Despite his claims, DSP is still spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the WWE Champions mobile game -

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's a good theory in some streams, but we've also seen DSP leave in the middle of sub bombs or tip wars and then rail against other streamers who "sell out" by working overtime. That's how pinwheel he is with his schedule.
Very true. His "schedule" rigidity is one of the funniest things about him. He acts like he has literally no choice but to stop when he does, even though he determines basically everything about his stream.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Very true. His "schedule" rigidity is one of the funniest things about him. He acts like he has literally no choice but to stop when he does, even though he determines basically everything about his stream.
The funniest part to me, and I may get this wrong because I wasn't there for that stream, was when he came back from his break during a Mass Effect stream, but XBox Live was crashing, and DSP said that it was impossible for him to play something else if he couldn't play ME2 right then and there. Sadly, Live started working again.

The only time I've ever seen DSP deviate from his schedule was when he raqequit that Mario v Sonic Olympics game.

QuadDamage

kiwifarms.net
If you manage to get off meth, you just continue to stay away from it. Money is integral to the gambling disorder. It's like gambling addiction is a dysfunctional way of interacting with money like anorexia is a dysfunctional way of interacting with food, and it's not like you can just avoid money the rest of your life.
This is extremely accurate and I'd like to add a bit for anyone who brushed through and didn't appreciate it. Addictions to ACTUAL drugs are an entirely different monster than behavioral addictions, which are honestly closer to a full blown mental illness.

When someone decides to snort something that hijacks their brain chemistry and replaces everything they love with the drug? They're still responsible for doing the drug in the first place, but the effects on their brain are outside their control. People can't realistically DECIDE to stop being addicted to heroin. It's not an option that's available to them. They have to decide to find help, which is honestly an act of strength when they have a now-broken brain that's telling them to ignore help and find more heroin.

Behavioral addictions? People who have food addictions, gambling addictions, destructive all-consuming fetishes and what have you, they aren't normal drug addicts. There's something fundamentally wrong with how their brain works. Their thought process contains a critical flaw that makes them less functional than a normal human. They have a fundamental inability to avoid destructive behavior if given free reign, because their addiction has nothing to do with the specific thing they're using as a coping mechanism and everything to do with a complete lack of control in a specific aspect.

Getting a junkie to drop the needle is a huge victory. It means you spoke to the humanity they have left and made them realize they want to come back. They aren't completely gone. They miss being a human and want to change. But someone with a behavioral addiction is already gone unless they can admit there's something fundamentally flawed with their thought process. Because you can ultimately stop smoking meth or snorting crushed up pills. But if you have a literal fortune in your bank account and you give it all to a mobile game that offers nothing in return? You're just broken. Broken in a way that will always repeat as long as you have a shred of freedom.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
But if you have a literal fortune in your bank account and you give it all to a mobile game that offers nothing in return? You're just broken. Broken in a way that will always repeat as long as you have a shred of freedom.
DSP will never be financial secure until he no longer has control over his own finances.

DSP has stopped paying his credit cards and the CT condo mortgage due to the bankruptcy. By my rough estimation, that should save him $4000 PER MONTH. He was paying approximately $2700 in interest on the credit card payments alone, and the minimum payments are always a little more than the interest accrued so that the principle actually goes down over time.

Despite not having that $4000/month in expenses any longer, DSP is still claiming to be so short on cash that he needed help buying his two games this week. While DSP could have been lying, I think it's more accurate that he's taking that "freed up money" and putting it straight to the bills/Champions.

Last edited:

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
This is extremely accurate and I'd like to add a bit for anyone who brushed through and didn't appreciate it. Addictions to ACTUAL drugs are an entirely different monster than behavioral addictions, which are honestly closer to a full blown mental illness.

When someone decides to snort something that hijacks their brain chemistry and replaces everything they love with the drug? They're still responsible for doing the drug in the first place, but the effects on their brain are outside their control. People can't realistically DECIDE to stop being addicted to heroin. It's not an option that's available to them. They have to decide to find help, which is honestly an act of strength when they have a now-broken brain that's telling them to ignore help and find more heroin.

Behavioral addictions? People who have food addictions, gambling addictions, destructive all-consuming fetishes and what have you, they aren't normal drug addicts. There's something fundamentally wrong with how their brain works. Their thought process contains a critical flaw that makes them less functional than a normal human. They have a fundamental inability to avoid destructive behavior if given free reign, because their addiction has nothing to do with the specific thing they're using as a coping mechanism and everything to do with a complete lack of control in a specific aspect.

Getting a junkie to drop the needle is a huge victory. It means you spoke to the humanity they have left and made them realize they want to come back. They aren't completely gone. They miss being a human and want to change. But someone with a behavioral addiction is already gone unless they can admit there's something fundamentally flawed with their thought process. Because you can ultimately stop smoking meth or snorting crushed up pills. But if you have a literal fortune in your bank account and you give it all to a mobile game that offers nothing in return? You're just broken. Broken in a way that will always repeat as long as you have a shred of freedom.
Yeah. In casual language sure, Phil's addicted to this shit, but in clinical terminology it's important to note the distinction between an addiction and a compulsion. The terminology can get a bit muddled because addictions can cause compulsive behavior, but all compulsions are not addictive behavior. In pure clinical terms Phil's relationship with this game is most likely not an addiction, he doesn't have a physical or psychological dependence on playing the game to the point he doesn't even feel the reward of getting sweaty half-naked.jpegs and winning matches of Bejeweled while they dance he just needs to do it to feel normal. He isn't sinking money into WWE Champions because he NEEDS a hit, he's doing it because he WANTS to and has poor impulse control.

What Phil has regarding this game is a compulsion similar to the general compulsive behavior he regularly exhibits. He talks about it in various different aspects of his life that there seems to be this voice in his head chanting "I have to. I have to! I HAVE TO! I HAVE TO!!" that crops up with various different activities. With WWE Champions it seems like he literally feels like he's 'Gotta catch 'em all'. When he gets a bronze PS trophy and says, "OHH! Just got a trophy! 'You just tied your shoes for the first time' Huh-huh, NICE!" and people wonder why he acts like this about a digital sticker you automatically are given during the tutorial. My guess would be a generalized Impulse Control Disorder. We've certainly seen him exhibiting compulsive shopping periodically, he seems to exhibit Intermittent Explosive Disorder daily on his streams, there's literally hunderds of examples on this forum documenting and commenting on instances he exhibits poor impulse control.

Here's a fun one. Phil says that when he was spending thousands on credit cards travelling all over the country to FGC tournaments, one of the things that got him in his original large amounts of credit cards debt, he thinks was addicted to it, but describes it as a compulsion: "THIS is my hobby, I HAVE TO DO IT." He wasn't constantly hunting down any back alley tournament because he NEEDED a hit, he was blowing tons of money because he WANTED to and couldn't stop himself. Timestamp @ 10m58s

lavrentiyberia

kiwifarms.net
Yeah. In casual language sure, Phil's addicted to this shit, but in clinical terminology it's important to note the distinction between an addiction and a compulsion. The terminology can get a bit muddled because addictions can cause compulsive behavior, but all compulsions are not addictive behavior. In pure clinical terms Phil's relationship with this game is most likely not an addiction, he doesn't have a physical or psychological dependence on playing the game to the point he doesn't even feel the reward of getting sweaty half-naked.jpegs and winning matches of Bejeweled while they dance he just needs to do it to feel normal. He isn't sinking money into WWE Champions because he NEEDS a hit, he's doing it because he WANTS to and has poor impulse control.

What Phil has regarding this game is a compulsion similar to the general compulsive behavior he regularly exhibits. He talks about it in various different aspects of his life that there seems to be this voice in his head chanting "I have to. I have to! I HAVE TO! I HAVE TO!!" that crops up with various different activities. With WWE Champions it seems like he literally feels like he's 'Gotta catch 'em all'. When he gets a bronze PS trophy and says, "OHH! Just got a trophy! 'You just tied your shoes for the first time' Huh-huh, NICE!" and people wonder why he acts like this about a digital sticker you automatically are given during the tutorial. My guess would be a generalized Impulse Control Disorder. We've certainly seen him exhibiting compulsive shopping periodically, he seems to exhibit Intermittent Explosive Disorder daily on his streams, there's literally hunderds of examples on this forum documenting and commenting on instances he exhibits poor impulse control.

Here's a fun one. Phil says that when he was spending thousands on credit cards travelling all over the country to FGC tournaments, one of the things that got him in his original large amounts of credit cards debt, he thinks was addicted to it, but describes it as a compulsion: "THIS is my hobby, I HAVE TO DO IT." He wasn't constantly hunting down any back alley tournament because he NEEDED a hit, he was blowing tons of money because he WANTED to and couldn't stop himself. Timestamp @ 10m58s
Fair warning: if you let this video play you'll suddenly be confronted with a profoundly disturbing testimony from a victim of pedophilic stalking and statutory rape.

BT9494

kiwifarms.net
there was a period of time where matches wern't live and the only way to gain points was the "loot"

his score was noted during that time period
True, and this is why I mentioned the hoarding of previous showdown coins to burn off for an event like this. You were able to get points for the event by earning these. I always though that the coin bonuses disappeared from your inbox after seven days. However, some players have told me that this is not the case.

I guess I would be surprised if he really did go nuts on this one, since the top milestone includes a already existing character.

But hey, it's DSP so who the fuck knows?

Awful Meerkat

That was in the past
kiwifarms.net

If only he was like this for useful things. Like, you know, going to work, working on becoming a better streamer etc...

harbinger

DarksydePhallus
kiwifarms.net
Maybe like they have Narcotics Anonymous for narcotics addicts, they could come up with Gacha Anonymous for people this pathetic, so people wouldn't just start laughing at them when they made their confessions.
Phil. Phil has bitch tits. This was a support group for men with gacha game addiction. The big moosy slobbering all over me, that was Phil... And that is where I fit, between those huge, sweating tits that hung enormous, the way you think of God’s as big.

Could make distilled water at home with ease. Just get a big pot, turn heat on low, cover with a plate or something concaved and put a smaller pot or pyrex bowl in the center under the lowest part of the concave surface. Water collected will be distilled water.
You know he couldn’t do that without adding a cup of sugar.

Last edited:
Tags
None