Debate the Ethics of Vic Mignogna - TARD FIGHT

Nontransferable

kiwifarms.net
Nick had a stream with Cody Baier from Anime Outsiders and Cody was the one who gave Nick Vic's contact information after the stream.
Nick reached out to Vic the day before that stream. He asked him to come on his show, which he declined in favor of a short statement. Four days later, the GoFundMe was created on the 19th and Vic had retained BHBH by then.

Last edited:

JosephTX

Joseph Guillaume of Houston, Don't Mess With Texas
kiwifarms.net
That's sexual assault under Texas law. Sexual harassment has a looser definition.
Sexual harassment doesn't even exist under Texas law, the only thing their assinine narrative could sustain under Texas law is simple assault which is just a ticket as it was stated sexual assault requires penetration, and as for minors.

The applicable statute for molestation, "indecency with a child", requires him literally grabbing them by the pussy and squeezing their tits; since hell, per Texas Law grabbing a loli's ass doesn't meet the definition of indecency.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The applicable statute for molestation, "indecency with a child", requires him literally grabbing them by the pussy and squeezing their tits; since hell, per Texas Law grabbing a loli's ass doesn't meet the definition of indecency.
That defense didn't work for Amarillo Slim.

In Heaven

In Heaven, everything is fine...
kiwifarms.net

Garm

kiwifarms.net
Debating ethics is tricky when you have two different worldviews.

Standwithvic and Kiwi Farms seem to have a traditional and legalistic point of view. We have institutions and procedures to insure justice.

Kick Vic and PULL seem to believe these institutions are corrupt and would actively act to protect Vic. Since these institutions are corrupt, that gives them the right to use alternative means for "justice". They leveraged social media to spook corporations by threatening their reputations. So corporations get rid of the problem person.

The only way to stop such attacks is to get people to use social media responsibly or corporations learn to discount social media.

ProtecSpeedwagon

kiwifarms.net
Debating ethics is tricky when you have two different worldviews.

Standwithvic and Kiwi Farms seem to have a traditional and legalistic point of view. We have institutions and procedures to insure justice.

Kick Vic and PULL seem to believe these institutions are corrupt and would actively act to protect Vic. Since these institutions are corrupt, that gives them the right to use alternative means for "justice". They leveraged social media to spook corporations by threatening their reputations. So corporations get rid of the problem person.

The only way to stop such attacks is to get people to use social media responsibly or corporations learn to discount social media.
Debating ethics is not tricky in this case when you have accused someone openly of horrific things without any evidence to back up your claims. Any side that would be ok with this is morally bankrupt and bring nothing to a civilized discussion.

Garm

kiwifarms.net
Debating ethics is not tricky in this case when you have accused someone openly of horrific things without any evidence to back up your claims. Any side that would be ok with this is morally bankrupt and bring nothing to a civilized discussion.
I'm pointing out the moral relativism on their side and why it was successful in manipulating organizations.

Both sides are incapable of communicating with each other because our definitions and standards are so different.

I agree that it is morally bankrupt and underhanded but from their point of view they are being "heroic".

So you would have to slowly persuade them that what they are doing is wrong.

Zero Day Defense

Don't believe everything that you breathe
kiwifarms.net
...Vic should move on from openly being called a pedophile, a homophobe, a rapist, and having whatever con he's appearing at get concerned trolled into the dirt? What's your plan for getting through that?
Suicide, probably.

Why would God create something just to hate it?

God isn't that much of a dick.
Top 10 Questions John Calvin Can't Answer

BHWuser

kiwifarms.net
I believe the timeline is this, without times, someone may provide them and there really should be a timeline of all this nonsense.

Nick gets mad and starts talking about this stuff.

At some point, he also talks to Vic and can't really give legal advice but recommends he get legal counsel. That turns out to be BHBH (Nick already knew Ty personally iirc).

Vic retains BHBH and puts down a retainer. This is probably substantial amount of money.

Nick continues to get mad (he's good at that) and decides fuck this, I want to actually do something about it. He creates the GFM.

The next step takes a little while because it is actually fairly legally complicated to set up a GFM if you're a third party and you're raising the money for the use of someone else. Presumably GFM itself had to look into this and probably their lawyers did too, and they went through a fairly complex process of attaching the GFM to the IOLTA (Interest on Lawyer Trust Accounts) account of BHBH, where Nick can't touch it and BHBH can only legally touch it upon itemized bills being available.

Anyone concerned about the ethics of this should know that fucking around with IOLTA accounts is something that will end your legal career fucking instantly. It is one of the few guaranteed "death penalty" offenses in that you just flat out get disbarred for it, reciprocal disciplines means you're also disbarred anywhere else you're licensed, and just forget being a lawyer forever.

Since then, I assume they've already spent Vic's initial retainer and I have no doubt they've consumed some sizable chunk of the GFM itself on this chickenshit discovery nonsense, whether or not they've actually billed it yet.

This is sort of how hijacking victims responded before 9/11. Just let the bad man do what he wants, he'll demand a bunch of Twinkies or whatever and eventually let the hostages go.

If you think instead that the fucker is just going to fly you into a building you have motivation to resist.

People are learning that if you just give in to these fuckers, they destroy you anyway.
While I wouldn't expect his team to do anything like this. If I was in Ty's place and these guys pissed me off enough with their bullshit I'd certainly do a little finagling of my billing hours for Vic just so he wasn't footing the bill for as much of this bullshit that he should't have to deal with. At least, some of what you can't get back by filing for compensation for frivolous motions.

I mean Ty is completley within his right to bill as he wishes and needs. I just know, seeing how this shit was going down, being pissed enough I'd make sure we'd be able to stick it to the twatwaffles of Ron and Monica.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
While I wouldn't expect his team to do anything like this. If I was in Ty's place and these guys pissed me off enough with their bullshit I'd certainly do a little finagling of my billing hours for Vic just so he wasn't footing the bill for as much of this bullshit that he should't have to deal with. At least, some of what you can't get back by filing for compensation for frivolous motions.

I mean Ty is completley within his right to bill as he wishes and needs. I just know, seeing how this shit was going down, being pissed enough I'd make sure we'd be able to stick it to the twatwaffles of Ron and Monica.
One of the dumbest things a person can do in a lawsuit is get a lawyer personally invested in pushing your shit in. Which these morons have done in spades.

BHWuser

kiwifarms.net
One of the dumbest things a person can do in a lawsuit is get a lawyer personally invested in pushing your shit in. Which these morons have done in spades.
It's why I think, if all goes well, Marzgurl is completely fucked. THe shit with Vic's mom has almost guaranteed she's gonna get Bearded.

Tags
None