Desmond Daniel Amofah (Etika) was detained by police after twitter meltdown

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
He should have pointed a Joy-Con like a guy to really spook the cop.

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
Honestly I wouldn't consider Etika a lolcow. He's just extremely disturbed and mentally ill. Compared to other streamers, at least from what I see, he's not inherently malicious. He overracts to shit, but that's pretty much the worst I've seen from him so far.

That being said, the guy is going through the classic signs of mania as some people pointed out. And sadly he's just another person to show how revealing EVERYTHING on YT and not taking a break is extremely unhealthy. The guy clearly should avoid SM because it's not healthy for him in the long run. SM constantly rewards people for hurting themselves and doing stupid and horrible shit. It's no wonder this got so much attention.

People have been saying streamers can't have a life, but I disagree. There are plenty of streamers who know when to fucking quit. But people like Etika take it too far. Sometimes people don't need to know everything and sometimes that's for the best not only for your sanity but your own reputation. I know for a fact he got some rather angry letters from fans about how he's been treating his own mental illness. Something that could've been avoided if he just didn't say anything. I don't know about you, but I would hate fans telling me I "let them down" because they look up to you. And while I find seeing streamers as role models dumb, I can't say I don't understand why people do it.

I'll be cautiously optimistic, but honestly the dude needs more constant help (something I doubt he's getting at this point). No more SM, no more YT, no more publicity. The guy receiving attention is only going to make his shit even worse. But honestly I'm not even sure if it's possible at this point.

downwardspiral

Swaos
kiwifarms.net

Video Games

WASH YOUR HAIR!
kiwifarms.net
The problem with people who are already addicted to attention is that it's hard to tell if they're truly sick or if this is the next step in their quest for views. When some nobody with no internet presence starts yelling about being the antichrist, sure, that guy is probably having some flare-up of a psychotic disorder. But watching this, I can't tell if this Etika says "I'm the antichrist" so calmly because he believes it, or because it's the next step in drawing attention to himself. I mean, it worked!

Wheezy Asthmatic

Don't forget, you're here forever
Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly I wouldn't consider Etika a lolcow. He's just extremely disturbed and mentally ill. Compared to other streamers, at least from what I see, he's not inherently malicious. He overracts to shit, but that's pretty much the worst I've seen from him so far.

That being said, the guy is going through the classic signs of mania as some people pointed out. And sadly he's just another person to show how revealing EVERYTHING on YT and not taking a break is extremely unhealthy. The guy clearly should avoid SM because it's not healthy for him in the long run. SM constantly rewards people for hurting themselves and doing stupid and horrible shit. It's no wonder this got so much attention.

People have been saying streamers can't have a life, but I disagree. There are plenty of streamers who know when to fucking quit. But people like Etika take it too far. Sometimes people don't need to know everything and sometimes that's for the best not only for your sanity but your own reputation. I know for a fact he got some rather angry letters from fans about how he's been treating his own mental illness. Something that could've been avoided if he just didn't say anything. I don't know about you, but I would hate fans telling me I "let them down" because they look up to you. And while I find seeing streamers as role models dumb, I can't say I don't understand why people do it.

I'll be cautiously optimistic, but honestly the dude needs more constant help (something I doubt he's getting at this point). No more SM, no more YT, no more publicity. The guy receiving attention is only going to make his shit even worse. But honestly I'm not even sure if it's possible at this point.
Strongly disagree. The most popular threads on here are from people who are clearly insane. Etika being released within 72 hours despite being involuntarily committed can mean either he is faking this or that the NY Health Department doesn't know what to do with him. Either way, the dude is a cow. He started off as a sperg and has now degenerated into this ongoing stunt for the past 6 months. He isn't just a spectacle in himself, he's dragging other people into this whether he realizes it or not and their reactions are all the more reason that he's a dramacow ready to be milked. Hell, one of his " friends " is already milking him by continuing to encourage him. GCPM sees absolutely nothing wrong with Etika in this situation (which is horrifying) and is actually blaming the NYPD for doing their job. Dude is completely misrepresenting the whole situation in order to do so. He's pathetic and if anyone IRL is really trying to look out for Etika, they need to keep those two away from each other
https://archive.md/UFTiM
https://archive.md/DGz3k

Also it looks like someone from PhillyD's Rogue Rocket Team has reached out looking for comment. Tweet he posted after is not promising. Best to just look out for the Keemstar interview
https://archive.md/eCWjA
https://archive.md/DEOAe

downwardspiral

Swaos
kiwifarms.net
The problem with people who are already addicted to attention is that it's hard to tell if they're truly sick or if this is the next step in their quest for views. When some nobody with no internet presence starts yelling about being the antichrist, sure, that guy is probably having some flare-up of a psychotic disorder. But watching this, I can't tell if this Etika says "I'm the antichrist" so calmly because he believes it, or because it's the next step in drawing attention to himself. I mean, it worked!
if he just wanted views he wouldn't have gotten his old channel taken down