Death Battle - Analyzing weapons, armor, and skills on the Internet since 2010.

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Gisvarg

kiwifarms.net
I am getting mixed answers looking at battleboards, but

1. Is the number they gave for Thor's speed the new metric for all Marvel characters or is Thor just way above everyone

2. Does Magneto actually compare to characters like Hulk or Thor?

If he does, then RIP Tetsuo

Dr. Ricearoni

Cease this maidenless behavior
kiwifarms.net
We all know how this goes.
They dig through a comic book character's decades of history, pick one feat they did once, then use it to declare the character the sequel to Jesus. Anime characters can't compete because they don't have a million pages of source material written by 100 guys trying to one up eachother.

"Tetsuo was a powerful opponent and a force to be reckoned with, but Magneto simply had the edge in raw power. Consider the time Magneto went to the supranegro dimension and defeated Lord Cumfartulon the Grande. By our metrics the magnetic force was equal to 4 supletrilillion megatons of tnt."

"Looks like Tetsuo got Tetsu-owned"

"Join us next time when the martian manhunter goes toe to toe with fucking naruto"

Liquid Marlon

-. .. -.-. . / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. /
kiwifarms.net
We all know how this goes.
They dig through a comic book character's decades of history, pick one feat they did once, then use it to declare the character the sequel to Jesus. Anime characters can't compete because they don't have a million pages of source material written by 100 guys trying to one up eachother.

"Tetsuo was a powerful opponent and a force to be reckoned with, but Magneto simply had the edge in raw power. Consider the time Magneto went to the supranegro dimension and defeated Lord Cumfartulon the Grande. By our metrics the magnetic force was equal to 4 supletrilillion megatons of tnt."

"Looks like Tetsuo got Tetsu-owned"

"Join us next time when the martian manhunter goes toe to toe with fucking naruto"
Yeah, he's going to fucking die but Death Battle has been like this for years, it's what happens when you Frankenstein versions of characters together instead of just picking one interpretation.

Gisvarg

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, he's going to fucking die but Death Battle has been like this for years, it's what happens when you Frankenstein versions of characters together instead of just picking one interpretation.
With DC they seem to be using a fusion of Post Flashpoint and Post Crisis which is fine for some like Superman who as of Rebirth has been the same character since 1986, but most are completely different characters who realistically should only rely on feats and scaling that has occurred since 2011

I haven't read much of Marvel but I don't think it has clear dividing points like DC so really they have no choice but to just rely on their entire 60 year histories usually

Ensok

kiwifarms.net
Tetsuo vs. Elaine from Genocyber would've made more sense. Or even Jean Grey. Why Magneto? Have Magneto fight Static Shock.

SSj_Ness

Time to rape organized crime
kiwifarms.net
Mewtwo isn't a mutant though, he's a clone. They still could have found a better opponent than Magneto, and preferably not capeshit.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Why Magneto? Have Magneto fight Static Shock.
Alternatively, if they were adamant about keeping Magneto, have him fight someone like Misaka from Railgun. Their comparable powers would have come down to overall control of those powers and how creatively they're used.

Gisvarg

kiwifarms.net
Alternatively, if they were adamant about keeping Magneto, have him fight someone like Misaka from Railgun. Their comparable powers would have come down to overall control of those powers and how creatively they're used.
That weebshit character was from Railgun actually, Accelerator I think. Dunno much about vn weebshit though. Apparently people want him to fight Magneto.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
That weebshit character was from Railgun actually, Accelerator I think. Dunno much about vn weebshit though. Apparently people want him to fight Magneto.
Accelerator vs Magneto would be a curbstomp. In his own universe, its stated that Accelerator is basically invincible and requires either his computer dying/being jammed or hyper specific turbo autism math. DB would have to either completely ignore the computer or instantly end the fight with Magneto just jamming it.

Liquid Marlon

-. .. -.-. . / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. /
kiwifarms.net
Why most of the picks here for both better mashups for Tetsuo or Magneto, weird generic anime children?
I like I understand it but it's still weird.png

I mean there should be a equal amount of proposed cape shit options but it's all weeb.

Gisvarg

kiwifarms.net
Is the next one using amalgam version of the characters or something?

View attachment 3359620
Wukong has a more simple canon to follow: Journey to the West and probably any similarly aged supplementary stuff perhaps.

Hercules is going to be a mess. Hundreds of authors with contradictory accounts wrote about him. Given they are calling him Hercules, I can at least assume they are allowing both Latin and Greek literature. There was no definitive "canon" for it and the time between a Latin text like Metamorphoses and the original writings of Hesiod is about as big as the gap between our modern literature and the Divine Comedy. There is over 700 years of steles, poems, epics, comedies, tragedies, pottery, etc to use as study material for him.

The difference comes simply from inspiration. Sun Wukong was a legendary character created for Journey of the West inspired by various Buddhist folk tales. Hercules was very likely a real historical figure in Bronze Age Greece mythologized in hundreds of stories by oral tradition over the centuries.

Last edited:

Dr. Ricearoni

Cease this maidenless behavior
kiwifarms.net
Hercules is going to be a mess. Hundreds of authors with contradictory accounts wrote about him. Given they are calling him Hercules, I can at least assume they are allowing both Latin and Greek literature. There was no definitive "canon" for it and the time between a Latin text like Metamorphoses and the original writings of Hesiod is about as big as the gap between our modern literature and the Divine Comedy. There is over 700 years of steles, poems, epics, comedies, tragedies, pottery, etc to use as study material for him.
So he's more or less your average marvel character.