Death Battle - Analyzing weapons, armor, and skills on the Internet since 2010.

• Ongoing DDoS attack.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
I feel like there's a fundemental misunderstanding of Alucard's bullshit powers versus Dio's.

First off, Alucard is not only dead, he isn't an actual physical object. He's a mass of shadow and blood. I refuse to believe Dio would have been able to flash freeze him in the slightest. IIRC, JoJo even shows that dead vampires can touch dead vampires without the freezing.

Secondly, Alucard's battle strategy isn't waiting for the opponent to tire out or for an opening to present itself, he's toying with his food. The false hope they get from "wounding" him to the best of their abilities is fun to him, and once the fun stops he initiates the kill. Also, he doesn't rely solely on his handguns. He tends to use those to dispatch lesser vampires he wants nothing to do with. Tubalcain Alhambra, Rip Van Winkle, Luke Valentine, and Father Anderson were all considered good enough to die by his own hands.

Finally, as someone mentioned, the ending of Hellsing clearly demonstrates that Alucard killed every single soul he consumed during the Nazi raid until only Schrodinger was left. The major failed, he underestimated Alucard's terrifying power and will. Canonically, by the end of the series the only soul he has left is Schrodingers, so that's the power he should have.

Gravityqueen4life

kiwifarms.net
speaking of Schrodingers shenanigan's, Alucard is neither alive or dead by the end of hellsing. he literally became a phenomenon that dosent exist but at the same time, dose. the major just made him literally unkillable by the end and thus, he lost.

Doctor of Autism

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I feel like there's a fundemental misunderstanding of Alucard's bullshit powers versus Dio's.

First off, Alucard is not only dead, he isn't an actual physical object. He's a mass of shadow and blood. I refuse to believe Dio would have been able to flash freeze him in the slightest. IIRC, JoJo even shows that dead vampires can touch dead vampires without the freezing.

Secondly, Alucard's battle strategy isn't waiting for the opponent to tire out or for an opening to present itself, he's toying with his food. The false hope they get from "wounding" him to the best of their abilities is fun to him, and once the fun stops he initiates the kill. Also, he doesn't rely solely on his handguns. He tends to use those to dispatch lesser vampires he wants nothing to do with. Tubalcain Alhambra, Rip Van Winkle, Luke Valentine, and Father Anderson were all considered good enough to die by his own hands.

Finally, as someone mentioned, the ending of Hellsing clearly demonstrates that Alucard killed every single soul he consumed during the Nazi raid until only Schrodinger was left. The major failed, he underestimated Alucard's terrifying power and will. Canonically, by the end of the series the only soul he has left is Schrodingers, so that's the power he should have.
It felt like the entire fight was made to underestimate Alucard or the people on the staff misread Hellsing Ultimate.

Doctor of Autism

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I am watching through it and dear god some of the feats really misunderstand shit for DIO. I checked to see if Alucard was just underestimated, but my god they overestimated DIO.

Like for the ship exploding, Dio literally had to hide himself and Jonathon's body in a special coffin made to withstand dynamite, he didn't just withstand it as just a head.

Also half the feats listed were only done with time stop in mind (outsmarting Joseph, deflecting Emerald Splash with a finger)

Also holy fuck they misunderstand the ending for Part 6 too since the Heaven plan was only a temporary success, but failed soon.

Like they treat DIO as this super-competent mastermind who ultimately succeeded in the end

Not to mention DIO doesn't use his other vampiric abilities when he has the world because he is very cocky and arrogant in his ability to stop time.

There is also how they claim Jojo vampires are not weak to holy weapons when no holy weapons were ever used on Dio at all.

EDIT: Watched the fight and jesus christ Alucard just casually used Level 0 straight away and it was only a bunch of generic zombies that came out of it instead of all the other powerful shit. They also say if the fight lasted until the sun came up, Alucard wouldn't know DIO's weakness to the sun when that is pretty much a weakness for many vampires in Hellsing except for him and Seras really. Like when DEATH Battle boasts about being accurate with their research, they sure as shit makes characters act very out of character for the sake of making someone else win either by dumbing them down or making them smarter than they are..

Last edited:

Dr. Pasquale

Harvard PhD
kiwifarms.net
EDIT: Watched the fight and jesus christ Alucard just casually used Level 0 straight away and it was only a bunch of generic zombies that came out of it instead of all the other powerful shit.
Alucard should've returned to his bad ass romanian accent Vlad Tepes III self with an armed cavalry 100k men strong. These dudes even watch the OVAs? It feels like the entire video is just an excuse for JoJo pandering, and I love JoJo, but this shit was simply retarded.

"Scalling for speed using reference and the science, Dio can punch faster than the speed of light and blow up the earth"

It just feels wrong on so many levels. They punch a lot real fast and strong cuz its fucking cool, not because they are walking meteors. Otherwise there wouldnt even be a point to stand barrages, Jotaro would punch a motherfucker once and he would turn into mush.

Doctor of Autism

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Alucard should've returned to his bad ass romanian accent Vlad Tepes III self with an armed cavalry 100k men strong. These dudes even watch the OVAs? It feels like the entire video is just an excuse for JoJo pandering, and I love JoJo, but this shit was simply exceptional.

"Scalling for speed using reference and the science, Dio can punch faster than the speed of light and blow up the earth"

It just feels wrong on so many levels. They punch a lot real fast and strong cuz its fucking cool, not because they are walking meteors. Otherwise there wouldnt even be a point to stand barrages, Jotaro would punch a motherfucker once and he would turn into mush.
Also they use Stone Free as a reference for meteor punching when the meteors in that fight were tiny ass rocks.

It felt like Jojo pandering after Kenshiro vs Jotaro had Kenshiro won (which I don't know why but that fight felt questionable)

It gets worse when they smugly declare how they know the lore better than people who watch the videos yet have Alucard treat DIO seriously right away instead of toying with him and make up claims with no evidence (“JOJO VAMPIRES AREN'T WEAK TO HOLY WEAPONS!”)

Dr. Pasquale

Harvard PhD
kiwifarms.net
It gets worse when they smugly declare how they know the lore better than people who watch the videos yet have Alucard treat DIO seriously right away instead of toying with him and make up claims with no evidence (“JOJO VAMPIRES AREN'T WEAK TO HOLY WEAPONS!”)
Alucard is the dude that went up to Walter after he sacrificed absolutely everything in his life for a chance to have a fair fight against him and went "Lol u faggot, all of that and you still lost".

As far as JoJo characters go, DIO is pretty fucking powerful, but he really doesnt even come close to the type of shit Alucard can pull. Alucard would treat him the same way he treated Luke and call him a fake vampire with shit powers.

Also holy fuck they misunderstand the ending for Part 6 too since the Heaven plan was only a temporary success, but failed soon.
There's also the matter of how much of that was his doing and how much was Pucci's. Of course DIO came up with the plan, the ressurection, the 14 words and all that shit, but Pucci was the one who pulled it off by getting Jotaro out of the picture soon and using his position in prison to get all the stuff he needed.

Doctor of Autism

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Alucard is the dude that went up to Walter after he sacrificed absolutely everything in his life for a chance to have a fair fight against him and went "Lol u faggot, all of that and you still lost".

As far as JoJo characters go, DIO is pretty fucking powerful, but he really doesnt even come close to the type of shit Alucard can pull. Alucard would treat him the same way he treated Luke and call him a fake vampire with shit powers.

There's also the matter of how much of that was his doing and how much was Pucci's. Of course DIO came up with the plan, the ressurection, the 14 words and all that shit, but Pucci was the one who pulled it off by getting Jotaro out of the picture soon and using his position in prison to get all the stuff he needed.
Yep they literally acted like all parts of it was DIO's doing

They really try to make DIO this grand powerful being who can easily trump Alucard.

Like DIO is great but man I hate how DIO is discussed by people because they go all in on memes or super smart guy

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
They also say if the fight lasted until the sun came up, Alucard wouldn't know DIO's weakness to the sun when that is pretty much a weakness for many vampires in Hellsing except for him and Seras really.
I fail to see how Alucard couldn't have just at worst stalemated the fight until dawn. Alucard doesn't fear sunlight, water or really any of the typical vampire slaying stuff, and he most definitely has enough lives to outlast him.

Doctor of Autism

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
I fail to see how Alucard couldn't have just at worst stalemated the fight until dawn. Alucard doesn't fear sunlight, water or really any of the typical vampire slaying stuff, and he most definitely has enough lives to outlast him.
It's because Death Battle really wanted DIO to win but I can assume they just did research after a fight had been animated

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
: Watched the fight and jesus christ Alucard just casually used Level 0 straight away and it was only a bunch of generic zombies that came out of it instead of all the other powerful shit.
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that was because limited animation options with sprites. Granted, I don't know what Alucard can summon because I've never cared for Hellsing, but sometimes you're limited to the tools you have access to.
Like DIO is great but man I hate how DIO is discussed by people because they go all in on memes or super smart guy
I think that can apply to a lot of JoJo characters. Dio just got the biggest and most well-known memes.

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net

To be fair JoJo vampires are biologically modified humans and holy weapons are never brought up at any point in the manga, I can at least see where they're coming from. Other than that it's really bizarre to hear that DB of all people are positioning themselves as the true champions of lore when they're known to consistently get all manner of shit wrong. In fact being wrong might as well be the one thing DB is consistent with.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Other than that it's really bizarre to hear that DB of all people are positioning themselves as the true champions of lore when they're known to consistently get all manner of shit wrong. In fact being wrong might as well be the one thing DB is consistent with.
Are they? If anything, these guys are still the only ones to actually give a damn about lore when it comes to determining a winner in these vs shows. Not really positioning yourself as champions when you're the only ones doing it. That or the title isn't as impressive when you're unopposed.

Sup3r

kiwifarms.net
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that was because limited animation options with sprites. Granted, I don't know what Alucard can summon because I've never cared for Hellsing, but sometimes you're limited to the tools you have access to.
This. DB often needs to rely on previously available sprites and models for most of the battles. Some of the weaker animations have had that issue, for example batman beyond Vs Spiderman 2099 had the research acknowledge their more recent suits but the animation was limited to sprites of their much earlier suits made for mugen.
Naruto Vs ichigo, the previous episode, had them need to make sprites from scratch for almost all of their forms.

Suikafag

MoguMogu intensifies
kiwifarms.net
Going back very quickly to Dio vs Alucard. To answer the age old question of “Why the fuck did Alucard not win?”. Swan. Swan is the answer. Who is Swan you ask? A researcher for Death Battle. This battle has been his fucking baby, his most wanted. He also believes Dio wins.

This post on a blog done by a namefag in /co/ death battle threads explains why Alucard would have won and also shows some shit by Swan that explains why Dio won.

Now on a non Dio v Alucard note. Really. Fucking Korra vs Storm is next? Thats a complete and utter shitstomp for Storm. Korra vs Rey would have been the better match. Mary Sue vs Mary Sue.

Doctor of Autism

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Now on a non Dio v Alucard note. Really. Fucking Korra vs Storm is next? Thats a complete and utter shitstomp for Storm. Korra vs Rey would have been the better match. Mary Sue vs Mary Sue.
I mean at this point do you really think Death Battle cares about accuracy