[December 1st 2019] SHENMUE 3 Wage-through -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
The game reminds me of Judgement with the amount of mini-game padding that Phil will take advantage of. There's also some sort of RPG element to it that requires training to up your endurance and power with repetitive fighting. You can learn new moves later. Also QTEs are brought back and we know how his reaction time is.

There's shit like chopping wood, attacking a wooden dummy, gambling, and later you start to find arcades that are just like the other gambling mini games of sort. Lucky hit I believe is brought back.

Madmartigan

kiwifarms.net
So Phil is starting Shenmue III today. As someone who just played through the game, I'm certain Phil is gonna want to wagequit / borequit this game at some point.
I won't spoil the game for anyone, but I'll just say the game is slow-paced throughout and really drags at a few points where you need to grind for money and attack/defense skills. It was extremely boring playing through them, and I can only imagine how much more boring it would be to sit and watch Phil play through those parts. The game in general just isn't very exciting.
At the very least I'm betting there will be a "I don't wanna play this anymore" and/or "nobody's talking to me" tantrum at some point.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
At the very least I'm betting there will be a "I don't wanna play this anymore" and/or "nobody's talking to me" tantrum at some point.
It will mostly depend on how much money people are throwing at him at any given moment. Usually the dollar bills are able to soak up most of the salty tears and keep his cash-high going. And, seen as they haven't been around lately, I wouldn't be surprised when (some of the) anonymous paypigs like Nocouture and Silentbob will step up to keep their master a happy lil' boi during the daunting task of playing a video game while sitting on a couch.

pegecag785

kiwifarms.net
So Phil is starting Shenmue III today. As someone who just played through the game, I'm certain Phil is gonna want to wagequit / borequit this game at some point.
I won't spoil the game for anyone, but I'll just say the game is slow-paced throughout and really drags at a few points where you need to grind for money and attack/defense skills. It was extremely boring playing through them, and I can only imagine how much more boring it would be to sit and watch Phil play through those parts. The game in general just isn't very exciting.
We'll see, Dave is known for liking games that nobody else does

Fuckoffdad

You'll be where you belong
kiwifarms.net
Shenmue 3 Wage-through Paythru. Technically every playthrough is it's just that some are far more obvious than others.

• Agree
Reactions: Schmeckel

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
At some point, yes. But currently he's painted and dressed like a children's party clown and makes autistic sound effects when he punches anything. Because imitating Bruce Lee movies is still funny and does not sound racist or targeted at a young audience. All that's left are grimaces and a pick-a-boo play.

Sounds hilarious, ack ack ack? No, he just repeats what he sees, provides no inside commentary and has the need to joke about basically every single character (spoiler: not funny, just insulting or simply meaningless. He likes to hear himself talking).
So just like any other Shenmue, an unfunny trainwreck. Does not enjoy the game but enjoys making fun of it. So no breaking news, basically.

PinkRibbonScars

kiwifarms.net
At some point, yes. But currently he's painted and dressed like a children's party clown and makes autistic sound effects when he punches anything. Because imitating Bruce Lee movies is still funny and does not sound racist or targeted at a young audience. All that's left are grimaces and a pick-a-boo play.

Sounds hilarious, ack ack ack? No, he just repeats what he sees, provides no inside commentary and has the need to joke about basically every single character (spoiler: not funny, just insulting or simply meaningless. He likes to hear himself talking).
So just like any other Shenmue, an unfunny trainwreck. Does not enjoy the game but enjoys making fun of it. So no breaking news, basically.
How is mimicking Bruce Lee racist?

Madmartigan

kiwifarms.net
Has Phil made it to the part of the game where you have to grind for money to buy the first high value item yet? Knowing him, I see three options:
1.) Chat holds his hand and tells him a good way to make money.
2.) He stares at his phone for an inordinate amount of time on stream as he tries to look up a guide online, and is appalled that everything is in video form, and no one makes text guides anymore in 2019.
3.) He looks up the most efficient way to farm money off-stream, then starts doing it when he plays it on stream so he can pretend he never looked anything up and is a genius for figuring something out all by himself.

Tags
None