Death Battle / Death Battle Cast / DBX / Desk Of Death Battle - Testing weapons, armor, and skills on the Internet.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
I don't like them because they are casual normie autism, true autistic gentlemen use this website https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/VS_Battles_Wiki to know which non-existent character beats another non-existent character.

Just check the calculations and how seriously they take on the might of Popeye https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Popeye
I'm just surprised nobody made a page on Death Battle yet. You think the vs community in general is thread worthy, even though DB is probably one of the biggest names in it, if not the biggest?

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
I remember passively watching them until they got to Optimus Prime vs the RX-78-2 Gundam and Prime wins...because he blasts Amuro/Gundam with the Matrix.

Uh, no, the Matrix doesn't work like that because it's not a fucking weapon. Sure, it blew up Unicron, but it wasn't because it was some kind of energy bomb (even though, ironically, the Matrix of Leadership is based on a hydrogen bomb). The RX-78-2, meanwhile, has a gun that can blow up massive battleships in one shot, giant beam swords, a bunch of other bullshit (super napalm, a flail mace, 60mm vulcans, and is also three times Prime's height) , and on top of that, Amuro has psychic powers and hyperawareness as a newtype where he can almost predict enemy movement before it happens. Because space evolution. And Prime nearly died in the original cartoon from a minor explosion, he didn't stand a chance.

I stopped watching after that, though really I think the breaking point was Venom vs Bane. Like, who the actual fuck thought Bane ever stood a chance against an alien parasite?

Credit where it's due, though, I did sit through one of their 'podcasts' where they suggested that Dora the Explorer could kick Superman's ass because she has the power to hold stars. If taken literally, that means Dora is a literal god and I find that greatly amusing.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: ManateeHunter

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Used to watch it as mindless entertainment where they'd go over the history/abilities/etc for characters, then show a flashy fight. Stupid as shit, but fine nonetheless. That said, these guys have the loosest fucking rules on earth, forget/ignore way too fucking much, and just generally asspull shit out of nowhere. After a while, shit was too fucking egregious for me to not be bothered about it.

Side note, OP, how could you leave out the autism that was the "live action" DB they had.

• DRINK!
Reactions: ManateeHunter

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
Used to watch it as mindless entertainment where they'd go over the history/abilities/etc for characters, then show a flashy fight. Stupid as shit, but fine nonetheless. That said, these guys have the loosest fucking rules on earth, forget/ignore way too fucking much, and just generally asspull shit out of nowhere. After a while, shit was too fucking egregious for me to not be bothered about it.

Side note, OP, how could you leave out the autism that was the "live action" DB they had.
Didn't think of including it when I was writing it. You think I should?

ManateeHunter

COOOOOOOOOOM
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The worst part of this series is the soundtrack. I have no idea who they hire for the songs, but they're so goddamn cringey I feel embarrassed just by listening to these.
I remember passively watching them until they got to Optimus Prime vs the RX-78-2 Gundam and Prime wins...because he blasts Amuro/Gundam with the Matrix.

Uh, no, the Matrix doesn't work like that because it's not a fucking weapon. Sure, it blew up Unicron, but it wasn't because it was some kind of energy bomb (even though, ironically, the Matrix of Leadership is based on a hydrogen bomb). The RX-78-2, meanwhile, has a gun that can blow up massive battleships in one shot, giant beam swords, a bunch of other bullshit (super napalm, a flail mace, 60mm vulcans, and is also three times Prime's height) , and on top of that, Amuro has psychic powers and hyperawareness as a newtype where he can almost predict enemy movement before it happens. Because space evolution. And Prime nearly died in the original cartoon from a minor explosion, he didn't stand a chance.
The problem is, while Amuro may be a powerful pilot, the RX-78-2 just couldn't keep up with his ludricously evolving pilot skills. Also, you have to keep in mind that Amuro always aims to kill, and usually hits the weak points (generators) with the rifle. I stand by the fact that Gundam is only as good as its stats, and while I sadly haven't followed Transformers very much, I highly doubt it could beat Prime in his… er, prime.

And for Christ's sake, the whole Char's Zaku being 3x faster than a regular Zaku has been established as Char's Zaku being 30% faster than the regular type, thus being able to chase the fleeing White Base 3x faster! JFC stop fucking that up!!

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
The worst part of this series is the soundtrack. I have no idea who they hire for the songs, but they're so goddamn cringey I feel embarrassed just by listening to these.

The problem is, while Amuro may be a powerful pilot, the RX-78-2 just couldn't keep up with his ludricously evolving pilot skills. Also, you have to keep in mind that Amuro always aims to kill, and usually hits the weak points (generators) with the rifle. I stand by the fact that Gundam is only as good as its stats, and while I sadly haven't followed Transformers very much, I highly doubt it could beat Prime in his… er, prime.

And for Christ's sake, the whole Char's Zaku being 3x faster than a regular Zaku has been established as Char's Zaku being 30% faster than the regular type, thus being able to chase the fleeing White Base 3x faster! JFC stop fucking that up!!
I’m just surprised someone talking Transformers on YouTube had the restraint to not bash the Michael Bay films.

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
The true site and grand daddy of 'vs battles' is still the WWWF Grudge Match for it's very unconventional match scenarios and is truly being the place "where useless knowledge breeds champions." With the current site only an archive, it is avoiding current day autism as the creators stopped when the going is good.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
The true site and grand daddy of 'vs battles' is still the WWWF Grudge Match for it's very unconventional match scenarios and is truly being the place "where useless knowledge breeds champions." With the current site only an archive, it is avoiding current day autism as the creators stopped when the going is good.
Good for them. I still don’t think vs debating will ever die. When DB bows out, something is bound to take its place.

Tism the Return

your favorite 60 years old Mega Man boss
kiwifarms.net
I'm just surprised nobody made a page on Death Battle yet. You think the vs community in general is thread worthy, even though DB is probably one of the biggest names in it, if not the biggest?
VS community in general has tons of potential for a thread considering they're by their nature glorified make-believe dick-measuring contests and whoever loses consistently is bound to sperg the fuck out.
For example the Outskirts Battledome wiki used to catalogue all of the spergouts in the OBD but it was eventually lost since faggots couldn't handle getting roasted by pretend-channers. Then the OBD itself became awful and lost what made it "respected" in the sphere back in the mid 2000's.

God so much of Death Battle is garbage cause many of their fights gave clear advantages to one character by underestimating the abilities of the other.

It doesn't help that speds justify why their characters are great because of these or throw tantrums that their favorite character didn't win like when Superman beat Goku or Mario beat Sonic.
The Tifa vs Yang fight is the poorly researched thing in a nutshell, especially when the dipshits took Yang from the unaired Volume 3 of RWBY and just made an ass-ton of assumptions.

The shilling at the end didn't help in the slightest.

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
The Tifa vs Yang fight is the poorly researched thing in a nutshell, especially when the dipshits took Yang from the unaired Volume 3 of RWBY and just made an ass-ton of assumptions.

The shilling at the end didn't help in the slightest.
From what Ben said about it, that shilling of volume 3 was a RT mandate. Aside from that, no restrictions

Random Internet Person

Chopper’s doctoring!
kiwifarms.net
  • Informative
Reactions: Tism the Return

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net

I stopped watching after that, though really I think the breaking point was Venom vs Bane. Like, who the actual fuck thought Bane ever stood a chance against an alien parasite?

Credit where it's due, though, I did sit through one of their 'podcasts' where they suggested that Dora the Explorer could kick Superman's ass because she has the power to hold stars. If taken literally, that means Dora is a literal god and I find that greatly amusing.
Gonna preface this by saying that I actually enjoy Death Battle somewhat for two reasons; First being exposure of characters and the other being the raw charm. I have a lot of problems with the way the show is run and Wiz and Boomstick are pretty annoying at their worst, but the fun thing about the two of them is that they still clearly enjoy doing this if you watch their podcasts and I have a ton of respect for that. As for the exposure, I just enjoy seeing my favorite and least favorite nerd characters being talked about in any capacity. Sure I can sperg about what they get wrong, whatever, but I also don't really care at the end of the day so in the end I'm left with just some goofy nonsense that tickles my brain in all the right, albiet dumb, ways.

That being said, my biggest problem with Death Battle is the way they handle their match-ups, and Optimus vs Gundam is just one of the many examples of what it is. I hate their supposed need to compartmentalize characters and wank off feats. I hate the former because it gives characters unfair advantages in a lot of circumstances that are inconsistent with what would be their "base" abilities. (Optimus, Green Lanturn, Mario, just to name a few.) and I hate the latter because of the inherit exaggeration of fantasy and fiction. Often times Death Battle just looks at who has the bigger number and assumes it's a done-deal but rarely do they take into consideration the actual fundamentals of a fight. (And lo and behold, one of the few times they did, TJ Combo vs Balrog, ended up being one of the most universally praised episodes of the series.)

Also I hate that Death Battle does nothing to curb the "power levels" debate that runs rampant online because shit gets old really fast and I'm tired of people telling me that Naruto has more power nuggets than One Punch Man because moon powers or some shit.

Tags
None