Death Battle - Analyzing weapons, armor, and skills on the Internet since 2010.

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Gisvarg

kiwifarms.net
What if Superman…was an asshole?

Animation sucked, but the finisher was wicked. Omni-Man tore Homelander's jaw out of its socket, ripped out his heart and caved his skull in to eat it. Actual plot of the fight was also good. Omni-Man humiliated and revealed Homelander's true colors to the public, and all civilian casualties were Homelander's fault. Fight was extremely one-sided, Omni-Man took Homelander trying to lobotomize him headon. Analaysis shows the fight was utterly unfair, Omni-Man was billions of times faster and stronger.

Wish the animation was better, because it would have been a good fight otherwise. I never watched Invincible but The Boys seems like peak post modern deconstructionist trash so I was definitely rooting for Omni-Man here.

Hooligan Handgun

kiwifarms.net
Animation sucked, but the finisher was wicked. Omni-Man tore Homelander's jaw out of its socket, ripped out his heart and caved his skull in to eat it. Actual plot of the fight was also good. Omni-Man humiliated and revealed Homelander's true colors to the public, and all civilian casualties were Homelander's fault. Fight was extremely one-sided, Omni-Man took Homelander trying to lobotomize him headon. Analaysis shows the fight was utterly unfair, Omni-Man was billions of times faster and stronger.

Wish the animation was better, because it would have been a good fight otherwise. I never watched Invincible but The Boys seems like peak post modern deconstructionist trash so I was definitely rooting for Omni-Man here.
If it was maybe 30 seconds longer, it would’ve been better in my book. Maybe they could’ve added more to the scene where Homelander’s having his breakdown.

Let’s say he snaps and starts frying the crowd with his heat vision. They run off in fear as Homelander starts ranting, then Omni-Man cuts him off by flying out of the fire. Nolan flies in front of Homelander, takes some more damage as he protects the citizens, then when everyone’s safe he goes up to John, beats him down, and kills him.

With that you could show Omni-Man’s growth in the Invincible comic and Homelander devolving into a madman like the end of The Boys.

TheClorax

kiwifarms.net
What if Superman…was an asshole?
The only good thing in this episode was the kill. You’d have to be an absolute moron to think Homelander stood a chance. Both of these two had far better potential matchups, and being one of the biggest stomps since Raiden v Thor it needed a bit longer fight.
Maybe have the fight completely trash Vaught and all of it’s CEO’s? Maybe The Seven jump in to try and help HL just to get stomped by Omni-Man instantly ala Guardians of the Globe?
And what moron decided to put Tetsuo against Magneto? And not Mewtwo like everyone expected?

GosalynGaming

kiwifarms.net
The only good thing in this episode was the kill. You’d have to be an absolute moron to think Homelander stood a chance. Both of these two had far better potential matchups, and being one of the biggest stomps since Raiden v Thor it needed a bit longer fight.
Maybe have the fight completely trash Vaught and all of it’s CEO’s? Maybe The Seven jump in to try and help HL just to get stomped by Omni-Man instantly ala Guardians of the Globe?
And what moron decided to put Tetsuo against Magneto? And not Mewtwo like everyone expected?
Serious question what the hell is going on with the fight decisions this year, like they’re unbelievably bad lately.

Gisvarg

kiwifarms.net
noone thought Homelander stood a chance. Even the Boys Twitter was rooting for Omni humiliating Homelander. I just wished the fight at least had better animation and spent more time with the characters.

I don't get why they want Tetsuo vs Magneto unless Tetsuo has something in his sleeve. I think DB has had enough anime characters go into the DC/Marvel meatgrinder lately.

Next one after that is likely Bobba Fett vs Predator so at least that one will be fun.

TheClorax

kiwifarms.net
Oh god that bad I hope that not it.
Sounds like one of the few good fights we’ll probably get this season tbh.
Fett and Predator at least sounds like a fight that’d be worth watching. A different leak says it’s Boba Fett vs Star Lord.
I’d say that’s bullshit, but considering they’re putting Tetsuo up against Mags I can buy it.
I really hope that Scott Pilgrim vs Travis Touchdown leak was fake. That would have worked when NMH was brand new, but with NMH3 going full Saints Row, Travis stomps Scott harder than Nolan just did Homelander.
It's either that or Bobba Fett vs Star Lord (Another Marvel meatgrinder) or Bobba Fett vs Master Chief (Who is either going to fight Shepard or be a sacrifice for Doomslayer). I'd rather it be Predator vs Bobba Fett. Nothing else would really work for Predator aside for maybe a Halo Elite.
I can buy Master Chief vs Doomslayer given their first fight is in need of an update, but another part of me just wants to see Slayer get fraudchecked and given a fight he loses.

Gisvarg

kiwifarms.net
Sounds like one of the few good fights we’ll probably get this season tbh.
Fett and Predator at least sounds like a fight that’d be worth watching. A different leak says it’s Boba Fett vs Star Lord.
I’d say that’s bullshit, but considering they’re putting Tetsuo up against Mags I can buy it.
I really hope that Scott Pilgrim vs Travis Touchdown leak was fake. That would have worked when NMH was brand new, but with NMH3 going full Saints Row, Travis stomps Scott harder than Nolan just did Homelander.

I can buy Master Chief vs Doomslayer given their first fight is in need of an update, but another part of me just wants to see Slayer get fraudchecked and given a fight he loses.
I actually still think Chief beats classic Doomguy because really Classic Doom has no extended media beyond a one-shot comic. The Doom novels are a completely different continuity and the "Doomguy" in it isn't even related to B.J Blazkowitz which should be the case for Doomguy/Doomslayer. Death Battle accepted cross-contunity scaling for anime or comics because usually they were still essentially the same character with the same history, setting, and character. This isn't the case for Doomguy; Game and Novel Doomguy is like trying to compare 2019 Joker to Comics Joker. Meanwhile with Chief we have confirmation all the novels and comics aside for a few exceptions are canon. From the media we have, we know Chief is more skilled, more experienced, likely stronger, and has a more versatile arsenal. Doomguy might be able to dodge rockets, but he's not going to dodge a splaser to the face.

Compared to other fights they have redone (Namely Link vs Zelda), they got their analysis wrong from the very beginning and Cloud should have always won. However with Chief vs Doomguy, Chief legitimately always should have won at the time and they just explained themselves really badly doing so. Doing Master Chief vs Doomslayer seems almost pointless. Doomslayer is well... Doomslayer, he now has a century of experience, a bonkers arsenal that outstrips Chief's pretty badly, is quite markedly stronger, and has far better mobility than he did before. Chief hasn't really gained any groundbreaking upgrades in 10 years. Like if he was fighting in Forerunner Armor in Infinite it'd be another story, but he doesn't. All he has now is stabilizer jets or whatever. Making a new video doesn't really fix anything, a modern analysis would only back up their original video but then say "Doesn't matter Doomslayer is crazy" like that's what everyone knows. Death Battle shouldn't be making a remake every single time the character gets a new form that lets them win.

Maybe the best aim is to look for another god/demonslaying badass. Kratos and Dante are saved for eachother so Doomslayer can't fight them. Asura maybe? That fight really wouldn't make too much sense. Doomslayer needs to fight someone with a similar enough skill and weapon set. SMT is a series I doubt they would ever do, but maybe someone from it could work.

Last edited:

Doctor of Autism

The True and Honest Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am confused, like are people pretending that the new Death Battle fight aired since it's still yet to be released at the time of me writing this.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
Capitalize over what is popular and can make them money over putting thoughts and effort into something.
Gotta chase the algorithm, man.

I am confused, like are people pretending that the new Death Battle fight aired since it's still yet to be released at the time of me writing this.
Maybe they have a way to get into the RT First program that gets them to watch it a day early.

Liquid Marlon

-. .. -.-. . / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. /
kiwifarms.net
This episode was funnily kind a "Saitama VS Popeye" all over again but it was a lot easier to see the conclusion in the end.

Also, yeah, it was a bold move for them to animated the fight in GoAnimate.

Last edited:

Liquid Marlon

-. .. -.-. . / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. /
kiwifarms.net
And next episode is more capeshit too! What joy!

Im sick of super heroes.
Also a psychotic teenager with unstable superpowers that turns into a giant horrifying monster.

Even if it's another Marvel character the battle will be at least interesting , hope it's at least longer and better animated then the last one.

Mao Hao Hao

Rollin' Nyaaaaa.......
kiwifarms.net
I am rooting for Tetsuo, purely because I love the manga quite a bit, and if they don't somehow mess up his powers (if the follow the movie too much, they may, since the movie covers only slivers of volume 1, and misses a TON of stuff, since the mutant blob monster doesn't happen till volume 6, the final volume). I don't know a huge amount about Magneto though, so could go either way I guess.

Random Internet Person

kiwifarms.net
I am rooting for Tetsuo, purely because I love the manga quite a bit, and if they don't somehow mess up his powers (if the follow the movie too much, they may, since the movie covers only slivers of volume 1, and misses a TON of stuff, since the mutant blob monster doesn't happen till volume 6, the final volume). I don't know a huge amount about Magneto though, so could go either way I guess.
All I know is that if they don’t reference this, I’ll be kind of disappointed.