Dead video game series/franchises you refuse to let go -

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Clock Tower - once a classic, now pretty damn obscure. Not even JonTron doing a video on the first game for the SNES could give it much life. All I want is a remake of Clock Tower 2 (the actual sequel, not Ghost Head) in the same manner of the Resident Evil remake - is that too much to ask for???

Duncan Hills Coffee

Pees out the side of his dick
kiwifarms.net
Clock Tower - once a classic, now pretty damn obscure. Not even JonTron doing a video on the first game for the SNES could give it much life. All I want is a remake of Clock Tower 2 (the actual sequel, not Ghost Head) in the same manner of the Resident Evil remake - is that too much to ask for???
I've always wanted to try Clock Tower because it's simultaneously a unique premise but also a complete no-brainer when it comes to video games but nobody really tackles it. The closest you get to it these days would probably be Mr. X in REmake 2 but even then you can technically fight back. I guess the Amnesia games count too, but even those games are more about stealth than anything. Clock Tower 1 and 2 seem more like traditional slasher movies mixed with point-and-click adventure games than the usual horror fare, so there's not really anything like it.

Syaoran Li

White Trash Degenerate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Given how popular stuff like Fortnite is, I'm honestly surprised that a AAA developer hasn't brought back the Army Men series. Not sure who owns it anymore, since 3DO went out of business and the series' license was bounced around by a few companies.

Hell, you don't even need to tie it into the 3DO series since army men toys are public domain and aren't really subject to any copyrights or trademarks like other famous toys such as G.I. Joe or Hot Wheels.

There are a few indie games and a few game mods that are based off of the Army Men concept, and with the popularity of cartoony Battle Royale shooters, you'd think one of the big companies would try to cash in on the trend and maybe cash in on nostalgia too (if not for the old games, then for the toys)

Also, I'd love to see Lethal Enforcers make a comeback, but with the decline of arcades in the West and light gun games in particular, I'm not sure how you'd reboot the series.

At least with something like CarnEvil, you could rebrand the game as a survival horror parody while a Lethal Enforcers reboot would be a either a shallow GTA clone, a shallow Red Dead clone, or a shallow Yakuza clone depending on which one of the three games you decide to base the adaptation.

Basil II

National Opthalmologist of Bulgaria
kiwifarms.net
No one plays WaW or Blops 1 Zombies on PC anymore but I still enjoy it.

Lurkio

kiwifarms.net
Call me Autistic, but I still miss the Chao Gardens from Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. It was such a fun part of the game, arguably the best part, with a lot of detail and effort put into it, and Sega completely abandoned it after a few games. I know they said they'd have trouble "adapting it for non-Sonic Adventure Games", but I find that a little BS, even in modern Sonic games you can still easily make enemies drop collectibles and buy things with rings. Part of me still holds out hope that Sega makes a Chao Garden app, I'm not even a particularly big Sonic fan (I haven't bought any Sonic game since Sonic Unleashed, except Sonic Mania) but dang do I love those guys. They did recently release an animation staring Chao, so who knows?

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
No one plays WaW or Blops 1 Zombies on PC anymore but I still enjoy it.
I would play more of it if it fucking had native controller support. I am too lazy to use keyboard and mouse so I use the Xbox One controller when I game and surprised how comfortable the controller is.

Can't wait for the new flight simulator though so I can buy a new joystick and computer for it.

Hongourable Madisha

Happy Hongukkah
kiwifarms.net
I grew up on Myst and Command & Conquer, they both went to shit in the last instalment (long before then for C&C) but they must be ripe for a comeback. Though EA's not going to give us a proper C&C game and Rand Miller doesn't even play Atrus any more so I don't see it happening.

W00K #17

Boy Man God Shiiiit
kiwifarms.net
Shadowrun 2007 is still the most interesting, balanced, competitive fps ever made. Change my mind.

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd say Deus Ex, but the last one was so garbage I'm sure it'd end up a monkey paw kinda deal anyway.

Also, Armored Core. I'm kind of afraid of Fromsoft turning it into mecha-Soulsbourne if it ever does go back to the series, but I just want more mech games.
Mecha games not doing well these days in general kinda surprises me tbh. With the new tech you'd think they'd be able to do a lot more than they have.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I would say Breath of Fire but capcom is teasing us going "HOLD IT NIGGER WE'RE NOT JUST BRINGING BACK DINO CRISIS!"

Lunar is also in a similar situation because they've been apparently shopping around stuff.

LettuceMan

kiwifarms.net
I would say Breath of Fire but capcom is teasing us going "HOLD IT NIGGER WE'RE NOT JUST BRINGING BACK DINO CRISIS!"

Lunar is also in a similar situation because they've been apparently shopping around stuff.
The PSP remaster was so good, it's a shame the system was dead by then else the sequel could have been possible.

Belligerent Monk

The Hard R Superstar
kiwifarms.net
Jade cocoon tops my list as a weird poke/digi-mon like
Streets of rage a close second but I hear a 4th one will hit steam sometime this year

Overcooked Raccoon

Mildly interesting.
kiwifarms.net
Capcom owns the rights to Clock Tower now (Don't think they've done anything since 3 with the license), but THEY did make Haunting Grounds on the Ps2. It's basically what Clock Tower 3 should have been, and has a cute doggo, it's a good game, and I'd give it a look if you enjoy the older Clock Towers.

Also speaking of Capcom, give us that fabled Rival Schools sequel/reboot you've been teasing for so damn long. Project Justice was an AMAZING game and it had so much charm and character, I'd love to see a modern Rival Schools using the engine for SFV or something but batshit crazy.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And if it's not held by EA or Ubi, Beamdog buys up all the other older CRPGs and then ruins them by adding modern day reference bullshit or whatever flavor of the month outrage they see on social media as NPC dialog. You can't even buy the original Planescape Torment anymore digitally and you have to buy THE ENHANCED version.
I was really, really happy when it was announced that Larian was making Baldur's Gate 3 instead of the faggots at Beamdog. Then I learned the game was going to be based off the same 5E sourcebooks that canonized Abdel Adrian. Fuck me.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Capcom owns the rights to Clock Tower now (Don't think they've done anything since 3 with the license), but THEY did make Haunting Grounds on the Ps2. It's basically what Clock Tower 3 should have been, and has a cute doggo, it's a good game, and I'd give it a look if you enjoy the older Clock Towers.

Also speaking of Capcom, give us that fabled Rival Schools sequel/reboot you've been teasing for so damn long. Project Justice was an AMAZING game and it had so much charm and character, I'd love to see a modern Rival Schools using the engine for SFV or something but batshit crazy.
Project Justice in the American release had the dating sim mode cut, if anything a new RS needs to have that put in.

Overcast

Dat Booty Tho
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fallout in the style of 1, 2 and New Vegas is pretty much gone now as far as I’m concerned. The people behind them all have pretty much moved on, so even if Obsidian got another chance, it won’t be the same.

But hey, part of the message of NV was learning to let go so...

Tags
None