Deathfat Encounters IRL -

Exuvia

All bleeding stops eventually.
kiwifarms.net
During my time in the ER I'm sure I encountered several, but there's just one specific deathfat I remember. We needed to get a CT scan on them, and very shortly after they were wheeled out to radiology, they were wheeled back to their room. They weren't able to fit into the machine. I suppose in the back of my mind I always knew it was theoretically possible to be too big for a CT but I had never seen it in person until that moment. I cannot imagine how humiliating it would be to be told "Sorry, we'll have to take you to the zoo so we can use the machine they made to handle megafauna in order to get a proper diagnosis."

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
During my time in the ER I'm sure I encountered several, but there's just one specific deathfat I remember. We needed to get a CT scan on them, and very shortly after they were wheeled out to radiology, they were wheeled back to their room. They weren't able to fit into the machine. I suppose in the back of my mind I always knew it was theoretically possible to be too big for a CT but I had never seen it in person until that moment. I cannot imagine how humiliating it would be to be told "Sorry, we'll have to take you to the zoo so we can use the machine they made to handle megafauna in order to get a proper diagnosis."
There are CTs for bariatric patients but few hospitals have bothered to buy and install them yet. Normal ones start to crap out in the upper 300s and these will go to the upper 600s with no problem.

Hospital admin can't really justify the cost of them since deathfats are such a small percentage of the patient population.

NoodleFucker3000

That isn't alfredo.
kiwifarms.net
Watching cats for two deathfats. It IS DEPRESSING. I get self-harm, but cmon man, the cats are innocent they don't fucking deserve it. They are both over 300 lbs. All three cats are morbidly obese. They have a massive trough of dry food they free feed all day. Owners are retired, and spend 50% of the time not at home. One cat is clearly arthritic, and she's like, 6 years old or something. She has a harder time walking than my 21 year old cat did.

I swear ppl like this can't fucking learn. Personal choices are one thing, but cats are carnivorous predators and being overweight can actually REALLY hurt them, even more than it does to a human! And the worst part? Both owners are part of an animal rights group for rescuing pets and are pretty sanctimonious about it.

juey

kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this person is considered death fat but a while ago a friend of mine saw Jonathan Yaniv walk out a store in Langley, BC. Mistake me if there not a death fat but that guy's one fat motherfucker from what I can remember and good lord did my buddy say he looked ugly ass hell. Trannies are bad but deathfat trannies are 1000000x worse!

Hospital lab tech here. The obesity epidemic seems to grow out of proportion in poor and rural areas.

I had a patient who was Hamber's size. I could barely tie the tourniquet around her arm. The tourniquet popped right off, and I still got all of the blood that I needed.

Another fat fuck who was totes afraid of needles was in the ER twice this year for chest pain. He is having chest pains for a reason.

My third fat fuck was an obese elderly gentleman who recently left the hospital and then had a massive heart attack at home. Watching the CPR machine jiggle his 200 pounds of stomach fat was so gross.

Seeing fat fucks for a living and seeing their horrid diet as a Wally World cashier did not inspire me to lose weight, but seeing fat fucks along with the complete picture of their lab results and health issues made me lose twenty-five percent (and counting) of my body weight.

Remember, kiddies, fatlogic is poison, and stay the furthest away from those fat activists.
Is it still true that surgeons are still trying to develop better ways to stich up fat people? I've heard from some doctors friends I know who have done surgery on fatties is that doing sutures on fat people is basically impossible as they tend to rip really easily.

Meiwaku

キウィフルーツの赤い乳首猿
kiwifarms.net
Yes I've seen them at a few of my past jobs scootypuffing and it's honestly sad. I don't look at them much differently from a using meth addict. Food addiction and related food centric mental illnesses are the hardest to break because you need food to live and its impossible to avoid so you're always around your #trigger. 90% don't succeed long term but its not hard to see why. Even people on the 600lb life shows usually only get down to the 300-230s so they're never "average" but coming down to that from 600 is still a feat.

PissPool

Skinny Legend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I worked at a grocery store, I met many. It’s probably the only time some of them leave their house. It was always interesting to see what they bought compared to most people. Usually entire carts full of junk food and frozen meals. Also a LOT of soda. Like 10-12 two liter bottles. They didn’t even pick the fake ‘healthy’ frozen meals either, it was all pizza rolls and beef stroganoff and stuff.

There was also an old man who was only regular fat (somehow) who ate a half pint of ice cream a day. He’s buy massive amounts of ice cream in bulk for the week. Peoples eating habits are wild.

Little Dark Age

Lolzymandias, colossal wreck
kiwifarms.net
When I worked at a grocery store, I met many. It’s probably the only time some of them leave their house. It was always interesting to see what they bought compared to most people. Usually entire carts full of junk food and frozen meals. Also a LOT of soda. Like 10-12 two liter bottles. They didn’t even pick the fake ‘healthy’ frozen meals either, it was all pizza rolls and beef stroganoff and stuff.

There was also an old man who was only regular fat (somehow) who ate a half pint of ice cream a day. He’s buy massive amounts of ice cream in bulk for the week. Peoples eating habits are wild.
I saw many when working in a grocery store as well, but in my region it wasn't the 2-liters of soda. It was the 6-packs of 20 oz plastic bottles. They'd take the sixer and make it straddle the edge of the shopping carts to leave room inside for food. 5-10 six packs perched all around the edge of the cart. The barely ambulatory fats who didn't use a scootie-puff would cross both arms and practically heave their upper body onto the shopping cart handle. They'd lean over and just sort of trudge along miserably, bent in half.

The one thing their food had in common was that they all bought cheap, shitty, bland, and extremely processed garbage. No whole food, nothing simple, just beige sugary corn syrup stuff. Ground beef was the closest you got to normal food, but then the Hamburger Helper thrown in was bound to fuck that up too. I love food but I never, ever saw anything in a deathfat shopping cart that made me go "oh, hell yeah, who can blame him?" It was always like, chocolate chip frozen waffles and bags of shitty chicken wings and 5 loaves of white bread and Kraft ranch dressing and a bunch of cheap frozen lasagna and blueberry pop tarts and 10 six packs of mountain dew and marked-down cheese danish pastries. Just junk.

Oh that reminds me, I have an actual deathfat recipe!
This enormous lady customer is talking to me about hot sauce. I mention I love Franks and Buffalo sauce in general. She gets all excited because she has a recipe for "buffalo chicken soup." I've actually had a few versions of this. It's a basic creamy chicken soup with celery and a dash of franks and a bit of blue cheese. Not exactly sophisticated, but good on a winter night.

So I'm like yeah sure, let's have your recipe for it. She scribbles down a bunch of stuff and is gushing about how it's SOOOO good and SO easy to make at home "from scratch." Cool, thanks, whatever. There's a line forming so I stuff it in my pocket and she waddles off with her frozen apple pies and flavored coffee creamer and Pasta Roni.

Later on I finish my shift and remember the recipe. It was...not like any kind of soup I've ever made, and it was not exactly "from scratch" as promised. I can't remember all the amounts, but I do recall ALL of the ingredients. I can remember them because my husband and I were horrified about it for like a year afterward.
The "soup" consisted of:
An entire block of Velveeta
An entire bottle of blue cheese salad dressing
Canned cream of celery
Milk
An entire rotisserie chicken, shredded
Buffalo sauce

That was it.

I did not end up making that version of the soup.

Last edited:

TrainWreckSpotter

kiwifarms.net
I am fascinated by the very idea of deathfats and I talk about it because I spend far too much time in this forum. lol. I forget that my SIL has cousins who are extreme deathfats and I brought the subject up maybe twice and she ripped me a new one both times. In fact, years ago when I used to babysit my nieces I used the word "fat" in some unrelated way and these little kids told me to "never say that word."

Trombonista

そう絶対☆もう絶対☆100%負けらんないっ
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I recently remembered a deathfat from summer camp. He was a decent guy, though he did smell.

Grub Nub

Cult of Birb
kiwifarms.net
I know you said non-medical but I'll just throw this in there. There are old death fats. I worked as a health aide in geriatrics and I wish I could tell my friends and family the horrors you face if you don't get your weight and eating under control. If two people can't move you, you won't get the best care you otherwise would. It's just a fact. People give up on you so much quicker if your size makes you difficult to work with, especially in hospice. It fucking pisses me off that the people I care about (except for one) don't want to hear this shit. Most of all, the ones I know don't have money or a support system for later in life.

Anyway, yes, seen loads of death fats outside of healthcare. I use to be a pizza delivery driver. I still remember times the door would open and I'd be shocked to see them standing. Some would lean against the wall, door jamb, or the arm of a (methinks strategically placed) couch in the foyer. I've also delivered pizza to a skeletor which was also shocking, but irrelevant.

Lastly, when I was a teenager, I had one coworker who was morbidly obese. She was very kind, patient and casual which, as an autist, I latched onto. I visited the workplace again 5 years later and she was significantly fatter and had this....... skin thing going on. She remembered who I was but didn't have much to say. Visited again a few years later and she wasn't there anymore.

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
Oh, a deathfat story. I do have one. When I was in 5th grade (10-11 for non-burgerlandians) there was a teacher who was astoundingly fat. Must have been about 450 punds at least. She had a habit of picking gophers, which were always the weaselly ass-kissers, and what an ass to kiss! Nasty as hell, and head of the student crossing guards. Had a fridge in her classroom, because walking down all those damn stairs was too much work, and the only reason she was on the second floor was because THERE WERE NO CLASSROOMS LARGE ENOUGH.

Anyway, my mom worked at the school as a noon aide (watched the kids during recess and lunchtime so the teachers could get a break) and one morning she was in early. She watched this absolute hamplanet of a teacher take ten minutes to walk up the stairs to her classroom. Every step she had to stop and catch her breath. She's gotta be dead, she was late 40's early 50's at the end of the 90's.

GeorgiaGuidestones

Go cry to someone else lol
kiwifarms.net
I’ve encountered many fatties through the years but a recent death fat shocked me.

Hubs and I go shooting every 2 weeks and we decided to check out a new range in our area.

The range was busy since women are free the day we went.

We were waiting for our lane to open when a deathfat walked in with her husband and teenager. I’m guessing their kid. The husband and kid were normal but she was really tall with Amberlynn legs, a huge stomach, but thinner arms. It was the strangest thing I’ve ever seen. She was wearing a mini jean skirt and a tank top leaving nothing to the imagination.

We tried not to stare and an old man made a comment next to us. I can’t remember what he said but it was rude.

Anyway, we get to our lane. Some shooting range lanes are wider than others. This particular range was pretty slim. Hubs and I take turns shooting in the same lane and I was waiting for my turn when here comes big mama and family.

Her husband and the teen went a few rounds and finally she tried. It didn’t work. The only way she could fit in the lane was sideways and the range master wasn’t having it and I could see him shaking his head NO since you can’t hear much.

Deathfat mama stayed towards some tables the rest of the time-sulking. I was surprised she could stand that long ( about an hour).

I thought about recommending a local outdoor range, but nah. I could tell she was embarrassed.

Dysnomia

Dango whore
kiwifarms.net
I'm in physical therapy because my knee is trash and I'm trying to avoid another surgery. I noticed one of the bikes is suddenly very wobbly and creaky. A few days later I found out why. This enormous woman, a good 400+, was using the bike. :cryblood:

Why they had her on the bike I don't know. She's too damn big for it.

This woman's gunt was flopping against her knees. She had on a long shirt underneath the top one just to cover her gunt.

She's got something wrong with "mah leg". They always have that problem. She claims it hurts more now because she sleeps weird.

Bitch, no. :mad:

Your leg hurts because you're deathfat. I guarantee if you lost the weight your leg would get a hell of a lot better. Like a lot of deathfats she's probably delusional about what the real problem is. PT will help burn off some calories and at that weight any movement is good. But she probably congratulates herself for flopping her leg around for awhile by chowing down at any of the eateries that dot the area around the PT facility.

Carol from HR

kiwifarms.net
I had the displeasure of sharing accommodations with a deathfat man for 2 nights. He was a very nice and considerate man, a divorced father of two young children, and rather well off. But he was absolutely massive. Probably 5'9" and at least 450-500 pounds.

We were in separate bedrooms of a large trailer, but utilized a shared restroom. If you are familiar with RVs/Trailer restrooms they are similar in size to an airplane lavatory: very narrow, small toilet, little water flow, etc. Thinking back on this situation I genuinely don't know if he fit inside the restroom. The only evidence I had that he could actually use the restroom was the stench that remained.

Now, this smell is not something I had ever encountered. It wasn't a normal bathroom shit smell. It was a decaying, rotting, sweet-sickly smell of perpetually unwashed and possibly infected flesh. It also had a physicality to it that I cannot describe, like the air was humid and heavy. It didn't just linger a few minutes after he used the restroom, but was there CONSTANTLY. It literally never left, never faded or waned. Every single time I went to use the restroom I had to hold my breath for fear of vomiting.

I think the worst part was that he was keenly aware of this smell's existence and sentient life force. He made every attempt to mask it with floral scented sprays of all varieties, to absolutely no avail. The sprays just added a layer of nausea-inducing sweetness.

I would also like to note that on this trip, the man broke his ankle after casually "jumping" off a 6" curb. The ankle was absolutely shattered, and from what I understand he did not fully recover from this injury and now uses a cane. He is still in his 30s and will walk with a cane for the rest of his life.