Death Battle - Analyzing weapons, armor, and skills on the Internet since 2010.

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
They're redoing Cloud VS Link, so there's gonna be precedent for redo's soon.
Oh? Are they now? I remember hating that one particularly because they highlighted Cloud having a status ailment preventing Ribbon, then completely ignore it when Link stuns him, and then there was the Z-Targeting horse shit.

They're redoing Cloud VS Link, so there's gonna be precedent for redo's soon.
. They’ve already done hard redos.
Oh? Are they now? I remember hating that one particularly because they highlighted Cloud having a status ailment preventing Ribbon, then completely ignore it when Link stuns him, and then there was the Z-Targeting horse shit.
Well, the thing about it is that they just had to only go with things that were iconic or in their fighting games like Smash and Dissidia because as RPG characters, they could have pretty much anything.

Honestly, the more interesting thing is how they’ll use Link because you could do composite or use a certain incarnation from a certain game and that could lead to accusations of underselling…and even then, his Arsenal is customizable outside of the Master Sword and his shield. And the Triforce of Courage.

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
. They’ve already done hard redos.

Well, the thing about it is that they just had to only go with things that were iconic or in their fighting games like Smash and Dissidia because as RPG characters, they could have pretty much anything.

Honestly, the more interesting thing is how they’ll use Link because you could do composite or use a certain incarnation from a certain game and that could lead to accusations of underselling…and even then, his Arsenal is customizable outside of the Master Sword and his shield. And the Triforce of Courage.
Kind of nuts how much each character's progressed since that previous DB. BOTW Link alone changes the game completely.

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
kiwifarms.net
the real problem with going by "Game Mechanics" rules is that FF7 has some really obscene cheese if you build Right.

You can effectively Set up cloud to counter attack every attack with an Omni-Slash that heals him with each hit.

The Lawgiver

ayo-in1X/XX/21THE LONGER THE ICON OF SIN IS ON EAR
kiwifarms.net
I've noticed a long time ago that with these It's extremely predictable who's going to win from just the title and a character's popularity at the time. They also tend to give one character more OP powers and shit that in the base series isn't a frequent mainstay ability, or just completely fucking ignores the one they want to lose's abilities. If anyone didn't notice this shit by the time they made "Starscream vs. rainbow dash" I don't know what the fuck to tell you. A giant robot that could literally just step on the horse and win instantly. A fucking giant robot dude with an indestructible soul that took over people by going into them after he's died several times "dies" by having the fucking pony eating his ghost. That's not even touching the mishandling of how his abilities work. During the timeframe Bronies were a big thing they cranked out a bunch of Death Battles like this. I'd be fine if it was just like the fight animations most of the time though those are kinda fucking jank themselves at times, but even then the stretchy ass nonsensical misinterpretations of basic abilities sours those at times. This shits been a running constant throughout the now almost a decade or actual decade of death battle shit though it doesn't feel like that long jesus fuck.

Kiryu DIO

Be exceptional, do drugs and shit, praise DIO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've noticed a long time ago that with these It's extremely predictable who's going to win from just the title and a character's popularity at the time. They also tend to give one character more OP powers and shit that in the base series isn't a frequent mainstay ability, or just completely fucking ignores the one they want to lose's abilities. If anyone didn't notice this shit by the time they made "Starscream vs. rainbow dash" I don't know what the fuck to tell you. A giant robot that could literally just step on the horse and win instantly. A fucking giant robot dude with an indestructible soul that took over people by going into them after he's died several times "dies" by having the fucking pony eating his ghost. That's not even touching the mishandling of how his abilities work. During the timeframe Bronies were a big thing they cranked out a bunch of Death Battles like this. I'd be fine if it was just like the fight animations most of the time though those are kinda fucking jank themselves at times, but even then the stretchy ass nonsensical misinterpretations of basic abilities sours those at times. This shits been a running constant throughout the now almost a decade or actual decade of death battle shit though it doesn't feel like that long jesus fuck.
The Starscream VS Rainbow Dash Death Battle was Brony propaganda, I'm telling you! :story:

The Lawgiver

ayo-in1X/XX/21THE LONGER THE ICON OF SIN IS ON EAR
kiwifarms.net
The Starscream VS Rainbow Dash Death Battle was Brony propaganda, I'm telling you! :story:
I fucking remember the posts like that from back then , It was literally by the kind of people that didn't understand how bullshit the outcomes could be at times and only focused on the horse show popularity spike shit.

Last edited:

I fucking remember the posts like that from back then , It was literally by the kind of people that didn't understad how bullshit the outcomes could be at times and only focused on the horse show popularity spike shit.
The other thing was that during the time shit like this was being done.

The DB crew even said that StarScream vs Rainbow Dash was just going to be a joke until they actually dove into Rainbow Dash and her abilities...and realized what was possible.

But don't feel too bad: A pony HAS lost.