Deputy Tory leader apologizes for comparing Pride parades to St. Patrick's Day -

• The End of Proving Grounds: (Thread) (Update) (Last Call in PG)
    I've enabled GIF avatars across the site again. Don't make me regret this.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net

Deputy Tory leader apologizes for comparing Pride parades to St. Patrick's Day
Jonathan ForaniCTVNews.ca Writer
@jforani Contact
Published Saturday, November 30, 2019 3:32PM ESTLast Updated Saturday, November 30, 2019 6:14PM EST

TORONTO -- The newly appointed deputy Conservative party leader Leona Alleslev has apologized for comparing gay Pride parades to St. Patrick’s Day.

Alleslev made the comments in a radio conversation about the Conservative leader’s stance on same-sex marriage. Unlike other federal party leaders, Tory leader Andrew Scheer has never marched in a Pride parade.

“Have we asked anybody if they marched in a St. Patrick's Day parade?" Alleslev said on CBC Radio’s The House on Saturday morning. "I think that that's obviously his choice and we live in a country where that's his choice.”

Following the interview, Alleslev apologized in a series of tweets Saturday afternoon.

“I did not intend to make erroneous and hurtful comparisons -- I apologize unreservedly,” she wrote online. “Pride parades represent a wonderful celebration of the LGBTQ community and are an important symbol in the fight for LGBTQ rights.”

Before the apology, her radio remarks quickly took heat online.

“As a gay Canadian of Irish descent, I would like to ask @LeonaAlleslev to please, for the love of God, stop,” wrote Michael Connolly, a former NDP MLA in Calgary.

The NDP’s Charlie Angus also took to Twitter to condemn the original comments, writing that it is appropriate to ask politicians about their presence at Pride parades.

“It would be fitting to ask a Conservative leader why he refused to march in a St. Patrick's Day parade (150 years ago),” he wrote. “(In) 2019 Andrew Scheer needs to say why he refuses to celebrate Pride. @LeonaAlleslev better hope her party doesn't take 150 years to figure this no-brainer out.”

Echoing that sentiment, Toronto-based writer Jesse Hawken wrote on Twitter: “This comparison would work if there was still widespread and institutional discrimination against the Irish in Canada”

In her series of tweets, Alleslev said she has “always stood unequivocally in support of LGBTQ rights.”

“I am committed to being a strong progressive voice focussed [sic] on breaking down barriers to equal opportunity and ensuring that people from all communities can find a home in the Conservative Party like I did,” she wrote.

End of Article
Lol made me think of this

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
Where's the lie, though? Do these numbnuts actually think Pride has meant anything in the past 5 years, that the corps who emblazon things with rainbows for "muh gay pride" actually care? It's a bastardization of what it used to be, and thus, yes it is exactly like St. Patrick's Day. Just like you find kids coated in green to avoid being mercilessly pinched, so to do you find straight kids forced into drag by their famewhore parents.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
Where's the lie, though? Do these numbnuts actually think Pride has meant anything in the past 5 years, that the corps who emblazon things with rainbows for "muh gay pride" actually care? It's a bastardization of what it used to be, and thus, yes it is exactly like St. Patrick's Day. Just like you find kids coated in green to avoid being mercilessly pinched, so to do you find straight kids forced into drag by their famewhore parents.
To me the whole thing is nuts to begin with. Why should anyone have to justify their reasons for not going to a parade for something they have every right not to agree with?

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
As a massive faggot who's grandfather had an accent, I AM OFFENDED.

What lames fucks. To get so upset over entirely inane bullshit.
The replies to her apology (which she was exceptional for making) are amazing.

• Informative
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

deodorant

proud soldier in the war on christmas
kiwifarms.net
It would be fitting to ask a Conservative leader why he refused to march in a St. Patrick's Day parade (150 years ago)
Oh cool so they're totally conscious of the fact that they're basically mirroring in behavior the same zealous system of beliefs that condemned gays to death or castration. I was worried for a second that they weren't aware of the irony.

Being gay really is the most unenviable minority to be.

You don't get points for it, you get grouped in with trannies, the right wing hates you and wants to stone you to death, and the left wing wont stop trying to give you AIDs.

Just let us suck cock in peace you fucking pussy worshipping coomers.

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
1575184998573.png

There is absolutely no lie.

Vlinny Chan

Your dick is coming with me! :>
kiwifarms.net
In canada, it is mandatory to be gay and paticipate in gay activities as authorized by the Canadian Queer Council. Failure to comply will result in 5 years advance reeducation followed by weekly prostate and genital inspection performed by trained queer professionals until the subject is seen as a fit and willing contributer to the gay agenda.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
As a massive faggot who's grandfather had an accent, I AM OFFENDED.

What lames fucks. To get so upset over entirely inane bullshit.

I'm not entirely straight either but I fully admit that modern pride parades, at least the mainstream ones, are lame events where soulless corporations virtue signal and politicians are forced to kiss the pinky rings of leftist activists.

LateNightMuffin

kiwifarms.net
here is one of the responses to her apology

"When I was the first out #LGBT student at FHS here in #Fredericton back in 1992 I didn't hear about any Irish students having the shit kicked out of them because they were Irish. Or or hospitalized / commit suicide ... for just being suspected of being Irish. "

Maybe that's because you don't know any fucking history, asshole. You never heard of NINA signs? "No Irish Need Apply." You never heard of hundreds of years of British occupation? No, of course you haven't because you don't know shit about history.

And no, I'm not Irish. i just am sick of queer theory being the altar at which everyone must now worship.

It's extraordinary that attendance at queer pride marches is now mandatory. No, it's not. The queer movement is totalitarian. I can totally see why so many LGB distance themselves from this shitstorm.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
Wrong response: Apologize.
Correct response: "Pride parades these days do more harm for gay people than they do good. That public degeneracy (bondage gear, children in drag, open simulated masturbation) make it incalculably harder for gay rights activists in the rest of the world fighting for actual gay rights. Pride marches have become anti-police with gay police officers being told they're not welcome; they've become anti-lesbian as the trans movement has taken it over; and they've become anti-Right Wing as the movement has almost entirely been co-opted by hard Left. Pride is an opportunity for corporations and politicians to tweet about how much they support gay rights whilst turning a blind eye to oil-rich countries where gay people are executed for their sexuality. In short, I was wrong to compare St. Patrick's Day parades with Pride Parades, because the former is a lot less harmful."

Or just tweet this:
pride.jpg

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino