Debate the Ethics of Vic Mignogna - TARD FIGHT

• Despite what alcoholic retards are saying, there are no plans to shut down the Kiwi Farms.

Seraphic_Vishnal

aspetta e spera
kiwifarms.net
It's also interesting to note that Vic has been stalked over the years. Some were just nervous girls too afraid to talk to him and others hated him because they were fans of Todd or Travis that was more for the rivalry. And the then you had the small minority that absolutely detested him. I have interacted with quite a few from each column. And only the fujos were whiny bitches about him. " Oh he didn't hug me, but he hugged some cosplayer!"
" I wonder if that kids parents knows that an old man is all over them?" And the pettiest of whines: " He isn't that good of a VA why does he have to charge at all?"

Mind the last time I heard that one was back in 2011.

I just need to remind people that Vic's behavior is the same as every other VA his age or younger, and some even "gasp" hug without consent it's just how the cons are. Or were. I doubt after this anyone will be able to even shake hands without a waiver.

My prediction is cons are on their way out so go while you still can before our matriarchal overlords converge upon them like the back biting soul sucking harpies they are.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's more credible, that there's some grand conspiracy to take Vic down or that he was just a bit too handsy?
In January and February, people would have leaned heavily into the latter.
However, as more and more details have come out, the possibility of the former being the case has grown exponentially.

Reactions: ConSluttant

Zero Day Defense

Don't believe everything that you breathe
kiwifarms.net
Do I need to show my watch history?
The last time you commented before today was in February, in a thread that's long been closed in favor of the present general thread for the subforum that didn't exist back in February.

Not doing it again if the other party isn't comfortable with it. March I clearly wasn't.
She doesn't say that it happened again, and she's on camera being huggy with Vic.

The fact that no one has ever stopped to think that maybe, just maybe Vic isn't the victim in this
...you did comment in the original controversy thread, right? My search shows that you did, definitely.

You're confusing contrarianism for skepticism if you think that your appeals to absurdity in the face of actual points of discussion of evidence are worth talking about or even honoring.

hese stories and rumors have been going on since at least 2006
No, they haven't.

They've been going on since at least 2010, and they allege incidents that happened before then.

What's more credible, that there's some grand conspiracy to take Vic down or that he was just a bit too handsy?
What's more credible: that there's some miffed VAs and fujos conspiring to take Vic down by saying that he did things that he didn't, or that there's a 13-20 year conspiracy by the American anime dubbing industry and con circuit to protect a sexual predator and destroy evidence of his misdeeds?

If Rial or Edwards aren't lying, then that means that they didn't tell Specht-- their supposed "friend"-- that her fiancée tried to sexually assault them, and opened her up to suffering actual assault, and intertwining her financial and social life with someone that would potentially actually assault her, for a decade. If Reese isn't lying, then that means that she thought it appropriate to gush on Facebook about the person that assaulted her friend (Edwards), someone who entrusted her with reporting the matter, and it means that any photo or video of them dancing or fooling around with each other was because she (Edwards) decided to risk herself repeatedly-- to the point that she was willing to audition for a fan series directed by that very same person. If Hunt and company aren't lying, that means that they never even recommended that Vic be reported for being suspicious with underage girls, and that their parents didn't even bother to take that initiative to defend their children. And it means that the con didn't ban them and/or send the memo to the subsequent management.

If they're not lying, they were still lying.
And somehow, the conspiracy manages to extend to actual normies (the parents of the aforementioned underage girls).

The Phantom on the Hill

"Angel of Music"
kiwifarms.net
No, they haven't.

They've been going on since at least 2010, and they allege incidents that happened before then

Clearly the posters of these two tweets would argue with that point.

...you did comment in the original controversy thread, right? My search shows that you did, definitely.
Correction: After the initial thread, no one seems to question whether or not Vic actually is a creep (at least as far as I know, I haven't done a "thorough search" of this entire subforum). It seems more people in that initial thread were willing to believe that Vic actually did commit some acts of assault or harrassment, and those people (again, as far as I know) haven't posted in this subforum.

I just need to remind people that Vic's behavior is the same as every other VA his age or younger, and some even "gasp" hug without consent it's just how the cons are. Or were. I doubt after this anyone will be able to even shake hands without a waiver.
This is more about what hasn't been captured than anything else, but what has been captured shows him being a bit too close by even kissing them on the forehead. In the deposition, he doesn't seem to grasp that a random stranger doing that to a minor might be construed as creepy.

What's more credible: that there's some miffed VAs and fujos conspiring to take Vic down, or that there's a 13-20 year conspiracy by the American anime dubbing industry and con circuit to protect a sexual predator and destroy evidence of his misdeeds?

If Rial or Edwards aren't lying, then that means that they didn't tell Specht-- their supposed "friend"-- that her fiancée tried to sexually assault them, and opened her up to suffering actual assault, and intertwining her financial and social life with someone that would potentially actually assault her, for a decade. If Reese isn't lying, then that means that she thought it appropriate to gush on Facebook about the person that assaulted her friend (Edwards), someone who entrusted her with reporting the matter, and it means that any photo or video of them dancing or fooling around with each other was because she (Edwards) decided to risk herself repeatedly-- to the point that she was willing to audition for a fan series directed by that very same person. If Hunt and company aren't lying, that means that they never even recommended that Vic be reported for being suspicious with underage girls, and that their parents didn't even bother to take that initiative to defend their children.

If they're not lying, they were still lying. And somehow, the conspiracy manages to extend to actual normies (the parents of the aforementioned underage girls).
The fact that this behavior has been an open secret for so long and hasn't been addressed until now is the real question. Funimation needs to be held accountable for their actions as much as Vic does. As for why the victims themselves didn't report, there are various reasons.

Zero Day Defense

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, if you took them at face value instead of looking through actual records of rumors on the internet. Never mind the broadness of "Vic story", and the fact that Marzgurl's story is a girl looking (to her) uncomfortable, which is not even in the same dimension as the weightier things Vic's been accused of.

Correction: After the initial thread, no one seems to question whether or not Vic actually is a creep (at least as far as I know, I haven't done a "thorough search" of this entire subforum). It seems more people in that initial thread were willing to believe that Vic actually did commit some acts of assault or harrassment, and those people (again, as far as I know) haven't posted in this subforum.
Wonder what changed their minds?

Maybe you need to catch up.

The fact that this behavior has been an open secret for so long
No, it hasn't. People just keep saying that it's been an open secret, and they've only been saying so this year.

Funimation needs to be held accountable for their actions as much as Vic does.
I can't believe you responded to me positing the possibility of a massive conspiracy between dubbing companies and the American anime con circuit and the only thing you could respond to is the point about Funimation.

As for why the victims themselves didn't report, there are various reasons.
They didn't tell their supposed friend that her fiancé sexually assaulted them. They opened her up to the same fate, except actualized. They risked her financial and social life being intertwined with someone that could rape her. Edwards says she DID report the incident to Reese but never told Specht. Reese didn't do anything with that report until days later according to her testimony, and likely never DID do anything with it given the fact that she gushed about Vic playing the piano and posing with Edwards on her Facebook in the days to follow the supposed incident.

You haven't surveyed a damn thing, and the reason why you're attracting the responses that you're attracting is because it's that obvious.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Vic has admitted to infidelity, problems with boundaries, and diva-like behavior, under oath. Do I like that? Aside from the honesty to admit such, no, but his honesty is appreciated, especially concerning the first item.
He hasn't done anything that gives me the right to look down on him. If he had been accused of infidelity, being too touchy-feely for >current year or even diva-like behavior we wouldn't be looking at a lawsuit here. He's been accused, instead, of absolutely vile things that appear to be completely false.

I think even the diva-like behavior bullshit isn't true and every single person making that particular accusation has sounded like an entitled jackass with unwarranted self importance who thinks their little con staff badge means you must RESPECK MAH AUTHORITAH!

Immaculate Ape

It was ME... DIO!
kiwifarms.net
He hasn't done anything that gives me the right to look down on him. If he had been accused of infidelity, being too touchy-feely for >current year or even diva-like behavior we wouldn't be looking at a lawsuit here. He's been accused, instead, of absolutely vile things that appear to be completely false.

I think even the diva-like behavior bullshit isn't true and every single person making that particular accusation has sounded like an entitled jackass with unwarranted self importance who thinks their little con staff badge means you must RESPECK MAH AUTHORITAH!
If convention guests got "banned" for being a "diva", there would be literally no recognized celebrities at any conventions, period.

Anyone who has any kind of ego, clout or draw, is a diva - that's a hard fact

FreeHugsCheap

Incredibly huggable
kiwifarms.net
The conspiracy angle is retarded. There are two proposed conspiracies here:

1. A group of people who all know each other through various workplaces and living conditions decide to jump on someone they don't like using trumped up accusations that have never once held enough water to warrant even ONE police report.

or:

2. The American dubbing industry as a whole as well as the entire American and possibly European con circuit has been working hand over fist to protect a single voice actor from being exposed as a sex pest, while said sex pest does his best Bigfoot impression and sexually molests young girls IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS AUTOGRAPH LINE IN FULL VIEW OF EVERYONE while never once getting caught on camera actually committing the act.

Excuse me if I find option one just a slight bit more credible.

The Phantom on the Hill

"Angel of Music"
kiwifarms.net
I can't believe you responded to me positing the possibility of a massive conspiracy between dubbing companies and the American anime con circuit and the only thing you could respond to is the point about Funimation.
Funimation was Vic's main employer. Perhaps the con circuit is at fault too, but without him getting voice over work, he probably wouldn't be on the cin circuit in the first place.
They didn't tell their supposed friend that her fiancé sexually assaulted them. They opened her up to the same fate, except actualized. They risked her financial and social life being intertwined with someone that could rape her. Edwards says she DID report the incident to Reese but never told Specht. Reese didn't do anything with that report until days later according to her testimony, and likely never DID do anything with it given the fact that she gushed about Vic playing the piano and posing with Edwards on her Facebook in the days to follow the supposed incident.

You haven't surveyed a damn thing, and the reason why you're attracting the responses that you're attracting is because it's that obvious.
Many of these actors and figures often have to play nice in front of guests at the con. Case in point, Burt Ward and Adam West. Burt Ward hated Adam West, but he had to at least act like they got along in front of convention guests. Again, why these accusations are coming out in droves now despite it being an open secret for a while (re: Doug saying "Everyone has a Vic Mignogna.") is still a mystery. On the other hand, if all of these stories are fake, why are they coming out now after the Broly movie? And why against Vic? Sure, he voiced a titular character, but he barely had any lines. Why not Chris Sabat or Sean Schemmel?

Perhaps I haven't read enough into this situation as I thought, though I have researched it quite a bit. I would love for all these accusations to be false. Vic Mignogna is a talented voice actor, but the more I learn about him, the more these accusations start to make sense.

I think I'll stop for now. Maybe I'll come back after watching one of Nick's six hour rants or binge some other Vicstans videos without wanting to bang my head against the wall. They have made good arguments before, but nothing that discredits every single story.

Zero Day Defense

kiwifarms.net
Many of these actors and figures often have to play nice in front of guests at the con.
Do you even know who Michelle Specht is for you to be making such an irrelevant statement?

On the other hand, if all of these stories are fake, why are they coming out now after the Broly movie? And why against Vic? Sure, he voiced a titular character, but he barely had any lines. Why not Chris Sabat or Sean Schemmel?
...because they don't like him and took an opportunity to maximally damage his reputation and career? Why does this question matter in any operative way?

ShinyStar

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a Shane.
kiwifarms.net

Those posters are claiming today that they knew horrible things about Vic prior to 2010. However, people who have spent the time looking for the actual postings people made prior to 2010 have come up empty. It's easy to say, 'I knew this forever ago' when you don't have to provide any evidence to back it up.

This is more about what hasn't been captured than anything else, but what has been captured shows him being a bit too close by even kissing them on the forehead. In the deposition, he doesn't seem to grasp that a random stranger doing that to a minor might be construed as creepy.

The fact that this behavior has been an open secret for so long and hasn't been addressed until now is the real question. Funimation needs to be held accountable for their actions as much as Vic does. As for why the victims themselves didn't report, there are various reasons.
Yes, it's about what hasn't been captured - and it not being captured isn't evidence that it happened. That's like saying 'I have poltergeists in my house that rearrange my furniture every night. I've never been able to catch them on video, which totally proves I'm telling the truth!' So when people are saying something without evidence, then people are left with analyzing their statements, seeing if they are consistent, seeing if there's outside evidence to corroborate or disprove the account, and when people have looked seriously at these not-caught-on-film stories, there are huge problems with them. And as far as what Vic's done that has been caught on camera? We ABSOLUTELY do not live in a world where it is considered inappropriate for adults to hug and kiss minors.

ped1.jpg

Oh, won't someone think of the children! All those innocent souls going to Disney World and being sacrificed by their parents to the insatiable lust of Hollywood! And before we think the rot and corruptions stops there, just wait!

ped2.jpg

The idea that casual physical contact between two people - even with an age gap - is necessarily sexual and therefore inappropriate is neurotic, shows a lack of understanding of human nature and non-verbal communication, and isn't reflected in the way people actually behave in the real world. It's a twitter phenomenon fueled by people whose only social contact is filtered entirely through electronics and is (unhealthily) wholly without physical contact. It's sick.

Funimation was Vic's main employer. Perhaps the con circuit is at fault too, but without him getting voice over work, he probably wouldn't be on the cin circuit in the first place.

Many of these actors and figures often have to play nice in front of guests at the con. Case in point, Burt Ward and Adam West. Burt Ward hated Adam West, but he had to at least act like they got along in front of convention guests. Again, why these accusations are coming out in droves now despite it being an open secret for a while (re: Doug saying "Everyone has a Vic Mignogna.") is still a mystery. On the other hand, if all of these stories are fake, why are they coming out now after the Broly movie? And why against Vic? Sure, he voiced a titular character, but he barely had any lines. Why not Chris Sabat or Sean Schemmel?

Perhaps I haven't read enough into this situation as I thought, though I have researched it quite a bit. I would love for all these accusations to be false. Vic Mignogna is a talented voice actor, but the more I learn about him, the more these accusations start to make sense.

I think I'll stop for now. Maybe I'll come back after watching one of Nick's six hour rants or binge some other Vicstans videos without wanting to bang my head against the wall. They have made good arguments before, but nothing that discredits every single story.
Acting nice in public isn't an excuse for not warning a person in private about someone. It's not even close to explaining why they didn't tell Michelle Specht - Vic's fiance and their personal friend.

Also, there's this weird misunderstanding of what options humans have in the KickVic crowd. If you're not allowed to dunk on someone who's awful in public because of the bad publicity, that doesn't mean you have to throw yourself into a tango with him in public, or hug him, or sit on his lap. There are intermediate choices a person can make, like smiling and being pleasant but keeping one's distance. These accusers aren't making the reasonable choice of someone who thinks Vic is terrible while still playing nice, they've been behaving as if he's a great guy.

ManateeHunter

mmmm, steak
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Phantom on the Hill said:
Don't get baited by me! U mad bro?
I love how you use that rule to justify your opinions with absolutely zero thought process put into them. Rate me whatever the fuck you want, but unless you actually have anything smart to say (which isn't that high a bar, but I see you've already failed miserably), shutting your trap and doing more research would be a far more rational thing to do.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't seriously believe it, no, but they both have the same talking points.
penguintruth is one of those people who would sign on here with "penguintruth" as their username.
He's done on it on other forums and comment sections and I'm positive he would do it here.
He's one of those people who want you to KNOW who he is.

Last edited:

OldAmishRenegade

kiwifarms.net
He isn't a random stranger in those situations. He's a voice actor meeting fans who have waited in line for hours to get 2 minutes of his time for an autograph and picture. It's like if you had a kid who was a Captain Jack Sparrow fan and you took him to meet Johnny Depp, and Depp gave the kid a peck on the cheek for the photo-op. There's nothing creepy or sexual about it.

The problem isn't that you have a different opinion, it's that the arguments you're giving to support that opinion are bad ones. If you have any strong evidence or discussion points against Vic, I know I for one would be interested in hearing them.

WarJams

kiwifarms.net
penguintruth is one of those people who would sign on here with "penguintruth" as their username.
He's done on it on other forums and comment sections and I'm positive he would do it here.
He's one of those people who want you to KNOW who he is.
Yeah, I wanted to use penguin in my name, but then I figured I'd catch flack from kiwis thinking I was that sped... *sigh*

-there's some grand conspiracy to take Vic down
Not a grand conspiracy, just a civil one. That is one of the claims levied against the defendants, after all.

Zero Day Defense

kiwifarms.net
The only ethics I have about Vic is "dear god use another voice"
He actually does have range, though. He has a voice that he uses in public appearances with fans, which is mostly his iconic-- perhaps standard-- voice he uses for characters like Ed, but there's also his Qrow voice, his Rohan voice, and you can't forget the voice he shreds his vocal cords on everytime out of love for his craft.

And then there was the voice he was using during his deposition.

Tags
None