Despite his claims, DSP is still spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the WWE Champions mobile game -

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how will Phil react when his phone eventually breaks. I know it's old (an iPhone 5s, I think?).
Will he beg for extra money or buy a new one without telling?
How long can he abstain from his gacha?
Now that we know he gets special favors from Scopely technical support staff, at least he doesn't have to worry about losing his Champions account with the old phone. They will simply allow him to transfer it to the new phone, no questions asked.

K. V. Bones

The Internet Investigator
kiwifarms.net
Mildly off topic as it's not related to Phil directly, how the fuck do people spend so much on microtransactions? I can hardly bring myself to buy a sweet skin I know I wont regret buying. Yet these people buy out the entire stock. Thing is there is no stock. Just digital goods.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mildly off topic as it's not related to Phil directly, how the fuck do people spend so much on microtransactions? I can hardly bring myself to buy a sweet skin I know I wont regret buying. Yet these people buy out the entire stock. Thing is there is no stock. Just digital goods.
Part of it must be desensitization. Champions is not Phil's first mobile game that he has whaled out on. By the time he started playing Champions, he had already become accustomed to wasting thousands on mobile games, no shame or regret or second thoughts.

K. V. Bones

The Internet Investigator
kiwifarms.net
Part of it must be desensitization. Champions is not Phil's first mobile game that he has whaled out on. By the time he started playing Champions, he had already become accustomed to wasting thousands on mobile games, no shame or regret or second thoughts.
I dont even blame dsp as much of a cow as he is. It's like a gambling addiction. I cant wait for more regulations to be put in place.

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how will Phil react when his phone eventually breaks. I know it's old (an iPhone 5s, I think?).
Will he beg for extra money or buy a new one without telling?
How long can he abstain from his gacha?
He would buy a new phone within 5 seconds, he's not poor he just wastes his money on gatcha, the phone is a business expense dood. But he would absolutely complain on stream for sympathy bucks.

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
He would buy a new phone within 5 seconds, he's not poor he just wastes his money on gatcha, the phone is a business expense dood. But he would absolutely complain on stream for sympathy bucks.
Wouldn’t they just shove a new phone at him and stick it to his contract?

Phil strikes me as the kind of guy carriers love: Someone who sticks to his contract for years out of laziness and never shops around.

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
Wouldn’t they just shove a new phone at him and stick it to his contract?

Phil strikes me as the kind of guy carriers love: Someone who sticks to his contract for years out of laziness and never shops around.
Probably but I could also see him being like "Well I gotta upgrade to the newest phone now."

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
Probably but I could also see him being like "Well I gotta upgrade to the newest phone now."
With a little straw man thrown in. Phil loves those.

“Some of the detractors are like ‘Phil got a new phone, isn’t he supposed to be bankrupt, he can use a landline!’ Because they’re stupid, immature children who don’t understand that I have a business to run! And you can run a business today writing letters, you need a phone! Fucking idiots! ACK ACK ACK!

LyteSydeByll

kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure Hearthstone wasn't the first gacha he played, but it does make the whole "I'll drop $300 to buy some packs and I'll start winning" mentality even funnier when you think about how much he's spent on Champions to be a "winner."

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net
With a little straw man thrown in. Phil loves those.

“Some of the detractors are like ‘Phil got a new phone, isn’t he supposed to be bankrupt, he can use a landline!’ Because they’re stupid, immature children who don’t understand that I have a business to run! And you can run a business today writing letters, you need a phone! Fucking idiots! ACK ACK ACK!
And he again would be absolutely wrong. What he does, doesn't require a phone at all. A simple flip phone would be more than enough. Everything else can be done through the computer.

lavrentiyberia

kiwifarms.net

Here's a glimpse of an alternate reality where DSP proposes to bring WWE mobile gaming to his stream. The video is from 2014. Tevin, watching in 2018, makes this comment:

I like how he can tell us ahead of time that he has ‘advanced tips’ for a mobile game. But when he plays any console game in existence ever, he has nothing. He don't know what to do, he didn't block, he dodged, all of that. Couldn't block, couldn't do this, combo didn't come out… But when he picks up a mobile game: ‘I've got advanced strategies. I can teach you how to do good at this game because I spent $1000 on cards in it. I know what I'm doing. Just buy an iTunes card like me, and you can be just as good!

actually

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jesus, 2014. Imagine how much money this faggot has sunk in mobile games if he's been whaling at multiple games for so many years.
Literally several tens of thousands. He fessed up to spending a few thousand on WWE Supercard (so probably more like $5k-$10k), I found his Marvel: Future Fight whale account, WWE Champions (obviously), and he's played some Tekken game that has since shut down, DBZ Dokken Battle (he talked about pulls there, so probably whaled out on that one as well), and Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius. There's a not-insignificant chance he's spent close to $100k on mobile games.

Gramh

Sega 3DS System: Fronting Sonichu
kiwifarms.net
Literally several tens of thousands. He fessed up to spending a few thousand on WWE Supercard (so probably more like $5k-$10k), I found his Marvel: Future Fight whale account, WWE Champions (obviously), and he's played some Tekken game that has since shut down, DBZ Dokken Battle (he talked about pulls there, so probably whaled out on that one as well), and Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius. There's a not-insignificant chance he's spent close to $100k on mobile games.
Mobile gaming needs that money to pay it's bills dood!

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
Fucking hell, man. I'm not immune to dropping coin on frivolous things from time to time. An extra soda, a machete at the tool store.... Semi-reasonable things. Trying to wrap my noodle around throwing the kind of money at dogshit mobile games is just too much for me.

The amount of money (that we'll never actually know) Phil has dumped into gacha pulls would be more than enough to pay off any debt I have, put offspring through school, and put together a real rainy day fund.

Yet, we're the mentally ill nudniks that torture him so.

SojiroSakura

kiwifarms.net
Part of it could be just the superiority complex he has where he tries makes himself sound like he's the master of video games. It's how he's always been, he talks big like he knows it all but as soon as the controller is in his hands suddenly the whole world fucks with him and he can't share his master knowledge.

Tags
None