Dealing with the compromise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker

there it is again, that funny feeling
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do not have a list but there were a few. You can see the deleted accounts talking to each other in the early pages of the thread requesting the hosting (just ignore the one that started the thread since we know who that belongs to).

One notable one that I do remember was Jesus Wept because he was so fucking annoying about it and even more vocal than Dyn. Then he came into the chat after the hosting to brag about how he had already been doxed by /cow/ years ago. Shortly following that his account was deleted and users were talking about how he was just doxed by Tommy Tooter of all people.

oh dear, how unfortunate. maybe people should be careful what they ask for.

or you know maybe don't be an idiot online and then have all of that linked to your rl shit. gj guys.

DrainRedRain

got busted at walmart
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
you know what they say about people who talk big all the time like they have something to prove.
everyone laughing and asking for the leak to be hosted was actually fucking scared as shit and trying to compensate with shitposts. if you truly had nothing to hide, you won't scream about hosting the leak and then deleting your account, but that's just me ofc

オウム 2

Aum
kiwifarms.net
I do not have a list but there were a few. You can see the deleted accounts talking to each other in the early pages of the thread requesting the hosting (just ignore the one that started the thread since we know who that belongs to).

One notable one that I do remember was Jesus Wept because he was so fucking annoying about it and even more vocal than Dyn. Then he came into the chat after the hosting to brag about how he had already been doxed by /cow/ years ago. Shortly following that his account was deleted and users were talking about how he was just doxed by Tommy Tooter of all people.

You can also still see their names in quoted posts:

Hmm.

totse

Not a spook, probably
kiwifarms.net
Nothing wrong with deleting your account every once in a while.
I consider it basic internet hygiene.

I agree, but I have an unfortunate attachment to my join date sometimes. I don't know why, it's kind of pointless. My Freenode account passed 10 years a while back and I didn't want to give that up even though I was thinking about a username change across the board. It's dumb.

Horribadger

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kiwifarms.net
So I was just uninstalling McAfee while reading this thread (never mind why I had it in the first place) and I got this-

1568492225009.png

Thanks McAfee

Also here's me now according to our neural network overlords

1568492281164.png

am i pretty guys

DrainRedRain

got busted at walmart
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lol, do you really think this is what I care about?

I just care about the way this is handled and an admin thinking it is okay to handle a breach like this. This time it's only minimal information but the day more sensitive info is shared then people will probably have less of a big dick approach to it. But it's alright. Apparently everyone is more concerned about muh optics and how good they look instead of realizing that an admin is willingly going to create a sticky about user information.

I'm more disappointed in Null letting this happen, than the content of this breach. That's all.

its posts like this one that make me throw hands and seriously think this site is formed by at least 97% of people who have some serious shit going on in their real life and are too naïve to actively try to hide it.
i will repeat again: IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, THERE'S NO REASON TO SHIT YOUR PANTS. the only reason i can see someone deleting is because they were a dumb fuck who signed up with real info AND have something to hide/protect (like a job). otherwise, this is a pathetic move.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Before anyone tags this as dumb, I’m kind of not joking. I’m not technical. I have no idea what most of this thread meant.
Your information ties you to your province in Canada and nothing more. You are very special in not having an email address on your account.

its posts like this one that make me throw hands and seriously think this site is formed by at least 97% of people who have some serious shit going on in their real life and are too naïve to actively try to hide it.
i will repeat again: IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, THERE'S NO REASON TO SHIT YOUR PANTS. the only reason i can see someone deleting is because they were a dumb fuck who signed up with real info AND have something to hide/protect (like a job). otherwise, this is a pathetic move.
He left because he was disgusted by the community reaction, as you are, not because he's a hypocrite.

Last edited:

DrainRedRain

got busted at walmart
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He left because he was disgusted by the community reaction, as you are, not because he's a hypocrite.

tbh i don't even know who this person is, i just read this post and quoted it.
i just think people are overreacting in a completely unecessary way. things like this happens. it happened with tumblr. it will happen again. i just don't see the appeal of getting on a high horse and shit talk a site they used everyday. not talking about this specific user, but a lot of people are acting this way and it's baffling.

Lurker

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
tbh i don't even know who this person is, i just read this post and quoted it.
i just think people are overreacting in a completely unecessary way. things like this happens. it happened with tumblr. it will happen again. i just don't see the appeal of getting on a high horse and shit talk a site they used everyday. not talking about this specific user, but a lot of people are acting this way and it's baffling.

i have a feeling that they're more rattled than anything. so far we've been taking advantage of the fact that null has kept our information safe, and maybe some people got complacent. i bet that some of the people who left over this will end up coming back after thinking things over.

i don't necessarily agree with what null chose to do initially by hosting the leaks, but at the same time i recognize that eventually that information would have gotten out anyway.

Quetzalcoatl

constant state of weariness
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll be honest, even though my username is on the list I'm not bothered. I should use my VPN more so maybe after this I'll exclusively come on KF with my VPN. Otherwise it's just business as usual for me.
To be honest, this is nothing to lose sleep for unless you live in the UK, as per stated in multiple posts.

DrainRedRain

got busted at walmart
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
but at the same time i recognize that eventually that information would have gotten out anyway.

yeah, i talked about this a lot. also, the leak being hosted really showed how good we can take our own medicine (spoiler: very poorly apparently)
i know some bad decisions were made and all that, but i don't think shit talk the site is right. maybe it's just me, but i'm kinda ''loyal'' to things i like/do, and i spend a lot of time here, i just can't look at this place and be ''lol bye faggots''.

i'm not saying it was the case about the user i quoted, but just look at this thread. lots of people accusing and pointing fingers when they didn't even give better ideas on how to handle leaks like this.

Lurker

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
yeah, i talked about this a lot. also, the leak being hosted really showed how good we can take our own medicine (spoiler: very poorly apparently)
i know some bad decisions were made and all that, but i don't think shit talk the site is right. maybe it's just me, but i'm kinda ''loyal'' to things i like/do, and i spend a lot of time here, i just can't look at this place and be ''lol bye faggots''.

i'm not saying it was the case about the user i quoted, but just look at this thread. lots of people accusing and pointing fingers when they didn't even give better ideas on how to handle leaks like this.

i'm not that surprised, tbh. if people were truly comfortable saying the things they say on this forum, they'd say it under their real names. i realize that due to the nature of this forum that it's a bit hypocritical to be upset if your info gets leaked, but eh... i can understand the anger and the distrust of null on their part. if shittalking is all they're gonna do, let 'em.

leaks happen. people can try their hardest to keep their information safe, but sometimes shit just happens.

E

ES 195

kiwifarms.net
i'm not that surprised, tbh. if people were truly comfortable saying the things they say on this forum, they'd say it under their real names. i realize that due to the nature of this forum that it's a bit hypocritical to be upset if your info gets leaked, but eh... i can understand the anger and the distrust of null on their part. if shittalking is all they're gonna do, let 'em.

leaks happen. people can try their hardest to keep their information safe, but sometimes shit just happens.
I'd say what I say here under my real name no problem. It's just a strong social faux-pas to do so here. I'd rather have some troon furry dig up my dox than give it to them though, fuckers gotta earn it.

Also I'm less worried about people calling up my work and telling them I say the n-word online than I am about actual identity theft. I had my use everywhere (except for finances thankfully) password and email stolen, and it's a serious pain.

Yes I use a new password on every site now, I might be a retard but at least I learn...most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrainRedRain

got busted at walmart
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd say what I say here under my real no no problem.

i'm like this too, i have no problem stating my opinions irl. i'm not even that controversial of an user to begin with, most people here can see when i'm shitposting. actually, my life is so mundane and boring, i doubt angry furries or troons would be entertained. as for my work, they couldn't give less of a fuck about what i say online, the only thing that matters for them is that i keep bringing results and showing on time.

i know we should be careful with personal info like credit card numbers and business emails and all, but these are a lot more difficult to get if you're not a complete spazz and put it on public forums etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.