Despite his claims, DSP is still spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the WWE Champions mobile game -

DarkSoulsPhil

kiwifarms.net
are the digital husbando cards even tradable, aside from selling the whole account? edit: and I don't mean tradable for other worthless cards, I mean tradable for real money.
Almost certainly not. It was mentioned in this thread earlier but TF2 had a trading system. And sure Steam got a cut of the keys money. But, why have a cut when you own everything about this game, write the rules and can have 100% of the cut vs 99% or less?

ITS GREED, ITS GREED. GREED IS MASSIVELY STRONG (DARK HAS NO SELF CONTROL)

Rubea Meretrix

kiwifarms.net
Ehhhh I wouldn’t go that far. The Nightmare and Magicite dungeons require maxed out chars, and the best weapons and soul breaks. And you need them for every element which means you need a lot of maxed out chars and gear.
Nightmare Dungeons (1.0, not the JP 2.0) have been powercrept and with the gear the game throws at you, easily doable. They're basically gimmick fights, not gear checks.
Magicite Dungeons, other than certain fights (like Bio Odin) can be cleared with poverty setups or with free gear. I myself I'm a F2P and I'm loaded with great soul breaks that make those easily doable and the Lens Shop allows you to buy soulbreaks, including some extremely busted ones that are relevant years after their release.

The best weapons are artifacts, which use a different currency other than the buyable one and are given out on events.

And other than KH characters, any character can be bought with items given weekly on log-in or biweekly on events. Assuming you don't have them from dungeons or events.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
Of all the games to whale in, it's this shit.
What's with the bejeweled gameplay?

I hate to judge since I play Fate/Grand Order, but I mean come on. To drop 10,000$+ on a gay husbando simulator? Have at least a modicum of self-respect.
Yeah it's fucking terrible on top of that. I tried to get into it just to be an extra body to check up on Philbert here but holy shit; Couldn't get through the tutorial.

It has some dudebro shit 2000s music blaring at you all the time and the UI is so atrocious. It's just candy crush with copy pasted wrestler models fucking eachother in the rink. God speed to anyone who can get through that.

@tzgnilki
is there any sort of advantage to being high VIP or is it just a whale badge?

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
Yeah it's fucking terrible on top of that. I tried to get into it just to be an extra body to check up on Philbert here but holy shit; Couldn't get through the tutorial.

It has some dudebro shit 2000s music blaring at you all the time and the UI is so atrocious. It's just candy crush with copy pasted wrestler models fucking eachother in the rink. God speed to anyone who can get through that.

@tzgnilki
is there any sort of advantage to being high VIP or is it just a whale badge?
I took one for the team and tried going into animal crossing to look for kat, I won't be doing that again, as soon as I unlocked the function to search for players, I just searched for darksydephil. theycallmedsp, chaosrealm01, then deleted that shit

VIP whale perks

extra health % when using med kits, I can only imagine what health dsp's wrestlers have

bonus lootboxes after completing matches, I think the standard max is 8 lootboxes if you do a 3 star match, which means you have to beat the enemy quick, and if you're level 8 VIP you get an extra 8 lootboxes, I don't know if there's more than 8 extra for being level 12, the u.i only shows 8 empty VIP boxes if you don't have VIP

55% increase in VIP points when you make a purchase, each level has 5% increase from 1-13, I wonder if that changes the estimates on that list, might be $9,000 to level 13 instead of $18,000, dsp's kinda discount, jokes aside, that chart was old and idk if the discounts were accounted for

and auto complete tickets, ai vs ai, just load your guy and ai will play I think

edit: discount is accounted for in the $38k from VIP 8-13

EA747385-7576-42A1-B9E1-17F155C0CA42.jpeg

Last edited:

the khat quaffer

resplendent!
kiwifarms.net
I took one for the team and tried going into animal crossing to look for kat, I won't be doing that again, as soon as I unlocked the function to search for players, I just searched for darksydephil. theycallmedsp, chaosrealm01, then deleted that shit

VIP whale perks

extra health % when using med kits, I can only imagine what health dsp's wrestlers have

bonus lootboxes after completing matches, I think the standard max is 8 lootboxes if you do a 3 star match, which means you have to beat the enemy quick, and if you're level 8 VIP you get an extra 8 lootboxes, I don't know if there's more than 8 extra for being level 12, the u.i only shows 8 empty VIP boxes if you don't have VIP

55% increase in VIP points when you make a purchase, each level has 5% increase from 1-13, I wonder if that changes the estimates on that list, might be $9,000 to level 13 instead of $18,000, dsp's kinda discount, jokes aside, that chart was old and idk if the discounts were accounted for

and auto complete tickets, ai vs ai, just load your guy and ai will play I think

Off topic but, I know that that's not *literally* Spanish, but as a Spanish speaker, jesus christ it's the exact same thing. Call me Peggy Hill I guess.

Yeah, the few screenshots I've seen of this dogshit game are pretty awful to look at. The ugly and large font choices, the bright colors, the large buttons, the terrible windows XP-tier icons for everything, absolute waste of screen real estate everywhere...it's like baby's first iphone app from the mid 2000s, only it's over a decade later. I could have predicted the shitty music you mentioned just from looking at it. Every single screenshot has been offensive to my senses.

The fact that they can scam idiots out of thousands-tens of thousands using this lazy ass setup alone makes me sperg out. Shit like this is what keeps apps and games in general from progressing technologically in the current year. Why bother innovating when you can just do this and make the big bucks?

OTOH, I think Metokur said it best: people like DSP are single-handedly holding back the gaming world. DSP is the idiot that goes into a gaming test audience then complains the game is too complicated and too hard, and the devs push back a lot of features and make the game into basically a playable movie. With an app, you also get to squeeze money out of idiots like Phil as he plays his game movie.

Last edited:

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net

MoonRocker

kiwifarms.net
Ultimately, this proves that Phil suffers from a gambling addiction and does indeed display many traits often found in people with addictive personalities. Which explains a lot of his behaviors and where his money disappears to.

The better part of me would like to help him but given his extensive history of being a miserable asshole on the internet, i say let him ruin himself into bankruptcy due to his uncontrollable gambling urges.

WutangLee

I'll think of something witty to put on here later
kiwifarms.net
Has he ever made a video on these mobile games? All things considered, how would he be able to sink in all this effort without so much as mentioning it from time to time.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Martys_not_smarty

darkwingosonichugorl

duhuhuhuhuhuh
kiwifarms.net
Ultimately, this proves that Phil suffers from a gambling addiction and does indeed display many traits often found in people with addictive personalities. Which explains a lot of his behaviors and where his money disappears to.

The better part of me would like to help him but given his extensive history of being a miserable asshole on the internet, i say let him ruin himself into bankruptcy due to his uncontrollable gambling urges.
Phil shows every sign of an addictive gambler. Every time he talks about these mobile games, it's how they're all money sinks and he's above falling for that now... while still playing the game.

Who knows how far this goes, as well. He's said the same spiel about lottery tickets that he used to buy.

Tags
None