Death Stranding - Hideous Kojumbo does it again

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is that why I get massive world ending liquid shits every time I drink Monster?
Caffeine makes you shit, while B vitamins and taurine cause gastric distress and diarrhea on their own.
The product placement is sad but I doubt anyone coulda built an autistic walking sim on this scale without it.
Bang's BCAA isn't doing your asshole any favors, either.

• Informative
Reactions: Violence Jack

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Caffeine makes you shit, while B vitamins and taurine cause gastric distress and diarrhea on their own.
The product placement is sad but I doubt anyone coulda built an autistic walking sim on this scale without it.
Bang's BCAA isn't doing your asshole any favors, either.
Man and like 6 months ago I had to go to the doctor multiple times because I thought I had some bad stomach virus.

It was all the energy drinks I was drinking because of deadlines.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

double bagging
kiwifarms.net
Polygon starting their hot takes.

Hideo Kojima is the Adam Sandler of video games

But there's a twist! They go on praising Adam Sandler and this is the last paragraph:

"To put it in Death Stranding parlance, Kojima and Sandler are reflections of each other, like the populace of the game’s post-apocalyptic landscape and their ghostly BT versions. They are connected. "

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man and like 6 months ago I had to go to the doctor multiple times because I thought I had some bad stomach virus.

Energy drinks as they exist in the West are carbonated versions of various pre-workout drink mixes. In the third world energy drinks are marketed towards the working class, while in the first world they're marketed to thrill seekers of the pleasure class.

In practice, the first world uses monster et al largely to keep working, while the corporation that owns it attaches the brand to leisure experiences and products, thus reinforcing a false dichotomy.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net

Energy drinks as they exist in the West are carbonated versions of various pre-workout drink mixes. In the third world energy drinks are marketed towards the working class, while in the first world they're marketed to thrill seekers of the pleasure class.

In practice, the first world uses monster et al largely to keep working, while the corporation that owns it attaches the brand to leisure experiences and products, thus reinforcing a false dichotomy.

Energy drinks are marketed to keep us exhausted motocross fanatics making those sick jumps, but in practice it's the exhausted 6 day work week managers who actually rely on them.
I never really paid attention to the advertising outside of they intentionally never put the drinks on sale.

But I like Pipeline Punch, Zero Ultra, Sunrise, and the Paradise favor.

Autocrat

Fascist Emperor God-King
kiwifarms.net
This game would be a 9 with a portable music player. It seems like a massive misstep not to include a portable music player in a game that largely consists of traveling.
I do quasi-music videos in the private room. Really it's the same video that starts at his face and slowly pans around to see my equipment and guns. It would be great to make 'music videos' while traveling throughout the world. This game also needs a photomode.

Sam is an interesting hero. He's an autist and potentially asexual. I pretty much always have him in glasses of some kind, to imply that he shields himself with them. The Ludens Glasses make for a good hero's mask.

Autocrat

Fascist Emperor God-King
kiwifarms.net

Why not drink tried and true coffee? Better yet, why not force yourself to go through it sober

Ludo-narrative

It all fits together
Idk much about Ludens lore. I haven't read Time Wanderers yet, but it's on the immediate list. Here's the book for anyone interested.

Attachments

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
This game would be a 9 with a portable music player. It seems like a massive misstep not to include a portable music player in a game that largely consists of traveling.
I do quasi-music videos in the private room. Really it's the same video that starts at his face and slowly pans around to see my equipment and guns. It would be great to make 'music videos' while traveling throughout the world. This game also needs a photomode.

Sam is an interesting hero. He's an autist and potentially asexual. I pretty much always have him in glasses of some kind, to imply that he shields himself with them. The Ludens Glasses make for a good hero's mask.
Photomode never made much sense for a PS4 game since you have the screenshot button on the left of the controller.

Unless it's stuff that applies filters and other shit.

Reactions: Recoil

Autocrat

Fascist Emperor God-King
kiwifarms.net
Photomode never made much sense for a PS4 game since you have the screenshot button on the left of the controller.

Unless it's stuff that applies filters and other shit.
DAYS GONE_20190513105532.jpg

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands_20190618035725.jpg

God of War_20190523234022.jpg

Because you can pause the game in the middle of the action, get ahold of the camera, and even adjust lenses. Look at that wide lens in Days Gone. Lens width alone makes a huge difference in pictures.
I don't have a USB on me so I can't grab any more from my console, but these pics don't even do it justice. I have some great shots in Horizon Zero Dawn, which is built on the same engine as Death Stranding. That game is an example of a great photomode.

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

Violence Jack

Son, you've got a way to fall
kiwifarms.net
> Being this surprised at product placement in a Kojima game
Okay, I suppose it wasn't very obvious in MGS 2 and 3.
i know about calorie mate and the actual tie-in but what did MGS 2 have besides the actual gun model names and drug names?

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
kiwifarms.net
i know about calorie mate and the actual tie-in but what did MGS 2 have besides the actual gun model names and drug names?
Playboy. I don't remember if they actually showed the title but they were mentioned in the credits.
EDIT: Actually, I think it was Maxim.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Violence Jack

Azazel

Top of the Game
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Minor spoiler regarding the monster energy cans:
You find some survivors who make beer and the monster cans get replaced with something called "Timefall Porter", which as far as I know isn't a real beer. If you shotgun them all you will drunkenly stumble around the room and annoy the jar baby. Everytime you make deliveries for the them, you get more beer.

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net

But there's a twist! They go on praising Adam Sandler and this is the last paragraph:

"To put it in Death Stranding parlance, Kojima and Sandler are reflections of each other, like the populace of the game’s post-apocalyptic landscape and their ghostly BT versions. They are connected. "
Wow. At least this game has ideas, whether you think they’re pretentious or don’t work or whatever else. Comparing Kojima to a Sandler is actually really dickish.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Given the reviews I'm seeing this game is pickled beets. The people who love it, love it. And the who don't like it bitch like they've been tricked.

I watched a few cut scenes, and they are bloated af, but they are also well acted and the story is compelling to me.

I'll probably want to get this Daryl Mpreg fanfiction fever dream when it comes to PC.
Pretty much everyone I’ve seen who loved it also said in their review that it’s definitely not for everyone, and that they understand why most gamers would hate it. The game clearly was not designed to appeal to the mainstream market, which is fine, but given the marketing the game got these sorts of reviews were inevitable.

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The tl;dr is they are the same because they are both successful, and cast things full of their friends.

Tags
None