Dead video game series/franchises you refuse to let go -

• Fediverse: The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Upgrade: I am expecting that hardware upgrade at about Noon EST. I am doing preperative work before that. This may result in site issues.

Tismo

Have a sad cum, babe
kiwifarms.net
Maybe one day Patapon 4 will come out. If only the Vita wasn't so fucking dead. And I had one.

WhoWhatWhere

H8 Boner
kiwifarms.net
Silent Hill for sure. I would sing from the mountain tops out of pure joy if ever the series produced a game that could match the perfection that is Silent Hill 2.

I was gonna say Psychonauts, but....
Have you ever played Grim Fandango? Tim Schafer did that one too. So good.

Really just Lucas Arts games in general are fantastic. May they RIP. Disney ended an era buying them out.

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
The World Ends With You

... it's never gonna get a sequel. Even with the hint at the end of the Android/iOS versions and the Kingdom Hearts cameo.

I keep hoping though.
Oh God, that hint... apparently something did come out of that, but it was another mobile title that nobody gave a shit about.

As for other series... pre-reboot Castlevania. I tried to give Lords of Shadow and Mirror of Fate a chance, but the former felt like I was playing Dark Souls without the weapon feedback and I couldn't even finish the 3DS demo of MoF.

DuskEngine

watermelon seller
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh God, that hint... apparently something did come out of that, but it was another mobile title that nobody gave a shit about.

As for other series... pre-reboot Castlevania. I tried to give Lords of Shadow and Mirror of Fate a chance, but the former felt like I was playing Dark Souls without the weapon feedback and I couldn't even finish the 3DS demo of MoF.
I really enjoyed the DS Castlevania games (especially Order of Ecclesia). I'd love to see them make more games in that vein sometime.

picklehaube

Everybody needs good neighbours.
kiwifarms.net
The Darkness - the second ironed out a few kinks with the controller, but was far too short and left on such an intentional cliffhanger, setting up a third but was dropped due to sales.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
It sucks that they decided not to make the entire Space Marine trilogy. The first one basically took Gears Of Wars shooting/melee/cover system and lit that shit up. It was a mind blowing, visceral and stupidly OTT shooter, every mechanic worked perfectly (jump packs and grav-hammers ftw) and it had a great protagonist. Then THQ took a nosedive and that was that.

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
Onimusha. Dawn of Dreams kind of (in some cases badly) mangled the story but I'd like to see what Jubei did while searching for Soki and if she ever found him.

And in the off-chance they do, please please Capcom get rid of Minokichi.

Wild Arms. Which is strange because the developer is still around and even helped with Valkyria Chronicles a while back.
You ever play the remake of the first one?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino