Despite his claims, DSP is still spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the WWE Champions mobile game -

God, when I think of what Phil could've done with all that money instead of give it to the most soulless video game developer I've ever seen...

That might be a good idea for a thread: Stuff That DSP Should've Spent That Champions Money On.

If we're assuming it's over $40k, a brand new high spec Ford Mustang. Or almost every console ever mad, more games than you could ever play and a state of the art tv and sound system.

Reactions: Full Race Replay

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
I agree.

You are not allowed to have the same account on a different phone? You aren't allowed to change your name either. With a $40,000+ account, there is always an exception.
But then the open wallet is gone.
Scopely can't have that. They rather grand him bonus packs for HALF the price so it's EXTREMELY cheap, you know what I mean.

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
I agree.

You are not allowed to have the same account on a different phone? You aren't allowed to change your name either. With a $40,000+ account, there is always an exception.
You can have the same account on multiple devices. Or at least a lot of newer-ish games allow it if it is tied to your Google or Apple accounts. I've had pokemon go on multiple devices at the same time, there's one other time-waster that is just linked to my Google account and I am able to bounce back and forth freely between phone, tablet, or pc emulator. Unless they're full-on wallet nazis (scopely likes shekels too much to be this), they'll let you migrate your account from device to device if signed in on the same Google/apple account.

There was this one battle card game some years ago (rage of titans, or some shit like that) that I got into with a few coworkers. Pretty much pay to do better than closed wallets, but you COULD succeed without dropping a single cent. This game was super locked down. If you played on one device, lost it, and wanted to pick it back up on a different device... They slapped you down and said NOPE! I had upgraded my phone, and when I sent a non-phil-like email to support asking to connect back to the new phone, was emphatically told no. Dropped that game immediately.

strandedcastaway

kiwifarms.net
It doesn't matter whether you can sell an account or not. Phil has no desire to sell the account and quit, or start over from scratch with a new account. He has poured tens of thousands of dollars into this account. It's his one enjoyment in life. It's like asking if the alcoholic could sell his bottle of gin to someone else. He's a lot more likely to buy 10 more bottles than sell the one he has.

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
You can have the same account on multiple devices. Or at least a lot of newer-ish games allow it if it is tied to your Google or Apple accounts. I've had pokemon go on multiple devices at the same time, there's one other time-waster that is just linked to my Google account and I am able to bounce back and forth freely between phone, tablet, or pc emulator. Unless they're full-on wallet nazis (scopely likes shekels too much to be this), they'll let you migrate your account from device to device if signed in on the same Google/apple account.

There was this one battle card game some years ago (rage of titans, or some shit like that) that I got into with a few coworkers. Pretty much pay to do better than closed wallets, but you COULD succeed without dropping a single cent. This game was super locked down. If you played on one device, lost it, and wanted to pick it back up on a different device... They slapped you down and said NOPE! I had upgraded my phone, and when I sent a non-phil-like email to support asking to connect back to the new phone, was emphatically told no. Dropped that game immediately.

Yeah. The TOS for these kinds of games that straddle thenline between gambling and gaming are usually written tighter than Chris-Chan’s vagina.

In reality the practice is usually quite different.

I also use a couple of card collecting apps with similar strict terms of service. In reality, I’ve accessed accounts from multiple devices and moved them to new devices without as much as a peep.

(Why are they written that way then? The sceptical Kiwi might ask... Got no clue. Ask Nick Rekieta.)

As for selling accounts, that’s always against the TOS, since they want to avoid the possibility of getting sued, etc.

But again, in practice the TOS aren’t strictly enforced as the lively trade in Champions accounts show.

(And it could be argued that a small grey market in “second hand” accounts is in the developers interest. True, it’s a transaction that bypasses them. But at the same time it gives an illusion of value for the players. “I’m not just wasting money on jpgs! It’s kind of an investment that I can sell one day if I lose interest!”)

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
He could advertise his account as "the only wwe c. account with a name thats longer than 15 letters".
Or just wait a bit and then sell it. It’s not like trolls would harass the guy who bought it.

(Heck, it’s not like anyone knows about DSP and would know the account is controversial.)

If Phil was really smart, he’d sell it and make a new one that he could show on stream on his phone.

“SEE DOOD! It’s like I told you, the account they claimed is mine, is not my account at all!”

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He could advertise his account as "the only wwe c. account with a name thats longer than 15 letters".
...... That is an extremely good catch there, how did you notice that?
The only accounts on the leaderboard with more than 15 letters are all obviously "suspicious":

943b95383e72e86a39253cd406e6da69
c4ebb262cb55452ba7aa659eb1f949e6
e1d5305fe1c74f7ab488d1d5d7c1e21b

And of course: DownFromTheRafters

Sparkletor 2.0

My first Jonbenet accidentally died
kiwifarms.net
...... That is an extremely good catch there, how did you notice that?
The only accounts on the leaderboard with more than 15 letters are all obviously "suspicious":

943b95383e72e86a39253cd406e6da69
c4ebb262cb55452ba7aa659eb1f949e6
e1d5305fe1c74f7ab488d1d5d7c1e21b

And of course: DownFromTheRafters
Somebody tried to make a new account and was only allowed to type "Downfromtheraft" before he hit the character limit.

Are those weird looking accounts active? They could just be accounts created by the devs to test for bugs or new mechanics.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are those weird looking accounts active? They could just be accounts created by the devs to test for bugs or new mechanics.
One was fairly active. In the 5/1 faction feud, Phil (TheyCallMeDSP) got 33rd place with 8686637 points, and 943b95383e72e86a39253cd406e6da69 (faction: DXReinvention) was 1811th place with 3029626 points.

The other two were active as well, but much less.

PlayerFactionPoints
943b95383e72e86a39253cd406e6da69​
DXReinvention​
c4ebb262cb55452ba7aa659eb1f949e6​
TheEndBegins​
e1d5305fe1c74f7ab488d1d5d7c1e21b​
2vement​
100000000000000000​
REJEX​

These all seem to be normal factions - not "Loner" single-user ones or over the 100-member limit or anything.

the khat quaffer

resplendent!
kiwifarms.net
I like how the name of the cheapest pack is basically insulting anyone would buys it.
Sometimes I think there's something to this thing.

LowTierGod used to have his lowest youtube membership tier (lol) called the 'Peasant Pledge', at like $2/month. That made me chuckle to be honest. Now the lowest / cheapest pledge is called 'Basic Covenant Pledge.' Not so funny IMO. He routinely shits on low donations and insults people for doing chargebacks on anything less than $10. Routinely abuses the lowest-pledge members. One might wonder if this doesn't dissuade would-be paypigs from throwing $3 or $5 his way. Whether we can quantify the long-term impact of this specific model or not, it does seem to work. He does have a cult mindset over some of the regulars. His covenant fuckery does bring a smile to my face though I would never ever ever ever ever give him any money. He would not be as interesting to me if he was a nice guy.

On the other side, WWEC seems to have an iron grip over its paypigs with this bare-minimum effort app. The things I've seen in this thread make me almost nauseous with disgust at Scopely and disgust/pity for the players. If this was a sitcom I'd have told the writers to tone it down with the overtly predatory bad guy they introduced. 'Guys guys, come on now, this company is too evil and lazy, it just wouldn't work in reality.'

Maybe by pricing their rassler pulls so high and sneak-dissing the lower user investments, they cross a kind of inflection point and people fall for it. That and the FOMO (fear of missing out) business model, they might have struck a goldmine.

Tags
None