Despite his claims, DSP is still spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the WWE Champions mobile game -

Julias_Seizure

Puts the rave in depraved
kiwifarms.net
Gambling addicts are the most depressing kind of addict to watch. At least with drugs they actually get something for their money and walk away happy until they look at their bank balance, gambling though i dont really understand the appeal at all.

They dump money consistently getting nothing in return until they finally win back only part of what they lost total but consider it a win anyways because that particular session they walked out with more than they came in with.

Itd be like if you traded someone 7$ a dollar a day for 5$ all at once at the end of the week and thought you came out on top because on the last day you have 4$ you didnt at the start of the day

darkwingosonichugorl

duhuhuhuhuhuh
kiwifarms.net
I can only say with my own history in mobile games and spending like .1% of what Phil has in similar games, they just get you hooked with how simple, mindless, quick and yet fun they are. Especially once you put any money in, there's this obligation to keep playing.

I've been in guilds with massive paypigs, not quite as bad as Phil, but guys who have spent thousands. They don't realize it, they spend little amount after little amount regularly to keep up.

Phil is the perfect storm for salesmen and anyone looking to make a quick buck that's a uniquely fascinating trainwreck to watch. He's exceptional with money, socially exceptional, makes 6 figures doing virtually nothing and has no respect for the value of money.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Itd be like if you traded someone 7$ a dollar a day for 5$ all at once at the end of the week and thought you came out on top because on the last day you have 4$ you didnt at the start of the day
That actually reminds me of a running joke I have with my Mom whenever she plays the lottery. I tell her to give me the $10, and I'll give her $4 back, and she'll see a better rate of return.

At least my Mom only plays the lottery when it's like $250M+ or something. If she played it every week, I'd be depressed for her.

Phil is the perfect storm for salesmen and anyone looking to make a quick buck that's a uniquely fascinating trainwreck to watch. He's exceptional with money, socially exceptional, makes 6 figures doing virtually nothing and has no respect for the value of money.
Repost, but I have to post this video after the affirmation.

Remember, DSP is paying $680 per month to drive his car 140 miles per month: $380 in the car payment, $200 in insurance, and $100 in gas and "maintenance" fees.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
At least my Mom only plays the lottery when it's like $250M+ or something. If she played it every week, I'd be depressed for her.
Although I don't buy lottery tickets, it's one of those things I keep going back and forth on.

It doesn't make economic sense to buy them, ever. Still $1 for a crack at $250 million is hard to argue against. A negligible expenditure against a large reward. Of course, the point is to make sure it really is negligible.

LostMy1stAccount

kiwifarms.net
So during the hearing yesterday the trustee asked Phil what he considered a business expense.
Phil started to list the cost of games, games subscriptions and then "Microtransactions within the games".
timestamp at 27:20

So I wondered: When was the last time Phil even purchased microtransactions on stream? As far as I remember he always berates people and developers who use microtransactions.

For me, this is the definitive proof that he wants to mask his WWE spending as Business Expenses and is hoping that the trustee looks at his PayPal and just writes it off as something for his streams.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Even if DSP is claiming that WWE Champions is a "business expense", I'm pretty sure a judge is going to ask:

1) Why did you spend thousands of dollars on one game?
2) Why did you need to play this game for your business instead of other cheaper games?
3) What proof do you have that you did this for your business?

And more. Even if they buy the "business expenses" argument, there is so much money invested in this one game that there is going to be follow up questions. They aren't going to shrug their shoulders and move on.

DiabeticSP

kiwifarms.net
So during the hearing yesterday the trustee asked Phil what he considered a business expense.
Phil started to list the cost of games, games subscriptions and then "Microtransactions within the games".
timestamp at 27:20

So I wondered: When was the last time Phil even purchased microtransactions on stream? As far as I remember he always berates people and developers who use microtransactions.

For me, this is the definitive proof that he wants to mask his WWE spending as Business Expenses and is hoping that the trustee looks at his PayPal and just writes it off as something for his streams.
Phil damn near almost admitted he considers groceries a business expense.

He's an idiot and wants to lump his whole lifestyle as a business and the trustee has seen smarter versions of this con than him.

strandedcastaway

kiwifarms.net
Phil did mention microtransactions, but it was pretty clear he didn't break down and describe the business expenses in detail in his filing. When he filed, he just made up a number for expenses that would lower his income enough to qualify for Chapter 7 (so he can keep the house). Now he's throwing everything out there and hoping something sticks. He might try WWE Champions as an expense, but once the trustee sees six months of Phil's PayPal and how much he lied about a lot of things, I don't think she's taking his word for anything.

GigaOPC

kiwifarms.net
Look for Phil to be begging hard this weekend because starting today and running until Monday night they are running a hulkamania event in WWE champions. Apparently they added 4 new characters and one is "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan. The guy from the previously posted faction feud video is live streaming it right now. He looks like every other person who posts videos of themselves playing this game, chubby low energy white guys who look like they could just bring a gun on stream and blow their brains out any minute, so basically they all look like phil. I've seen People in his chat talking about doing multiple $100 pulls for this event and also that they are investing their Trump Bux checks we're all getting next month on this shit to catch up on their rosters. The people who play this game are unbelievable.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Look for Phil to be begging hard this weekend because starting today and running until Monday night they are running a hulkamania event in WWE champions. Apparently they added 4 new characters and one is "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan. The guy from the previously posted faction feud video is live streaming it right now. He looks like every other person who posts videos of themselves playing this game, chubby low energy white guys who look like they could just bring a gun on stream and blow their brains out any minute, so basically they all look like phil. I've seen People in his chat talking about doing multiple $100 pulls for this event and also that they are investing their Trump Bux checks we're all getting next month on this shit to catch up on their rosters. The people who play this game are unbelievable.
I had to watch for a few minutes just to see, and I love how every wrestler in this game looks like 2003 Ronnie Coleman.

Edit: It is a Friday night, and I am spending my time watching two different people play a pay-to-win game.

I think my own lolcow thread is incoming. Prospering grounds here I come!

Last edited:

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This new Hulk Hogan character is apparently the best character in the game and will have all the best cheesy moves. Plus, as @GigaOPC said, he's going to be really expensive to get. Scopely does what Phil wishes he could be.
@tzgnilki and @BT9494, just tagging to make sure you guys see this.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Isn't that the exact same one Phil already has? Or are they shameless enough to release another JPG of Hulk Hogan doing the "ripping off his shirt" pose?
malibu stacy new hat.jpg

Edit: You guys explained that this game was like Bejeweled, and I can see that, but these two guys I've watched are so OP that they win every match in one move. So even the one part of the game that could be entertaining has had all the fun sucked out of it. So the only "entertaining" part is watching the loot boxes open; the matches aren't even exciting anymore.

Last edited:
Tags
None