Death Battle - Analyzing weapons, armor, and skills on the Internet since 2010.

Jazz never died!

I didn't choose the cuck life, it chose me.
kiwifarms.net
Its a retarded show that led to retarted fanfics worst than the actual show. Most of the pairing would realisticly never happen because both sides would end up working together if it was real. The worst one is the Sam Fisher vs Solid Snake episode and them saying that Sam Fisher is worst than Solid Snake because he got hacked, exposed, and doesn't know CQC. Despite Solid Snake getting exposed worst than Sam to the point he had to fake his own death, every video game he starred in he always ended up being used by hacking his nanomachines or his superiors having a agenda not visible to Snake until the end. Snake is great at cqc but gets his ass kicked by the people who invented the technique. Sam on the other hand got manipulated by players outside of his perspective to keep his daughter safe. Splinter Cell did CQC first and Metal Gear Solid 3 copied and improved on it and Splinter Cell Conviction took that and streamlined it as inspiration for Phantom Pain and Sam never got his ass kicked the opposite he is a one man army. He never got exposed to the point he had to fake his death.
If Kojima and Ubi ever did a crossover they would have been working side by side as equals as evident by the numerous references and the scene where Sam mourns the end of Metal Gear as a franchise.

Its a retarded show that led to retarted fanfics worst than the actual show. Most of the pairing would realisticly never happen because both sides would end up working together if it was real.
I’m pretty sure most people who watch shows like Death Battle know that’s the case for about 95% of the episodes that they do. That’s probably why they do that pre fight banter (for lack of a better word) before they actually throw down.

Jazz never died!

I didn't choose the cuck life, it chose me.
kiwifarms.net
I’m pretty sure most people who watch shows like Death Battle know that’s the case for about 95% of the episodes that they do. That’s probably why they do that pre fight banter (for lack of a better word) before they actually throw down.
Ignoring that its a trope from fighting games i just hate that show finding it retarded being the most autistic thing that geeks and nerds ever made.

Hooligan Handgun

kiwifarms.net
Just got through the episode, and it was great. Its main issues are in the analyses, like an unfunny anti-establishment joke about a villain called the White Man. There’s also some really weird one-off lines where the hosts say one of Iron Fist’s feats, “absorbing a train that had enough explosives to make Hiroshima look like a sparkler,” had an “insensitive analogy” and was “not tactfully described.” I’m guessing the guy who wrote this episode hasn’t seen the earlier episodes of this series, which have plenty of those as jokes from the hosts themselves.

As for the good parts, the characters’ analyses are pretty decent aside from what I mentioned above. They helped me learn a lot about these characters who I didn’t really know much about despite liking them a lot. As is expected, the main highlight of this episode is the animation. The guy who voiced Po did a great job, though his inflection made me think he sounded more like Owen from Total Drama. The voice actor for Iron Fist also did a good job portraying him, though I can’t really say much else about him since all I know about Iron Fist comes from Ultimate Spider-Man and some MVC3 I’ve played.

The fight itself is really fast-paced, and it does a great job showing off both characters’ personalities and abilities. We get to see Po fanboying over Iron Fist’s different powers and using his weight to his advantage, both showing off a decent number of techniques, and it feels really entertaining watching them counter what the other is using. The best scene that shows this off is when they take the fight to the spirit realm. From there we get to see shit like Danny holding his own against Po despite being blinded by the Golden Lotus Clap and the two creating dragons out of their own chi during the final clash. The earlier fight with the bamboo sticks also does a great job at highlighting Po’s more unpredictable nature by having him gnaw on Iron Fist’s stick to give himself an edge and tickling Danny’s nose to set him up for a Wuxi Finger Hold. I’ll also give the fight bonus points since unlike the analyses, it got a few chuckles out of me. Scenes like Po falling down the temple’s stairs, the awkward interaction when Po initially traps Danny in the Wuxi Finger Hold, and Po getting frustrated with how Fist kept finding ways to avoid it were easily the highlights in terms of comedy. The little references they had to the movies, like the aforementioned stairs scene and Po focusing himself by envisioning Danny as a dumpling, were also a nice touch.

But as I said before, the best part of this is when they enter the spirit realm. Aside from what I already mentioned, we get some amazing hand-drawn shots of Iron Fist turning into a skeleton and their respective chi dragons clashing against each other. The final struggle between them is especially great, though the finishing blow is where the fight’s fast pace becomes more a weakness than anything else. After some great build-up during the final clash, Po just sorta flies through Danny and disintegrates him before teleporting back to the world of the living. I get the show has a limited budget, but they could’ve at least given the kill a bit longer to sink in.

I’ve also got some slight nitpicks with the animation. First off, why wasn’t this hand-drawn instead of 2D? The shots of Iron Fist and the chi dragons show that the art style would’ve been perfect for an episode like this. It doesn’t help that since they stuck to sprite animation, there are some parts where Po’s expressions look a bit weird, like his mouth is animated larger than his muzzle, and there are some parts his eyes just look... off. However, even with my complaints, I give the episode an 8.5/10.

As for next time, it’s Steven Universe vs Star Butterfly, another case where I don’t care for either series but am fully awaiting a shitstorm from salty SU fans.

Just got through the episode, and it was great. Its main issues are in the analyses, like an unfunny anti-establishment joke about a villain called the White Man. There’s also some really weird one-off lines where the hosts say one of Iron Fist’s feats, “absorbing a train that had enough explosives to make Hiroshima look like a sparkler,” had an “insensitive analogy” and was “not tactfully described.” I’m guessing the guy who wrote this episode hasn’t seen the earlier episodes of this series, which have plenty of those as jokes from the hosts themselves.

As for the good parts, the characters’ analyses are pretty decent aside from what I mentioned above. They helped me learn a lot about these characters who I didn’t really know much about despite liking them a lot. As is expected, the main highlight of this episode is the animation. The guy who voiced Po did a great job, though his inflection made me think he sounded more like Owen from Total Drama. The voice actor for Iron Fist also did a good job portraying him, though I can’t really say much else about him since all I know about Iron Fist comes from Ultimate Spider-Man and some MVC3 I’ve played.

The fight itself is really fast-paced, and it does a great job showing off both characters’ personalities and abilities. We get to see Po fanboying over Iron Fist’s different powers and using his weight to his advantage, both showing off a decent number of techniques, and it feels really entertaining watching them counter what the other is using. The best scene that shows this off is when they take the fight to the spirit realm. From there we get to see shit like Danny holding his own against Po despite being blinded by the Golden Lotus Clap and the two creating dragons out of their own chi during the final clash. The earlier fight with the bamboo sticks also does a great job at highlighting Po’s more unpredictable nature by having him gnaw on Iron Fist’s stick to give himself an edge and tickling Danny’s nose to set him up for a Wuxi Finger Hold. I’ll also give the fight bonus points since unlike the analyses, it got a few chuckles out of me. Scenes like Po falling down the temple’s stairs, the awkward interaction when Po initially traps Danny in the Wuxi Finger Hold, and Po getting frustrated with how Fist kept finding ways to avoid it were easily the highlights in terms of comedy. The little references they had to the movies, like the aforementioned stairs scene and Po focusing himself by envisioning Danny as a dumpling, were also a nice touch.

But as I said before, the best part of this is when they enter the spirit realm. Aside from what I already mentioned, we get some amazing hand-drawn shots of Iron Fist turning into a skeleton and their respective chi dragons clashing against each other. The final struggle between them is especially great, though the finishing blow is where the fight’s fast pace becomes more a weakness than anything else. After some great build-up during the final clash, Po just sorta flies through Danny and disintegrates him before teleporting back to the world of the living. I get the show has a limited budget, but they could’ve at least given the kill a bit longer to sink in.

I’ve also got some slight nitpicks with the animation. First off, why wasn’t this hand-drawn instead of 2D? The shots of Iron Fist and the chi dragons show that the art style would’ve been perfect for an episode like this. It doesn’t help that since they stuck to sprite animation, there are some parts where Po’s expressions look a bit weird, like his mouth is animated larger than his muzzle, and there are some parts his eyes just look... off. However, even with my complaints, I give the episode an 8.5/10.

As for next time, it’s Steven Universe vs Star Butterfly, another case where I don’t care for either series but am fully awaiting a shitstorm from salty SU fans.
I agree, it was one of the best they have done in a while and I loved that they kept Po being Po, I legit laughed at Po eating the Bamboo because..that is Po.

I wanna rewatch all 3 Kung Fu Panda movies now, and I am sad that Danny Rand didn't get a proper showing because The Netflix Live Action Marvel stuff was exceptionally fucking awful (except Season 1 of Daredevil)

TheClorax

Absolute Madlad
kiwifarms.net
Remember when DB was going to do Ditto v Kirby but then quit the second they actually looked into Kirby lore and realized what an utter stomp that’d be?
Steven v Star is like Ditto v Kirby, but they actually kept going with it.

Foolish Samurai Warrior

ASHI LIVES!
kiwifarms.net
Its a retarded show that led to retarted fanfics worst than the actual show. Most of the pairing would realisticly never happen because both sides would end up working together if it was real. The worst one is the Sam Fisher vs Solid Snake episode and them saying that Sam Fisher is worst than Solid Snake because he got hacked, exposed, and doesn't know CQC. Despite Solid Snake getting exposed worst than Sam to the point he had to fake his own death, every video game he starred in he always ended up being used by hacking his nanomachines or his superiors having a agenda not visible to Snake until the end. Snake is great at cqc but gets his ass kicked by the people who invented the technique. Sam on the other hand got manipulated by players outside of his perspective to keep his daughter safe. Splinter Cell did CQC first and Metal Gear Solid 3 copied and improved on it and Splinter Cell Conviction took that and streamlined it as inspiration for Phantom Pain and Sam never got his ass kicked the opposite he is a one man army. He never got exposed to the point he had to fake his death.
You can say all that, but it doesn't matter when Snake fought against a cyborg ninja and won.