Debate the Ethics of Vic Mignogna - TARD FIGHT

Botchy Galoop

I see.
kiwifarms.net
I don't get why people would stand for someone like Vic, he did apologize and said he was going to seek counseling and God but then a few weeks later said he was going to try to salvage his career in the industry, making his apology seem half hearted.
Welcome. I am curious what you think Vic apologized for doing? Thanks.
Edit to include: Also, I am not a Vic stan. As far as I know, I have never seen an anime in my life...unless Saturday morning Speed Racer cartoons count? I am here because I saw someone being crucified on Twitter and it raised questions in my mind about the morality and ethics of destroying someones reputation and career all based on mostly anonymous accusations from a Twitter mob.

DeadFry

kiwifarms.net
I don't get why people would stand for someone like Vic, he did apologize and said he was going to seek counseling and God but then a few weeks later said he was going to try to salvage his career in the industry, making his apology seem half hearted.
It's rare to see someone who is overtly anti-Vic, here (got plenty of neutrals/don't cares/here for the laughs). Could you explain your position a little better?

We had chat logs, pictures - real evidence of ProJared's skeevy ways in the first hour.
Something that #KickVic lacks, entirely.

Drip Feed

kiwifarms.net
When you're cornered, being beaten down by multiple people over social media with your whole life crashing down around you where thousands of people have looked up to you for years and you just want it to go away, you either get pushed to drinking, suicide, hide away forever on a complete black out on social media which someone of his level could never do, or do what these people are telling you to do "say sorry and lay low and it will all go away", its fucked up that he was pigeon holed in the first place with funimation making it public, nobody would have known and he woulda drifted off into irrelevancy.

jameshameson

kiwifarms.net
People engrave on your forehead the words.

Pedophile
Sexual harraser
Homophobe

and your life is destroyed in a week

And you think the best thing to do is apologize and let life just carry on

DeadFry

kiwifarms.net
And this has been going on for nearly five months now.
Which is insane to me. Even crazier, the dude (for being an alleged playboy/handsy creep) hasn't had one single rape accusation against him. It'd be easy for one of this alleged conquests to come forward ... but none do. 🤔

EDIT:
When you're cornered, being beaten down by multiple people over social media with your whole life crashing down around you where thousands of people have looked up to you for years and you just want it to go away, you either get pushed to drinking, suicide, hide away forever on a complete black out on social media which someone of his level could never do, or do what these people are telling you to do "say sorry and lay low and it will all go away", its fucked up that he was pigeon holed in the first place with funimation making it public, nobody would have known and he woulda drifted off into irrelevancy.
My guess would be there was a lot of gaslighting, behind the scenes. Like that one chick getting tickled at a panel? Years later, texted Vic to say he'd assaulted her by tickling her, despite an apparent continued friendship, following the "incident".

It's rare to see someone who is overtly anti-Vic, here (got plenty of neutrals/don't cares/here for the laughs). Could you explain your position a little better?

We had chat logs, pictures - real evidence of ProJared's skeevy ways in the first hour.
Something that #KickVic lacks, entirely.
Not Overtly, I don't like how he got people to pay for his lawyer despite the fact that he is worth 4 million dollars. If he was being sued I would have understood the need to defend himself but when he is the one suing it comes off as using your fans.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Not Overtly, I don't like how he got people to pay for his lawyer despite the fact that he is worth 4 million dollars. If he was being sued I would have understood the need to defend himself but when he is the one suing it comes off as using your fans.
he didnt. nick rackets felt bad for vic and knew this legal battle would be costly, so nick started the gofundme. at last check, vic hasnt even touched that money, saving it as a last resort.

The Singer Of Songs

I sing, I dance, I pour seltzer down your pants.
kiwifarms.net
He didn't get people to pay for his lawyer. We have donated money freely, and that's only a small little bit.

Are you seriously that much of a fucking idiot? Do you really have anything good to say here? If not, I'd suggest minecrafting yourself and fucking off as well.

DeadFry

kiwifarms.net
He didn't ask for it/get people to donate. His fans and other neutrals (like ComicsGate) were interested in financially backing him, before he even decided to file a lawsuit. Nick filled that need - Vic didn't want anything to do with it (apparently was uncomfortable with it). Had Vic openly shared it/shilled the GFM, it would've exceeded $200k, long ago.

Edit: more thoughts.
Edit 2: You didn't answer my question, either. Deflecting isn't a good look. 🤔

Monkey Prick

Former Ronnie.
kiwifarms.net
Vic didn't ask for people to fund his legal fees, I'm sure MoRonica and Marchi could run GFMs for their legals fees too, but that require them having actual fans.

jameshameson

kiwifarms.net
H
Nick has mentioned over and over that vic never asked for the gofundme, the fans asked for it. Because we will pay out of our pockets and we have payed almost 200K.

Its our money we decide where it goes

Drip Feed

kiwifarms.net
I don't like how he got people to pay for his lawyer despite the fact that he is worth 4 million dollars
Being worth something and having that same money you're worth is totally different, theres plenty of people woth millions and bankrupt.

If he was being sued I would have understood the need to defend himself but when he is the one suing it comes off as using your fans.
So defending yourself with fans money is somewhat better? i donated to make a point of not fucking with a mans money because you decide you dont like him anymore and want to play a little game of "lets fuck his life up".

Edit: Meanwhile wheres Marzgurls lawsuit? she raised 4k? that was WAY over her goal and theres nothing to show from i aside from the fact she withdrew it.

wow

Genkoda

A fluorescent African American government worker
kiwifarms.net
Except he is not the one who made the GFM. Also people are sick of the twitter mob ruining lives unchecked and for some, this is the final straw. There are those of us that are not fans of vic that can see that kickvic is a bunch of lying spergs that cannot show evidence outside of jellybeans and lying about people in photos(that told the person using them to stop misrepresenting them). For some this is to send a message, and so a little money here and there to help him prosecute is a good way to send that message.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino