Deadly Premonition 2 - What do you think Zach?

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So in the Deadly Premonition 2 LP that I’m watching, I reached the “problematic” part of the story where York used the characters deadname. And I find it absolutely god damn hilarious that Sterling and Dale raised a big huge fuss over the deadname and not the fact that the character literally had sex with their sister before their transition and probably had an incest baby.

That’s like, the ultimate proof they didn’t even play the game.

Last edited:

Lumin

Specs are under "About"
kiwifarms.net
So in the Deadly Premonition 2 LP that I’m watching, I reached the “problematic” part of the story where York used the characters deadname. And I find it absolutely god damn hilarious that Sterling and Dale raised a big huge fuss over the deadname and not the fact that the character literally had sex with their sister before their transition and probably had an incest baby.

Or that their focus is on victimhood to the point of tunnel vision rather than the actual story they're supposed to be engaged in.

True though, I was laughing quite a bit when I got to that point in the story

Last edited:
Reactions: FatalTater

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net

Trannies being terrible human beings is par the course, not to mention that there will probably be a movement to justify incest by the left (if there isn't already one).

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
Okay so I might've been high off the smell of my neighbor's barbecue grill, but this game feels prophetic. The dragonfly wings, the blood purge stuff...
...yeah I think I'm just hungry.

Agent of Z.O.G.

kiwifarms.net
It’s more a Twitch VOD archived on YouTube, and it depends on how much you like PatStaresAt, formerly of Super Best Friends. They’re how I first found out about the game and then, so it seemed fitting.
I liked him way back but I forgot if he also turned into a faggot as time went on.
Does he go into a huff when the TRANSPHOBIC/TRANSGENOCIDE CONTENT happens?

rotollo

No Tomboy GF
kiwifarms.net
Game keeps soft locking after skipping stones in chapter 3 for some reason, might have to restart. and so close to the end of the game too.

• Feels
Reactions: Billy_Sama

Ravana

TAKE WING YE SOULS OF WAR
kiwifarms.net
I liked him way back but I forgot if he also turned into a faggot as time went on.
Does he go into a huff when the TRANSPHOBIC/TRANSGENOCIDE CONTENT happens?
You’re thinking of Matt. He drank the kool-aid. Pat for the most part is alright. I finally started playing the game since I had like, 24 hours worth of plane rides to do and I distinctly remember giving Pat shit about not finding bees but then I got to the part with the bees and I was doing just as bad. It was worth a good chuckle

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You’re thinking of Matt. He drank the kool-aid. Pat for the most part is alright. I finally started playing the game since I had like, 24 hours worth of plane rides to do and I distinctly remember giving Pat shit about not finding bees but then I got to the part with the bees and I was doing just as bad. It was worth a good chuckle
He gave a pretty good review of the game.
5D5994B9-484A-41E2-BEBA-3C0FBC0FB291.jpeg

Crankenstein

The good doctor.
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually quite excited. A bit bummed they added more colored folk but it makes sense for the setting. Hopefully we'll get a PC release.

• Autistic
Reactions: Ververg

rotollo

No Tomboy GF
kiwifarms.net
Just finished the game last night after messing with my saves and god it was such a good ride, still GOTY materal despite all the shit
I love how york's character is an obviously greener/younger guy in 2005 who can't contain his autism. It's much less flanderization and more just the difference that 5 years can make.
I love how no one tries to make excuses for what the clarksons did as well, because it would have been very easy for them to say "it was all the red tree that caused Lena to murder everyone" but instead they still get her to answer to the aftermath of her dumb plan. that being said I'm abit sad that a lot of the side characters arn't more involved with the story, but it does add incentive to exploring town in order to get a fuller picture of Le Carre. Which overall isn't exactly as memorable as greenvale but still good in it's own right. and hell, I had a shit ton of fun with the side activities like bowling and stone skipping, plus skateboarding was a welcome surprise on how well it controlled
The soundtrack was great but what do you expect when you ask the guy from Hotel Dusk to be lead composer for the new tracks, and it even used some of the old music very effectively like when York returns. also somehow being able to make life is beautiful both eerie and triumphant with use like that gets massive respect from me.
The story was great as well, I think the first game was more so about trauma and how one deals with it so with the second game they double down on the Zack is York twist and make the game all about identity and one's perception of it. every character has an aspect of themselves that they don't want to show. now that being said I think the story would suffer greatly if you didn't play the first game, in tv terms, its a season 2 to DP1's season 1.
And god that ending, like Zack's current state in the 2019 segments and patti as a character already hit home due to personal reasons, but as soon as chapter 3 starts the game goes off into badshit lunacy in a good way. like it just keeps upping the anti until it somehow gets one of the most intense ones in games not due to difficulty but just raw emotion. and then the post credits seen where its shows York somehow has IMS and that emily is still showing up as the fairy, what a great way to wrap up a character arc
Overall great experience, the pacing cou;d use some work especially in 2005 and the tech issues are self evident, but still the game is a worthy successor to the first one.
For a year that produced many games that feel like souless cash ins on an IP, DP2 is one of the few that feel like it came from the hip as something from the heart, and for that I have to thank Swery.

Last edited:

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just finished the game last night after messing with my saves and god it was such a good ride, still GOTY materal despite all the shit
I love how york's character is an obviously greener/younger guy in 2005 who can't contain his autism. It's much less flanderization and more just the difference that 5 years can make.
I love how no one tries to make excuses for what the clarksons did as well, because it would have been very easy for them to say "it was all the red tree that caused Lena to murder everyone" but instead they still get her to answer to the aftermath of her dumb plan. that being said I'm abit sad that a lot of the side characters arn't more involved with the story, but it does add incentive to exploring town in order to get a fuller picture of Le Carre. Which overall isn't exactly as memorable as greenvale but still good in it's own right. and hell, I had a shit ton of fun with the side activities like bowling and stone skipping, plus skateboarding was a welcome surprise on how well it controlled
The soundtrack was great but what do you expect when you ask the guy from Hotel Dusk to be lead composer for the new tracks, and it even used some of the old music very effectively like when York returns. also somehow being able to make life is beautiful both eerie and triumphant with use like that gets massive respect from me.
The story was great as well, I think the first game was more so about trauma and how one deals with it so with the second game they double down on the Zack is York twist and make the game all about identity and one's perception of it. every character has an aspect of themselves that they don't want to show. now that being said I think the story would suffer greatly if you didn't play the first game, in tv terms, its a season 2 to DP1's season 1.
And god that ending, like Zack's current state in the 2019 segments and patti as a character already hit home due to personal reasons, but as soon as chapter 3 starts the game goes off into badshit lunacy in a good way. like it just keeps upping the anti until it somehow gets one of the most intense ones in games not due to difficulty but just raw emotion. and then the post credits seen where its shows York somehow has IMS and that emily is still showing up as the fairy, what a great way to wrap up a character arc
Overall great experience, the pacing cou;d use some work especially in 2005 and the tech issues are self evident, but still the game is a worthy successor to the first one.
For a year that produced many games that feel like souless cash ins on an IP, DP2 is one of the few that feel like it came from the hip as something from the heart, and for that I have to thank Swery.
I liked the walking dialogue with Patti where she points out the hypocrisy of York being judgmental, and York responds by revealing he is fully and completely aware just how goofy and bizarre he is, but he still gets results.

rotollo

No Tomboy GF
kiwifarms.net
I liked the walking dialogue with Patti where she points out the hypocrisy of York being judgmental, and York responds by revealing he is fully and completely aware just how goofy and bizarre he is, but he still gets results.
Oh yeah Patti is great because it gives York the ability to be even more of a weirdo crazy man while having someone to call him out on his shit, it's something George and Emily were just never quite able to do as well in the first game.
I think it's just the contrast that of the two York is the more naive one despite Patti being the child in this situation

FatalTater

Fattest Among Thousands, Altogether Lethargic
kiwifarms.net
I had a bit of trouble with the plot. (Yeah I know what game this is, it still broke my brain) Red tree, the seeds, the Clarkson's weirdness... I can't seem to sort out the last 1/3 or so of things. I may watch a LP of it later to help sort out if it's the game or me that's causing confusion.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had a bit of trouble with the plot. (Yeah I know what game this is, it still broke my brain) Red tree, the seeds, the Clarkson's weirdness... I can't seem to sort out the last 1/3 or so of things. I may watch a LP of it later to help sort out if it's the game or me that's causing confusion.
How familiar are you with the original? Because a lot of the later game will make no sense without DP1 for context.

Tags
None