Death Battle - Analyzing weapons, armor, and skills on the Internet since 2010.

King Ghidorah

kiwifarms.net
I've said it before and I'll say it again that death battle is not a credible source for a conclusive vs debate if you really want that consult any hundreds of nerd shit forums online

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Wait, why is Shadow fighting Ryuko? Usually they set up the combatants based off of a similar theme/set of feats. What the fuck do these two even have in common?

Hooligan Handgun

kiwifarms.net
Wait, why is Shadow fighting Ryuko? Usually they set up the combatants based off of a similar theme/set of feats. What the fuck do these two even have in common?

According to the Death Battle wiki:

The connections between Shadow and Ryūko is that both are powerful anti-heroes that sport a black and red palette while also having similar backstories primarily based on vengeance over losing a close friend/parent (Maria Robotnik and Isshin Matoi respectively) and are genetically half-alien as well as the biological offsprings of the main villains of their story (Black Doom and Ragyo Kiryūin, respectively). Both also receive increased powers via extraordinary sources (The Chaos Emeralds and The Life Fiber Senketsu respectively) and both are noted for having short tempers. They also have origins involved in a lab experiment (Shadow was created to be the ultimate lifeform by Gerald Robotnik, while Ryuko’s mother attempted to fuse her with life fibers as an infant) and both initially start out as enemies to a blue colored rival with a similar powerset (Sonic the Hedgehog and Satsuki Kiryūin, respectively) before eventually teaming up with them. Additionally, both also have a super form involving them glowing a golden color (Super Shadow and Kisaragi, respectively). Furthermore, the climaxes of both their stories involve them falling from space after a battle in the aforementioned golden super form.

It's been a while since I watched Kill la Kill, was she even that edgy?

Color scheme/edge jokes that were never funny in the first place?
Not really? Also, there's the comparison part where they also learned to realize they have friends they appreciate and value more than anything and will totally go to bat in the name of defending themselves once you get past the edge (Shadow as Rouge and E-123 Omega, Ryuko has Mako and Senketsu) and people they learn to...at least tolerate (Shadow has Sonic and his crew, Ryuko has Mikisugi, her teacher.)
I've said it before and I'll say it again that death battle is not a credible source for a conclusive vs debate if you really want that consult any hundreds of nerd shit forums online
I'm not sure DB has ever considered themselves a credible source for a vs debate. Or even a source for that matter. They were just the first time (to my knowledge) someone took Deadliest Warrior's method of actually looking at shit to determine the answer to the question "who'd win in a fight between these fuckers?" and applying it to fictional characters instead of showing off their animation skills. DB just had something that set it apart from the crowd...and the backing of a major website to go with it.

According to the Death Battle wiki:
The connections between Shadow and Ryūko is that both are powerful anti-heroes that sport a black and red palette while also having similar backstories primarily based on vengeance over losing a close friend/parent (Maria Robotnik and Isshin Matoi respectively) and are genetically half-alien as well as the biological offsprings of the main villains of their story (Black Doom and Ragyo Kiryūin, respectively). Both also receive increased powers via extraordinary sources (The Chaos Emeralds and The Life Fiber Senketsu respectively) and both are noted for having short tempers. They also have origins involved in a lab experiment (Shadow was created to be the ultimate lifeform by Gerald Robotnik, while Ryuko’s mother attempted to fuse her with life fibers as an infant) and both initially start out as enemies to a blue colored rival with a similar powerset (Sonic the Hedgehog and Satsuki Kiryūin, respectively) before eventually teaming up with them. Additionally, both also have a super form involving them glowing a golden color (Super Shadow and Kisaragi, respectively). Furthermore, the climaxes of both their stories involve them falling from space after a battle in the aforementioned golden super form.

There's also this:

Hooligan Handgun

kiwifarms.net
95E0B4C1-6191-4CEC-A004-24EF9740F387.jpeg

Brave words coming for a bunch of people that earn their living by massacreing Asian content.

It's gonna be darky hilarious if Shadow beats Ryuko next week after that.

Bonus points if the win includes him shooting her
If this statement culminates in cutting down how many anime characters are used for as long as this is pushed....that may be either sad or making a statement. But still, money (and YouTube views) talks, bullshit walks.

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net
Got the link. They do premieres. Watch at your leisure.

Death Battle is frustrating because I never have any idea what the consistent through-line for their reasonings are. .

If we wanted to use the whole "how a fight would actually play out" shtick, Shadow wouldn't have lost any of his fights on Death Battle since he could have just teleported his opponents into space or something and called it a day.

They basically do that here, except the two fight anyways. It amounts to "Oh there's no contest because Shadow could end the fight in a second any time but also they have a serious fight somehow anyways in our death scenarios."

This is why the best Death Battles are the one's where comatants are equally matched and in-character: That analysis actually makes the match-up interesting because the little details are the things that help decide.

When it's a wash because one character has the bigger TNT feat, it completely sucks out anything that was cool about the character to begin with.