Deadly Premonition 2 - What do you think Zach?

rotollo

No Tomboy GF
kiwifarms.net
Why does Laura Kate Dale always attach themselves to any controversy like a festering tumor, first persona 5, also trying to be a dumb leaker, now this, sad thing is everything they tries to do she gets BTFO'd at like this DP 2 thing but she still gets an audience for no reason.
swery's just a man trying to make his own personal art without anyone else really having a meaningful part in it's whole meaning. if it's understood and works, he keeps it in. if it's not and doesn't, he changes it.
What shows that aspect for me was some of the under the hood changes he did in this patch. regarding the fps, sound mixing, and esspecally the talk button on the skateboard. speaking of the talk button, is that sound effect when it shows up similar to the intrigue sound from Deadly premonition 1 or am I hearing things

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the correction made is York deadnaming the character, as York was shown to not give a rats ass if the person was trans and was accepting of whoever they chose to identify as. So if deadnaming is considered bad, York wouldn’t do so. Probably why Swery changed it, if I had to guess.

Last edited:

inslovm

kiwifarms.net
swery's just a man trying to make his own personal art without anyone else really having a meaningful part in it's whole meaning. if it's understood and works, he keeps it in. if it's not and doesn't, he changes it. resetera level pearl-clutching about him "giving into censorship" when this is always how he's been doesn't show that you're a real fan at all it just shows that you're the same level of retarded

finished the game after 100 hours of pouring it over + doing everything i can and i loved it, was exactly what i was hoping for as a lead-in from DP and D4's worldbuilding without just delivering the same experience again, it shows growth
I do pretty much agree with this, and I think that if he feels like he needs to edit some of the writing to more properly get his message across then that's fine, but it does still annoy me when I see people who are like "You DON'T deadname. EVER," as if they can't conceive of a situation in which a character might be "deadnamed" for legitimate narrative reasons. Like the bad guys have to be perfectly accepting of trans people, every parent or sibling of a trans person in a game has to accept it and use the proper pronouns at all times, etc.

I guess what really bugs me about this is that Swery is a cool, unique guy, and getting involved with this stuff is just not productive and is going to result in people harassing him and making him feel like shit. Especially when his English is not very good and these people will use any sort of poor phrasing on his part as fuel to continue bugging him with their bullshit.

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
That probably makes him more transphobic because he wrote a more likeable trans character than what the pronoun brigade could come up with.
That, and also this:
2020-07-22_140028_twitter.com.png

020-07-22_141250_pbs.twimg.com.png

AlgaeBeeTea really hate when something is not 100% for them yet at the same time they'd rather harass someone for not being inclusive enough than make their own art. Because that's the hard way and whining on twitter is easier.

Reminds me of an indie rpg with a trans protagonist made by a trans developer... The only major news outlet who actually promoted it was (I shit you not) OAG.

nosemouth

kiwifarms.net
swery's just a man trying to make his own personal art without anyone else really having a meaningful part in it's whole meaning. if it's understood and works, he keeps it in. if it's not and doesn't, he changes it. resetera level pearl-clutching about him "giving into censorship" when this is always how he's been doesn't show that you're a real fan at all it just shows that you're the same level of retarded

finished the game after 100 hours of pouring it over + doing everything i can and i loved it, was exactly what i was hoping for as a lead-in from DP and D4's worldbuilding without just delivering the same experience again, it shows growth
Did you really play this for 100 hours?

Lodoss Warrior

Enduring the Kung Flu for Lodoss
kiwifarms.net
Bunch of louts smell blood from a single Japanese man, perhaps one of the most genuine, humble, but artistically inclined developers out there, and turn on him the instant he makes a personal mistake. He changed this because of talking to some trans friends of his, not to cater to these fair-weather audiences--audiences who barely even cared for Deadly Premonition except as "Haha funny coffee man!" or "It's so bad it's good!" talking points.

Yet they spin it as him weakly attempting to court their favor, which means they're all the more justified in demanding he lick their boots! They don't care about how the game is still the same delightfully inspired mystery survival horror life simulator, that it's a heartfelt letter to the charming eccentricities of small-town America, or even about the game's technical problems. They're in it for power.

And you can see that through their hypocrisy! Let's proclaim we want more diversity in video games, yet destroy the credibility of any game not released by triple-A corporations. Naughty Dog, Bethesda, and even Electronic Arts can release their dog-shit movies masquerading as politically correct games, or barely functioning games that require 20 GB patches every few weeks, and you'll hear nary a peep from these people. In fact, you'll see them indulge in the latest Battlefield game because it has a crippled, black woman soldier, or praise TLoU2 for making a trans-character window-dressing in the game's vapid revenge narrative.

So fuck them. Swery should keep making the games he wants. The audience that actually enjoys them will accept whatever blemishes they might have.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Swery should have done what the british did when they encountered a bunch of tribalistic savages speaking gibberish they couldn't understand.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: elzaw
Tags
None