[December 22 2019] DSP's Christmas Marathon + Tip Fundraiser - $2,000 Week Tip Goal

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

What will be the weekly tip goal amount?

• $0 - $500

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • $500 - $1000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1000 - $2000

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • $2000 - $3000

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • $3000 - $4000

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • $4000 - $5000

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • > $5000

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • $10,000

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darkwingosonichugorl

kiwifarms.net
You have to remember Phil is a consoletard by every definition of the word. He probably doesn't even know what freeware is. I mean he bought Doom 2 on Steam of all places. I think that says it all.
It's best for Phil to stick to consoles. There's so many misleading GAMING products that he would fall for, and he couldn't fix the slightest problem on his own.

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
Nothing wrong with that. Doom 3 BFG Edition has Doom 1 and 2 in it for 20 bucks (5 bucks on sale right now) and runs perfectly. Doom 2 on its own is 5 bucks (2 during the sale) so his meltdown over being "ripped off" is hilariously petty too.
For older games I'd argue GOG is the better bet, hell in general GOG is the better bet because it's DRM free, but more importantly for low IQ unable to troubleshoot Philip: They usually make sure the game runs fine right out of the box which Steam couldn't give less of a shit about.

Now sure, Doom 2 runs fine on steam if you're not a braindead ape, but that's the thing, he is a braindead ape. He should be making it easier on himself. I mean honestly buying Doom 2 at all is exceptional because it's freeware and ZDaemon or GZDoom (because online co-op doom is rad) run it better than dosbox could ever hope to.

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For older games I'd argue GOG is the better bet, hell in general GOG is the better bet because it's DRM free, but more importantly for low IQ unable to troubleshoot Philip: They usually make sure the game runs fine right out of the box which Steam couldn't give less of a shit about.

Now sure, Doom 2 runs fine on steam if you're not a braindead ape, but that's the thing, he is a braindead ape. He should be making it easier on himself. I mean honestly buying Doom 2 at all is exceptional because it's freeware and ZDaemon or GZDoom (because online co-op doom is rad) run it better than dosbox could ever hope to.
That entire post presumes Phil isn't the most basic bitch ever to plug in a Nintendo, which he is.

You could show him the command line and he'd think you were hacking his system.

Shlomo Schicklgruber

kiwifarms.net
So why did he buy it from steam ? When its free all he had to download gzdoom and look for doom 2 wad hell google its like the second website
You have to remember Phil is a consoletard by every definition of the word. He probably doesn't even know what freeware is. I mean he bought Doom 2 on Steam of all places. I think that says it all.
I mean honestly buying Doom 2 at all is exceptional because it's freeware and ZDaemon or GZDoom (because online co-op doom is rad) run it better than dosbox could ever hope to.
I'm all for dunking on Phil, but in this case you are actually making fools out of yourself, guys. Doom 2 is not and has never been a freeware, its engine was made open source. Yeah, you can find doom2.wad on Google, just like you can find other pirated games.

Reactions: Mooty Mooty Mooty

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
I'm all for dunking on Phil, but in this case you are actually making fools out of yourself, guys. Doom 2 is not and has never been a freeware, its engine was made open source. Yeah, you can find doom2.wad on Google, just like you can find other pirated games.
Oh right, I'm confused because the original Doom is open source but never actually went freeware. I guess I just assumed they were both freeware because I hadn't thought of being open source without also being freeware but it's of course totally possible to release the code and not the assets.

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
Oh wow, so the Khet mashed potatoes rant was because he would much rather have scalloped potatoes. Man, what a pampered little baby, his wife doesn't make potatoes like his mom did (the most unhealthy way possible, because exactly what you want to do with the mountain of carbs that is potatoes is cover them in fucking cheese) so he cries to his viewing audience.

If you want the potatoes so special why don't you make them Phil?

Sparkletor

kiwifarms.net
Oh wow, so the Khet mashed potatoes rant was because he would much rather have scalloped potatoes. Man, what a pampered little baby, his wife doesn't make potatoes like his mom did (the most unhealthy way possible, because exactly what you want to do with the mountain of carbs that is potatoes is cover them in fucking cheese) so he cries to his viewing audience.

If you want the potatoes so special why don't you make them Phil?
Phil has told us already that he is too dumb to cook a potato.

Tags
None