Dead video game series/franchises you refuse to let go -

Lonely Grave

naked and alone, we die
kiwifarms.net
Final Fantasy Tactics: Ivalice Alliance in general was a lost opportunity for Square Enix to create a strong high fantasy sub-franchise that could have gone anywhere. Instead they went for this dumb neo-fantasy style that everybody gets sick of quickly (FFXIII, FFXV).

Advance Wars: More an indictment of Intelligent Systems for being dumb as rocks and pandering to the lowest common denominator in their endless series of waifu simulators with tactical elements.

NavyFIELD: A truly lost opportunity for a potent competitor for the 'existed only on paper' P2W shittery that is Wargaming's World of Warships.

Reactions: Tour of Italy

Urbanmech

Got an AC 10 and not afraid to use it!
kiwifarms.net
Colony Wars- Would be nice to have a Space Combat Sim on the consoles again.

CarlKingofDucks

kiwifarms.net
I check up on suikoden once or twice a year. I love that franchise. At least the console onew the mobile games were garbo

Seriously tho suikodens 1 thru 5 should def be played

Reactions: Aberforth

verygayFrogs

kiwifarms.net
I'm really starting to miss pre Waifu/animu drama Fire Emblem. The newest one sold like hotcakest though so it looks like the trend is going to continue.
Well as someone from the future, you got your wish. Fates was the last waifu game and they decided to remake gaiden, and make a game pretty close to 4 but with less incest and more racism

• Feels
Reactions: Peru oso donas

AnaV

kiwifarms.net
This is cheating, but Free Radical Star Wars Battlefront series and Interplay Fallout games. Also off-topic but a practically dead genre I miss (related to previous) is isometric turn based RPGs, seems they have dried up, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?

• Feels
Reactions: Twitter Hate Mob

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
This is cheating, but Free Radical Star Wars Battlefront series and Interplay Fallout games. Also off-topic but a practically dead genre I miss (related to previous) is isometric turn based RPGs, seems they have dried up, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?
Divinity Original Sin 2 is probably it.

Unless you want to go the JRPG route which will flood you in well made turn based RPGs.

Reactions: AnaV

Wonderful Id

kiwifarms.net
Steambot Chronicles. There was the legendary PS2 game, the pretty decent PSP game that was similar but smaller in scope, and the other PSP game that was Blokus, but with Steambot characters. I love the hell out of these games and I will never give up hope that Steambot 2 might get finished some day. We got Disaster Report 4 (sort of), who says SC2 can't come back?

Reactions: Tour of Italy

Fishious Rend

The Death Fish arises
kiwifarms.net
Jeez the lufia series, lufia 2 was so good but the rest we either okay or really bad, i wish they could just take the formula from lufia 2 and go to town, the puzzles were great.

• Feels
Reactions: Guts Gets Some

Water-T

MY DICK IS NOT TINY! IT'S NOT!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jeez the lufia series, lufia 2 was so good but the rest we either okay or really bad, i wish they could just take the formula from lufia 2 and go to town, the puzzles were great.
THIS. The GB sequels/spin-offs were a let down and Lufia II remake on the DS was a disgrace.

I would stab a nun for a proper remake of I and II.

Reactions: Fishious Rend

UnimportantFarmer

kiwifarms.net
The Caesar city builder series. IV was the last. I found it far harder to get a basic city going, but more importantly, it wasn't too stable. I think a certain class of fan beta tested it. I recently bought Caesar 3 again, which is great.

• Agree

Pale Empress

kiwifarms.net
Isometric turn based RPGs have been having something of a renaissance lately. There's the Shadowrun reboots, Atom RPG, Pillars of Eternity (ymv on that one, I got burnt out because the exposition dumps go to be too much), Encased, The Wasteland reboots, Underrail, etc.

As long as there's demand, the games will keep cropping up, and the fanbase seems like it's only getting bigger but still remaining pleasantly niche. Lurk around the Early Access categories on Steam (it's a genre that always sees really successful crowdfunds and dedicated development teams) and GOG and you'll find some gems.

• Informative
Tags
None