Designated Whiner Shitting Street - General non DSP-specific discussion and stupid questions goes here

DarkSoulsPhil

kiwifarms.net
Why do you think consideration just occurs because both parties got something out of it? A contract has no consideration if it is illegal, I can pay you 50 bucks to kill my neighbor who I hate. You got 50 bucks, I got rid of my neighbor, you think consideration is present in that contract? Jesus Christ, if a contract violates the law consideration can not exist.

A contract without consideration is not a contract. An 'illegal contract' may have consideration. The example you gave has consideration ($50 in exchange for murder) even though it is an illegal contract (because a contract cannot be used for crime)

I dont want to derail too much, but search for the Peppercorn Principle to read up on consideration.

Reactions: Draza and Haunter

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why do you keep harping about state law? Do you think state law ever trumps federal law?
Not to reignite this slapfight but state law trumps federal law all the fucking time. To use your example, my state has laws which supercede HIPAA in certain instances provided a court order can be obtained by state law enforcement.

OT, y'all niggaz hilarious using DSP's word, and nothing else, to track when Kat is supposedly working. She could be off sucking cock for twennies and you'd never know because Phil lies whenever the impulse enters his brain which is several thousand times a day.

James Smith

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
State law is irrelevant in the eyes of federal law. HIPAA prohibits the sharing of medical information such as disability status. What you listed in your last paragraph is subject to a fine up to one million fucking dollars not counting the civil action which has a limit of one point five million dollars.
HIPPA applies to your medical providers, not your employers.
Why do you keep harping about state law? Do you think state law ever trumps federal law?
Because there are state laws limiting disclosure of employment records and I'm trying to address the parts of your position that have some semblance of validity. There are no federal laws limiting this disclosure so I'm ignoring your position that there are until you provide some descriptions or names of those laws. Google "what can employers say about you" to read hundreds of millions of results saying this. There are no federal laws that limit this disclosure, so there are no federal laws to trump these state laws.
Why do you think consideration just occurs because both parties got something out of it? A contract has no consideration if it is illegal, I can pay you 50 bucks to kill my neighbor who I hate. You got 50 bucks, I got rid of my neighbor, you think consideration is present in that contract? Jesus Christ, if a contract violates the law consideration can not exist.
Sure consideration can be void, unenforceable, or illegal. If there is any consideration whatsoever that is not, the part of the contract that relies on that consideration remains valid. Are you suggesting allowing someone to work for you is illegal and that therefore the contract is invalid? No? Are you suggesting allowing someone to disclose your employment records to a third party is illegal and therefore the contract is invalid? Yes? You've described exactly zero situations where that's the case despite multiple walls of text ranting about employment discrimination.

You also keep referring to the concept of preemption in the same breath as consideration and they have basically nothing to do with each other. Preemption is what allows federal/state laws to invalidate state/local laws and what allows laws to invalidate private agreements. Preemption can occur even when proper consideration exists in a contract. This all loops back to the two overriding issues with your position: there are no higher laws to prohibit these waivers and your insistence on pushing other arguments that have nothing to do with it.
Why on earth do you think it’s perfectly fine for an employer to share your medical information? You can go to jail for doing that if it is determined you acted with malicious intent. People have gone to federal prison for it.
Because there's no law prohibiting people who aren't medical providers from sharing your medical information. Google "does HIPPA apply to employers?" to read a couple million results saying this.
Be honest. That was you who just dropped ten bucks on Phil in my name, wasn’t it?
I'm not the one acting like a retard about this.

James Smith

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
What's the cowboy hat's origin story? He bought it during one of his FGC road trips?

Yeah. He went to Tennessee for an SBO 2010 tournament qualifier in SF II Turbo and got it because he has a small penis and wanted to compensate like the Southerners do.

He beat Steve Tren
He lost to Ganelon
He lost to Rambo

1575871511349.png

https://curryallergy.blogspot.com/2010/03/yokohama-vision-ranbat-etc.html#comment-form https://archive.ph/MltpS

Last edited:

Synth

whatever
kiwifarms.net
Yeah. He went to Tennessee for an SBO 2010 tournament qualifier in SF II Turbo and got it because he has a small penis and wanted to compensate like the Southerners do.

He beat Steve Tren
He lost to Ganelon
He lost to Rambo

View attachment 1042589
https://curryallergy.blogspot.com/2010/03/yokohama-vision-ranbat-etc.html#comment-form https://archive.ph/MltpS

The post is truth.

Afrolegends was another ST DeeJay player, which is Phil's 'main' character save for counter-matches he feels confident in. He knew other chars well enough, but DeeJay was always his pick when playing people he thought might not be too good because DeeJay is really fucking easy to use. I say that because that's exactly the reason I picked DeeJay -- he's a poor man's Guile, so much easier to learn, and you can be very, very lazy with him. But, unlike Phil, I actually grew to love DeeJay and main'd him in SFIV after he was released (for the little bit I played the game), where he was absolute garbage.

You can even take this a step further and look at the matches from the year he placed 4th at Evo. He never really used DeeJay in any of those because the bullshit he relied on for 'easy wins' with him doesn't work against top players. I'm not going to say he's terrible at ST, because he's not, but I would take a bunch of games from him with my DeeJay vs. his Claw that you see him use so much in the videos you posted, and the Evo footage.

I could go on forever about how absurdly lazy his DeeJay play is (coming from a lazy DeeJay player), especially in the online matches he does nowadays, but it's whatever.

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I could go on forever about how absurdly lazy his DeeJay play is (coming from a lazy DeeJay player), especially in the online matches he does nowadays, but it's whatever.

How about a quick breakdown then? Even to my untrained eye, he clearly likes using a pattern of "Throw max-out. If opponent does X, do Y. If opponent does A, do Z."

Synth

whatever
kiwifarms.net
How about a quick breakdown then? Even to my untrained eye, he clearly likes using a pattern of "Throw max-out. If opponent does X, do Y. If opponent does A, do Z."

Well, DeeJay is just like Guile in that you want to force them to come to you. The one good thing he has over Guile is a crouching move that allows him to retain both charges (for projectile and AA) and advance forward, his c.rh slide. It's probably the worst slide in the game, but it not moving him far is a good thing, imo, since you can more accurately quickly walk backwards if you need to change the distance you want it to bring you forward. The short distance it moves him makes it less useful for getting under projectiles, but if you learn the timing you can still do it, and there's plenty of situations you can use it on reaction to projectiles at close distance to get a sweep counter-hit while sliding under. He's got amazing normals, a really good anti-air, and a great mixup game when he gets the chance to use it.

Phil doesn't really utilize any of this, though. He used to back in the day, but not anymore. He does do maxouts for spacing, which you should do, and tries to bait people into jumping at him to AA, which, again, you should do. It's his offense and mixups that he gets incredibly lazy with. DeeJay's probably one of the best tick-throwers in the game (throwing your opponent after the block stun of a weak move, like a jab, wears off), but that's basically all Phil does with him when he gets in. He doesn't go for counter-hit setups (which DeeJay is great at because of his amazing normals) or, on block, doesn't often go for crossup attempts (which DeeJay is also great at with his j.mk and j.d+lk, his knee attack, which actually changes the trajectory of his jump -- it's hard to combo off of, but it can be very disorienting), or really anything else. He just tick throws with him, 90% of the time off of a c.lp off of a j.mk, whether it connects or not.

Now, when it comes to fighting games, if your opponent can't stop something then just keep doing it. It's part of the genre, hell, the same thing applies to basically anything competitive. You force your opponent to commit to stopping something if they've shown they can't, and then you fake doing it and hit them with what counters the counter. It's like that DeathStroke clip ("Do you want to play the fucking game?"), where Phil goes full scrub-mode. If you can't get past something, that's your fault. It's part of the reason why the FGC basically doesn't ban characters or tactics or anything, and why the FGC looks down on Smash: the players refuse to change their strategy to accommodate the 'randomness' of stages and items, they just ban everything that makes the game unique instead.

So, I don't really blame Phil for doing what he does, because it's a product of the environment he's playing in: they're not the best players, they only play when Phil does, and they mostly only play Phil. But he's not playing DeeJay anywhere near his best, he's doing what he needs to do to win, which is trying to bait his opponents into jumping, playing a neutral projectile game, and tick-throwing. If he tried that shit against anyone competent he would get absolutely murdered.

As an addendum regarding Smash and the rest of the FGC:

I think it was the first year Smash was in Evo that they came to a sort of truce, where only like half of the shit was banned in order for it to be admitted. Top 8 at Evo East, West, and Vegas were still full of expected players, except maybe one or two instances where people felt that the players weren't worthy of the spot and they benefited from certain things not being banned. But Smash players refuse to try anything different instead of realizing that space control or being able to chase people down might become more pertinent to the game and open up options for them. The gripe is always something along the lines of "Well, if a player gets this item in this position on this stage, it's impossible to get in on them." Well, guess what, don't let it fucking happen! Your priority is now to make sure you have control of that side of the stage so they can't get there. Prioritize movement instead and don't let them get the item. Part of being talented at something is overcoming difficult or seemingly impossible situations. You see it all the time in other types of competition. Not in Smash. In Smash you just ban everything.

Last edited:

Slander Man

kiwifarms.net
I had thought it was a unanimous consensus that troll donating to DSP is a display of pure idiocy and only serves to give Phil exactly what he wants...money.
Apparently I was mistaken.
Soapqueen gives money to Phil to "troll" him. Move along there's no use. He is probably thirdeye. Would be funny if nigel gets his dox

Slander Man

kiwifarms.net
I doubt that, but I would like to know more about this pathetic individual that is third eye. How can one man become so broken and weak willed? It might be fascinating.
He's definitely a weird dood. He cheers and tips to try and bait Phil into some gold but he, as well as all other troll tippers, don't realize that the best salt Phil ever gives us is when he is getting low contributions. Who is really the moron? The guy giving the money or the guy receiving it?

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is Glo Gang meme? Is it some cringey rappers that Tevin is referencing for humor value? Is the name just silly sounding and the explanation of how it's a shortened form of Glory Boys Entertainment enhancing the absurdity of the name?

James Smith

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
What is Glo Gang
What is GLO GANG? Well it's GLO GANG is G-L-O-G-A-N-G
It is Glory Boyz, we are Glory Boyz Entertainment. It is GBE
But it's shortened, it's shortened, you know what I'm sayin'
So it's G-L-O Gang, and so the GLOry Boyz
You guys can say either one though, it don't matter
You know what I'm sayin'
I won't get offended, gang won't get offended
We are Glory Boyz, you know what I'm sayin'
But GLO GANG is just a, just a short abbreviation for Glory Boyz
You know what I'm sayin', just G-L-O-G-A-N-G, you know
We be on a lotta gang shit, we got everybody sayin' "gang" now
No squad, you know. We changed that, we changed to gang
It ain't none of that squad. I mean you know we got Savage Squad
You know that's my cousin, Fredo and nem. But um shit
We go by gang and none of that squad
But when cuz and nem come around you know it's squad
When Wop come around we rockin' with the squad
You know what I'm sayin'. But when we
When it's just gang, we be on that straight gang shit
You know what I'm sayin', gang and none of that squad
But anyways man back to the tape man

DarkSoulsPhil

kiwifarms.net
I doubt that, but I would like to know more about this pathetic individual that is third eye. How can one man become so broken and weak willed? It might be fascinating.
Likes dick girls, thinks his long cons against Dave (detractor memes in fan art) would work (it did, for 1 stream), hyper focused on dsp (went to ninja and badbunny with donations about Dave) and generally...pretty boring

He's not funny (sense of humour was boring) he's too rich for his own good, autistic (from his gay ops) and a degenerate (trannies)

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
What level of guilt can/does his lawyer share for letting him submit that bootleg set of paperwork?
The lawyer can't really be held accountable for their client lying to them. If she knowingly went along with this or suggested it though, that's another case.

Is this affecting DSP or his "business"? Is Kat affected by it since they're married?
Kat is unaffected by any and all debt accrued BEFORE the marriage. Any purchases afterwards are half on her, half on him.

Kheapathic

Good boy go to Heaven, bad boy go to New Jersey
kiwifarms.net
What is GLO GANG? Well it's GLO GANG is G-L-O-G-A-N-G

Tevin's last re-stream had an outro with clips of Phil edited together and doing the "What is GLO GANG."

Not sure the novelty of it will last, but was entertaining as a first time view.

SocietyLiver1488

kiwifarms.net
Heres my question: how many separate threads will phils bankruptcy spawn on these autistic forums?

􀂄 1-49
􀂆 50-99
􀂆 100-199
􀂆 200-999
􀂆 1,000-5,000
􀂆 5001-10,000
􀂆 10,001-25,000
􀂆 25,001-50,000
􀂆 50,001-100,000
􀂆 More than 100,000