Detective Pikachu: The Movie - Could this actually be a video game movie that doesn’t suck?

Suck or not suck?

• Suck

Votes: 76 35.0%
  • Not suck

Votes: 141 65.0%

• Total voters

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
In the capsule after something breaks out, is that New?
Not sure what you mean by that since you capitalized "New", but if you meant "Mew(two)", looks like it.

The trailer plays out like how you'd expect something Pokémon-related would go, and the first poster practically is chockfull of Easter eggs and plot-points that this trailer is basically that confirmation (for those who don't know the game's plot). The only story the trailers have given is that Detective Goodman is missing and his Pikachu is the only clue while a lab is doing some shady shit in the background and there's plenty of Pokémon to go around. Pretty bare-bones to me.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
Not sure what you mean by that since you capitalized "New", but if you meant "Mew(two)", looks like it.
Autocorrect, clearly Mewtwo is at the end, what I can't make out is about 30 seconds earlier a big pod has its glass broken, and it cuts to a woman scientist type who has a smaller pod behind her containing what could be Mew.

Edit cause it's not worth another post: The trailer makes it super obvious (though it probably would be 15 minutes into the movie) that the Pikachu is his dad.

Last edited:

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
Autocorrect, clearly Mewtwo is at the end, what I can't make out is about 30 seconds earlier a big pod has its glass broken, and it cuts to a woman scientist type who has a smaller pod behind her containing what could be Mew.
Maybe, it's hard to say given the angle and that the camera's moving.

Oh man, I’m actually really hyped to see the battles now. I thought there was only going to be the one with Pikachu and Charizard, but the actuon scenes look super good.
It doesn't look like a shady underground arena from the looks of it, but it could be pretty intense. We may get to see the entirety of that Blastoise vs. Gengar battle, looks really exciting. This can make up for the lack of Pokémon Stadium/Battle Revolution this past decade.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
It's hard to tell but yes, it looks like Mew is probably the one who shatters the capsule at 1:20. I wouldn't completely rule it out as a young Mewtwo either, but just based on blurry silhouette it resembles Mew the most.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
It's hard to tell but yes, it looks like Mew is probably the one who shatters the capsule at 1:20. I wouldn't completely rule it out as a young Mewtwo either, but just based on blurry silhouette it resembles Mew the most.
The broken capsule is person sized, I think that's Mewtwo, the next one is dog crate sized that I think had Mew.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like Flareon to me. A hologram, at that? I'm curious about that place, now.

Aipom has always been terrifying when you think about it. The little fucker's always smiling at you, you never know what it's thinking. It going into rabies-mode isn't helping. I already know the reason behind it, but holy shit how it's being portrayed in the film's scary.
Is it a hologram or is it a clone? I do remember a few theories that Eevee was created in the same lab as Mewtwo(and possibly Ditto) which is why it’s unstable genetic makeup lets it evolve into so many different types.

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
Is it a hologram or is it a clone? I do remember a few theories that Eevee was created in the same lab as Mewtwo(and possibly Ditto) which is why it’s unstable genetic makeup lets it evolve into so many different types.
That's a good question. It looks like a hologram because of the blue glow and it's kinda see-through, but it could've been an Eevee finishing its evolution. It could be a lab running tests on Eevee genetics, but without context, it's hard to say.

Am legitimately surprised they're showcasing a Flareon of all Eeveelutions. Still hoping for a Sylveon.

the autist of dojima

I'll take that as a threat to the states
kiwifarms.net
That Ludicolo, my :feels:.

This is definitely a more spoilery trailer, as the last before release usually are (and I try to avoid them, but I'm only here to see Pokemon, not the story). In the capsule after something breaks out, is that Mew?
Will gamefreak have the balls to make a miror B reference or are they still butthurt about the gamecube games?

TrippinKahlua

CEO - Alexander Edison Prins-Stairs Esquire III
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mewtwo kinda resembles Giygue from Earthbound Beginnings moreso than Mewtwo itself (and no one needs to point out the connection, I know already)

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino