Death Battle - Analyzing weapons, armor, and skills on the Internet since 2010.

Doctor of Autism

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
DIO has vampire powers and can stop time, Alucard has super vampire powers and can summon armies.

The only way Dio would have a chance is if they put the World Over Heaven stuff in there, which was only shown in a game and could only be achieved through very specific circumstances.

I mean, in Part 3 Dio was defeated by a very strong punch that blew him up. If you punched Alucard like that he would simply laugh and eat you alive with a giant hell hound.
With how Death Battle likes to pull shit from so many different sources, I won't be surprised if they put in the World Over Heaven stuff, but holy fuck if they don't then how is this fight even balanced since Alucard could just steamroll Dio so easily.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
As OP as Dio is with his vampire bullshit and the World, Alucard is literally unkillable unless you kill the entire army he's consumed. I honestly don't see Dio being remotely capable of killing that many people (plus the special units he killed throughout Hellsing) before Alucard lands a killing blow.

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
With how Death Battle likes to pull shit from so many different sources, I won't be surprised if they put in the World Over Heaven stuff, but holy fuck if they don't then how is this fight even balanced since Alucard could just steamroll Dio so easily.
With Jotaro they denied him any of the over heaven stuff due to it actively going against canon, as it broke the rule of using side material so long as it doesn't contradict the original source. I'd expect the same due to the same rule being applied.

"Season 10" has been claimed to be popular matchup requests they had yet to do. Most matchups aren't close and they tend to focus more on character similarities over power, as power is much harder to predict before doing research.

Xolanite

The edge consumes all.
kiwifarms.net
I wonder what Death Battle will get wrong this time (Re: DIO vs. Alucard)

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
What they'll do bad with DIO though is just shout overused and dated memes.
You know the memes are dated when you don't even remember the times the memes were fresh.

Most matchups aren't close and they tend to focus more on character similarities over power, as power is much harder to predict before doing research.
I feel most fans and people who make requests don't actually realize that.

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
I feel most fans and people who make requests don't actually realize that.
It's mainly because of how different series have vastly different levels of power scaling. In Dan Vs Hercule they mention that while they're both equal jokes in context of the rest of their casts, the difference in power between just them is large.

Most vs debates are based on things around their power (like personality, character history and relations and their real world relevance) because untill you do the research, you won't know the power of a character outside of their world. Plus it's more interesting (on paper) to see how different powersets, on similar types of characters, interact.

Also most match ups are requested by people who have only a surface level understanding of the characters.

Last edited:

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
Spoilers for the ending already on YouTube. Prepare for salt.

Edit: I was trying to find the sneak peek and the fight's ending was much easier to find.

Scavenger

I search for things.
kiwifarms.net
So they now contradict jotaro Vs kenshiro by claiming that steel chariot is 15000 times faster than light despite using the same moment to disprove FTL star platinum, the death of hanged man.
salt aside atleast they noticed that blurrying movment looks like utter ass. (ive noticed previous fights used that)
and sticked to the anime frame rate esk movment. It kinda works with the sprite animations since sprites moving like that were born out of a limitation

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
salt aside atleast they noticed that blurrying movment looks like utter ass. (ive noticed previous fights used that)
and sticked to the anime frame rate esk movment. It kinda works with the sprite animations since sprites moving like that were born out of a limitation
Nothing about the fight animation to complain about, but Jesus those animated segments of the hosts are still awful to watch. There's only so much you can do when all you have are 2 people stood around talking and it feels like they've already burned through everything.q

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Nothing about the fight animation to complain about, but Jesus those animated segments of the hosts are still awful to watch. There's only so much you can do when all you have are 2 people stood around talking and it feels like they've already burned through everything.q
I guess you gotta get the visual gags in somewhere.

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net
Death Battle's obsession with feats and stats is getting really ridiculous at this point. Alucard is the kind of character that goes beyond physical capabilities because of what his powers entail that you could make an attempt at the "Take on Superman" argument with him so Dio's physical abilities literally should not matter here.

Moreover, why couldn't Alucard just eat Dio? Even with resetting the clock every couple of seconds, and with his infinite life-span, what's to say that Alucard doesn't just eat him like he does literally every opponent sans the one who literally channeled GOD (Anderson) to prevent him from doing so?

Also they use The Major's explanation of Shrodinger's powers as a reason why Alucard couldn't rely on them in this fight when The Major being incorrect about this very fact is literally the key moment of Hellsing's entire ending but whatever.

Scavenger

I search for things.
kiwifarms.net
They really just wanted le funny vampire man to win because if they gave a shit then Alucard literally could slaughter DIO. Like I enjoy both characters but this was dumb.
Diego is a better version of dio tbh (in terms of character writing)