Inactive Desmond Daniel Amofah / Etika / Etika World Network - Dead nigga

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehellguy

kiwifarms.net
So?

He was gonna jump off at some point well before this thread was a thing.

He was possibly so fucked that any plea to return that he read online felt like a threat demanding him to come back and "pay" for his wrongs, Tweet threads trying to coordinate evidence to find him before he hurt himself may have seemed to him like attempts to "hunt him down".

The Keemstar interview pretty much shows how destroyed he was at that point, I'm just somewhat relieved he didn't do it on camera.

Which makes all the dumb assholes fantasizing that they could have saved Etika if only they had the chance to become personal friends with him and play Smash with him every once in a while far more genuinely offensive than the people who are like "lol an hero to us all (F) what a clown no bitch niggaz" and moving on to the next subject of amusement.

Everyone who was genuinely personal friends with him did everything they could have done to help this guy over the last year, people saying "Well why didn't (person who knows Etika) do anything?" are pretty much thinking that just because every moment of Etika's life that they saw on camera was him fucking around watching videos and being a meme spewing dope that they actually have a complete understanding of everything that was going on in his life.

gay

accomplished poster
kiwifarms.net
He was alive for three days after the video? That's insane. He probably could have seen all the stuff about him.
i would hate to know if his suicide depended on the reaction his disappearance warranted, laying low digesting all the bullshit?

Crichax

Repented Before The Emperor
kiwifarms.net
Personally, Etika's death is too easy to joke about, IMO. You join the ranks of K-pop Twitter if you do such a thing.

At least "anhero" took some time and effort to come up with.

⋖ cørdion ⋗

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly surprised people so easily let him off the hook. Yes, it's "on" his friends for not aiding, but at the same time, he did nothing in the sober moments. It wasn't a quick period towards the end that killed him; it was repeating scenarios of attention whoring. Yet, people just go "welp mental condition :)" and ignore the several streams of idiocy as if him screaming like a soy-boy at Nintendo suddenly made him the greatest person.

He's more niche than pyrocynical.

thehellguy

kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly surprised people so easily let him off the hook. Yes, it's "on" his friends for not aiding, but at the same time, he did nothing in the sober moments. It wasn't a quick period towards the end that killed him; it was repeating scenarios of attention whoring. Yet, people just go "welp mental condition :)" and ignore the several streams of idiocy as if him screaming like a soy-boy at Nintendo suddenly made him the greatest person.

He's more niche than pyrocynical.

How the fuck are people assuming his friends didn't try to help him?

Do people think that just because he didn't have a on-stream "intervention" that it didn't happen, MULTIPLE times.

Heck people who know him have express concerned about his mental health before ANY of his proper "breakdowns" that contextualized his behavior as something worse than benign hype or eccentricity.

And even during his actual episodes the main symptom he was showing was blocking IRL friends and strangers on social media who made any attempt at "helping" or not going along with his madness.

EDIT: Anyway, yeah I don't think that gives him a free pass either, its all up to that nebulous concept of to what degree is someone totally outwardly functional but too damaged to even attempt self help or seek pro help.

Last edited:

Dumbchan

hi
kiwifarms.net
People have stated he's shown multiple times of having mental issues even before he had breakdowns, but people did not make a huge deal out of it, due to them assuming it was "Just Etika being Dark" and it's "His Humor".

Even if it's dark humor, it's dark humor that turned worse as it progressed. He's likely been having issues for years.

Etika didn't want help. He shut help off for a reason, and likely felt like a burden overtime. His only escape was anheroing.

.Woody

I am the snake in my boot
kiwifarms.net
People have stated he's shown multiple times of having mental issues even before he had breakdowns, but people did not make a huge deal out of it, due to them assuming it was "Just Etika being Dark" and it's "His Humor".

Even if it's dark humor, it's dark humor that turned worse as it progressed. He's likely been having issues for years.

Etika didn't want help. He shut help off for a reason, and likely felt like a burden overtime. His only escape was anheroing.
Ha. Dark humor. Dead black man.

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, Imjastation is kinda moral flexing on people. I mean, you kinda need to be a douche to say that you're good and saying that you're donating money to this situation in an attempt to put down people who are disliking your video for how it's being presented and etc.

Even then, I may not be a fan of the rip off of Gerald from Hey Arnold:
View attachment 817018

But considering that the Jaystation titled the video like that, had the thumbnail... And has actually profited off of death before (I believe it was with xxxtentacion but don't quote me on that...)

Not to mention, as this thread has already shown, kinda shows that Jaystation was talking out of his ass on the subject. Like for how Etika didn't get help - He did. He was admitted into an institution, but that didn't last long. Not to mention, as @Diabeetus stated throughout this thread, Etika made the situation at Best murky, and at worst really hard to take him seriously.

I think there's justifiable reasoning to hate Jaystation's video, the morale-grandstanding is just the cherry on top of his shit.
What's the over/under on the amount of time until JayStation gets his own thread on here? He's way too attention-hungry to not have done incredibly dumb shit that we can laugh at.
I'll see if I can give it a shot.

After about 2 weeks or so, I come bearing the fruits of my labor:

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I find it genuinely sad the only reason this guy is at all well known is because he killed himself. It reminds me of how Van Gogh was obsessed with being recognized for his art and only became recognized after he shot himself.

Diabeetus

The hyeckin frickyen sweetist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Etika’s apartment is for rent. They’re asking for $3,300 a month.

Listing Archive

If I were of dubious character, I’d call and ask why the former tenant is moving out.
JayStation should buy Etika's apartment, just to show how much he loves and misses him.

Status
Not open for further replies.