capcom's own website.
I really don't get how they fucked up so bad outside of "We just don't care enough to try", Dead Rising is one of my all time favorites but it's not one of those "lightning in a bottle" situations where it's just hard to get the right people on board, or a game where it's main appeal is the writing which can be really fickle.
How the fuck did they ever allow DR4 to release, especially without proper Psychos, like really? That's like releasing a fucking Megaman game without robot masters.

selachophile

kiwifarms.net
I really don't get how they fucked up so bad outside of "We just don't care enough to try", Dead Rising is one of my all time favorites but it's not one of those "lightning in a bottle" situations where it's just hard to get the right people on board, or a game where it's main appeal is the writing which can be really fickle.
How the fuck did they ever allow DR4 to release, especially without proper Psychos, like really? That's like releasing a fucking Megaman game without robot masters.
This video puts together a pretty good argument that they had extremely little time to develop the game. It's all speculation, but I'm willing to buy it considering how bare and glitchy it was on release. I mean, consider trying to sell the idea of delaying your Christmas themed game's december release date to Capcom's corporate bean counters. Really can't fathom who thought the Christmas stuff was a good idea in the first place, though.

Monika H.

Your friendly neighborhood gravedigger
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The worst I remember happening in 1 is having to bring some survivors with me to confront the cult and then lead a full posse through paradise plaza at night.
You just gave me PTSD style Vietnam flashbacks about that part, especially when I tried doing a perfect run with all survivors and story.
That part is undiluted nightmare fuel, you don't see anything and Paradise plaza is chock full of zombies at that point of the game.

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
You just gave me PTSD style Vietnam flashbacks about that part, especially when I tried doing a perfect run with all survivors and story.
That part is undiluted nightmare fuel, you don't see anything and Paradise plaza is chock full of zombies at that point of the game.
That moment of triumph after you beat Sean and kill the final batch of cultists and you think about how you never have to worry about being kidnapped again only to realize how much worse off you are now as the zombies have come back in force and clogged up every safe avenue you used to have.

WWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL shit

I wouldn't mind a reboot or something like that but if they do bring Frank back for the love of god get TJ Rotolo back and don't change his character to be an incompetent moron again.

Monika H.

Your friendly neighborhood gravedigger
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That moment of triumph after you beat Sean and kill the final batch of cultists and you think about how you never have to worry about being kidnapped again only to realize how much worse off you are now as the zombies have come back in force and clogged up every safe avenue you used to have.
Exactly.
One of the things I found the best and that wasn't implemented in the other games is that the mall closed down at a certain hour, lights and music would go out and you remained in the dark, and the only thing you would hear were the zombie moaning and shambling.
It surely created a wonderful and terrifying atmosphere, the ones that make you think "Okay, now it's not so funny anymore".
And then the feelings of hope when it started to light up at dawn.
It's a small thing, but the sequels didn't have this kind of atmosphere.