Dealing with the compromise -

stakenifes

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, for what it's worth... Check out VPN companies that have been independently audited. There's a few. All well and good to trust a company saying theres no/minimal data retention... Better if its someone else that's looked into their systems

Catastrophe-TM

The Bed Sheet Deity
kiwifarms.net
It is sometimes, yeah. I would recommend buying the full version if you plan to use it all the time. I only use it to browse the farms and some other sites, and it's fine to basically just read forums. It is noticeable if you plan to do anything requiring more bandwidth, though.
I'm kinda iffy on paying in general for a VPN, part of me always feels a little uneasy about it. Especially since with the breach it feels kinda pointless for most people on the list.

stakenifes

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm kinda iffy on paying in general for a VPN, part of me always feels a little uneasy about it. Especially since with the breach it feels kinda pointless for most people on the list.
What do ya mean? From what I can see from the breach, most people were exempt from being 'breached' specifically because of VPNs (and email providers). Not saying you're wrong, just wondering what you mean.

Catastrophe-TM

The Bed Sheet Deity
kiwifarms.net
What do ya mean? From what I can see from the breach, most people were exempt from being 'breached' specifically because of VPNs (and email providers). Not saying you're wrong, just wondering what you mean.
It's kinda me being iffy about my money and privacy I guess even though I've used burners and fake info; I discussed VPNs with a few others before, most say you should pay with bitcoin/crypto/whatever to stay safer and more anonymous since paying with real money is risky (and I don't like bitcoin/crypto). That, and if people didn't use a VPN before but suddenly switch to one now to stay on KF it feels pointless since the file is out.
Probably doesn't make much sense and I'm stupid for thinking this.

• Feels
Reactions: a feel

stakenifes

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's kinda me being iffy about my money and privacy I guess even though I've used burners and fake info; I discussed VPNs with a few others before, most say you should pay with bitcoin/crypto/whatever to stay safer and more anonymous since paying with real money is risky (and I don't like bitcoin/crypto). That, and if people didn't use a VPN before but suddenly switch to one now to stay on KF it feels pointless since the file is out.
Probably doesn't make much sense and I'm stupid for thinking this.
Yea a bit of your trust lies with the VPN provider once you pay for them, assuming you use a credit/debit card so you're right to be cautious in that regard, but unless youre doing something EXTREMELY illegal there's not much chance of your details being leaked (unless they're hackexd, but see: PSN, Xbox Live, etc). The providers are under no obligation to provide your details, and if they do there credibility is undermined. Crypto is def safer but can still be traced, with a lot more effort.

But what you can see from the KF hacks is most users are untraceable unless a heap of investigation work is done is done in to them specifically... Because they've used a vpn/proxy/tor.

Edit: didn't mean 'untraceable'... Just much, much more unikely to be traced unless you've done something like used the same username or email.

Last edited:

Autistador

Certified reeree
kiwifarms.net
Oh seems I'm in there. Never been happier for my VPN.
I don't remember doing much the day of the breach tho. Haven't read much of the thread but I'm guessing just being logged in was enough to earn your place on the list?

Reactions: Dork Of Ages

Bishtini

I got on the dox list and all I got was this name
kiwifarms.net
Oh seems I'm in there. Never been happier for my VPN.
I don't remember doing much the day of the breach tho. I'm guessing just being logged in was enough to earn your place on the list?
that does seem to be the case

welcome to the dox list club its pretty sweet

• Agree
Reactions: Dork Of Ages

Dingo

kiwifarms.net
Is there a way we can request our Lolcow email accounts to be deleted, I only used Lolcow to sign up to KF and I can no longer remember the password?

Posted from my KiwiBook.

Michele

Please... don't dox me... /s
kiwifarms.net
Bah... I'm in the list, but nothing has happened to me yet. Likely because I didn't browse as much yesterday or today unill now, so there is not much to be seen.

Then again... my email is very, very old and full of junk. I'm more surprised that some of the prominent peoples like Null and Gengar were leaked.

Gengar really should've started to pump his Hide move to the next level, if something important is there... for a Ghost and Poison type Pokemon.

But I can see that some things did legit happen to other peoples. So I am sorry to hear about it.

Angry Shoes

cold_take_generator.py
kiwifarms.net
At first I disagreed with the people in this thread who were against hosting the leak, but after mulling it over I think they're right. It would have been much safer to just post a list of usernames who got their info leaked instead of leaking all the info the the public. Hosting all that info on KF just makes it easier for people who hate us to fuck over our userbase.
A few pages back I asked if it would be hypocritical to host doxxes for cows but not for our users. It would. But it seems like every week or two some outside force is trying to fuck us over, shut the site down, or do other nefarious things to prevent us from having fun on the internet. I'm willing to be a bit of a hypocrite if it keeps the Farms safe and allows us to continue doing what we do.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino