Death Stranding - Hideous Kojumbo does it again

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
This is prime delusion, my friend. Genuine delusion.
PC gamers are literally worse than japanese men who do nothing but play pachinko all day.

Atleast the pachinko men are honest about what they do, PC gamers lie to themselves that spending 1 hour configuring everything to run at maximum settings and then dropping the game 5 minutes in(and never touching it again) before going back to their digital item gambling counts as justifying their 2 grand rig.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
PC gamers are literally worse than japanese men who do nothing but play pachinko all day.

Atleast the pachinko men are honest about what they do, PC gamers lie to themselves that spending 1 hour configuring everything to run at maximum settings and then dropping the game 5 minutes in(and never touching it again) before going back to their digital item gambling counts as justifying their 2 grand rig.
Sure, buddy, but it's funny seeing you go "PC gamers have no games to play" -> "The huge amount of games available suck anyways" -> "Okay maybe the games don't suck but I believe that PC gamers are the only ones who play lootbox games so they never play the good games that they have anyways". It's like a textbook example on moving the goalposts.

I hope PCSX4 continues to get better, you'll be really mad.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Sure, buddy, but it's funny seeing you go "PC gamers have no games to play" -> "The huge amount of games available suck anyways" -> "Okay maybe the games don't suck but I believe that PC gamers are the only ones who play lootbox games so they never play the good games that they have anyways". It's like a textbook example on moving the goalposts.

I hope PCSX4 continues to get better, you'll be really mad.
PC Gamers deserve to be put into a boat with all the other people who claim to be gamers but own no games but instead hundreds of Visual Novels and then be pushed off a cliff.

Literally lower lifeforms that whatever is growing in my capri-sun pouch.

Jeffrey Epstein

kiwifarms.net
Literally lower lifeforms that whatever is growing in my capri-sun pouch.
Depends, do you put semen in your capri-sun pouch at any point between drinking it and discarding it?

Played about an hour thus far, I really enjoyed the 4 cans of Monster Energy drink sitting on the table in one of the cut scenes. I feel like it should have been White Monster Zero though.
Seems like Kojima needs to choose between thinking he is an artist with integrity or one that can be bought. Also, the Metal Gear games had based hints of anti-globalism if I'm not correct? And this new game seems to be kind of a milquetoast wishy-washy "bring people together" thing? Whole thing seems a bit weak even though it's beautiful and interesting enough.

Wilhelm Bittrich

Justice and free helicopter rides for all
kiwifarms.net
Truck Simulator and Elite Dangerous. I'm not the biggest fan of large portions of those games either.
Well, it's in the name of the Games: Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, which means literally hauling shit from A to B.
Elite Dangerous is on a different level, it's a grinding simulator and extremely boring at that. I liked the exploration part but that wasn't enough to keep me in the game.

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Mariya Takeuchi
kiwifarms.net
Is that Disaster Report game good?

Apparently Smelly Hobo Reedus gets naked in the game and you can zoom on his junk which he immediately covers up

GnomeofDoc

What? I like weird old guns.
kiwifarms.net
I have played about 7 hours so far and I got to say I am hooked on this dumb little concept. I enjoy the traversal in this game, compared to when I played the Euro Truck games or any other open world game it just felt like hold W or the left thumb stick forward to the next destination point. Just adding in the very small challenge of not fucking falling over makes the game weirdly engaging to keep moving through the terrain.

I got to play Red Dead 2 about two weeks before Death Stranding came out and it’s still the same hold left thumb stick forward and mash X to get to next point. But for all I know the same grind will hit me with this game and I will fucking hate it, but so far it looks like it will keep me engaged. Granted I am still in GreenLand/Scotland America stage of the game and looks like I will be there for about another 10 hours or so.

It’s enjoyable right now, I will check back in a few days to report on how this game is annoying the hell outta me or not.

Played about an hour thus far, I really enjoyed the 4 cans of Monster Energy drink sitting on the table in one of the cut scenes. I feel like it should have been White Monster Zero though.
At least give us the choice to chose our own god damn flavor of Monster Energy Drink™

Last edited:

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Is that Disaster Report game good?
I would say they're an acquired taste.

It's kind of like how Monster Hunter was really rough until World refined the series' mechanics and then more westerners got on board. Disaster Report is like the marriage between Weird japanese Games and Eurojank like Elex, Pathologic, or Gothic. Disaster Report absolutely does not appeal to any mainstream western tastes.

desertfoxgoggles

romantic~
kiwifarms.net
I've only played a few hours worth of the game but I have to admit - I'm really liking it. The writing and story are clearly batshit but I'm intrigued. All of the characters seem interesting, the walking simulator thing is actually enjoyable with the comfy music and the gorgeous graphics. Obviously I was always gonna be nice to this game because I like Kojima's wacky world and this clearly isn't gonna be the next COD or some shit but it's a nice, niche game. Sort of reminds of the same appeal the indie game Yume Nikki had - tonnes of exploration / environment scanning in cosy environments with things up to your interpretation as you go.
I'm not saying it paid off to have actual actors in there (because it probably cost more than production), but the acting is top notch - it doesn't just feel like a gimmick, it feels well done. Maybe I'll change my mind a few more hours in or whatever but going in blind has paid off for me. I only watched a few theory videos and a couple of the trailers and read zero reviews. Which has probably helped tbh

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's a weird niche game with an unhealthy amount of Monster Energy consumption. Your maximum stamina cap slowly decreases if you don't drink Monster Energy from your canteen and you can also drink Monster Energy in your room. But the fact that you can do it while looking like a drugged out boomer in your Make America Great Again Bridges hat makes it a lot more entertaining.

1573260635736.png

Fuck you I hold the camera how I please

Also the actual gameplay is entertaining if you like walking around and pathfinding and leaving people Dark Souls-esque notes/ladders/ropes/watchtowers/postboxes. Combat against the MULEs (couriers gone bandit) is sort of a joke but BTs (the spooks) are actually pretty spooky, especially if you don't escape the oil swamp and get dragged to the spookwhale. Story is pretty interesting, not sure if the story and gameplay will hold up for what 60 hours is it supposed to take?

TL;DR it's Kojima and it's fucking weird. You'd probably know if you'd like it based on those two facts.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino