Detective Pikachu: The Movie - Could this actually be a video game movie that doesn’t suck?

Suck or not suck?

• Suck

Votes: 66 41.8%
  • Not suck

Votes: 92 58.2%

• Total voters

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
I saw that Serebii has itself a "cinematic PokéDex" (with a terrible layout, of course, don't know if Bulbapedia is more convenient about it) where someone autistically went through all the current trailer footage, every single frame and every single pixel, and found all the known Pokémon. Thus far, only 47 out of 60+ have been seen. (Card art leaks, and signs, statues and posters didn't count here.)

Lol Sinnoh 'Dex BTFO.

1. Bulbasaur
  2. Venasaur
  3. Charmander
  4. Charizard
  5. Squirtle
  6. Blastoise
  7. Pidgeotto
  8. Pidgeot
  9. Rattata
  10. Pikachu
  11. Jigglypuff
  12. Psyduck
  13. Growlithe
  14. Arcanine
  15. Machamp
  16. Dodrio
  17. Gengar
  18. Kingler
  19. Cubone
  20. Lickitung
  21. Mr. Mime
  22. Magikarp
  23. Gyarados
  24. Flareon
  25. Snorlax
  26. Mewtwo
  27. Aipom
  28. Snubbull
  29. Sneasel
  30. Octillery
  31. Treecko
  32. Ludicolo
  33. Slaking
  34. Loudred
  35. Audino
  36. Emolga
  37. Joltik
  38. Golurk
  39. Bouffalant
  40. Rufflet
  41. Braviary
  42. Greninja
  43. Flabébé
  44. Pancham
  45. Pangoro
  46. Morelull
  47. Comfey

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
Here you go. Neither one lists Chimecho though, which is visible in the aerial shot of the Bulbasaur group.
Is Chimecho there? There's a Pokémon flying that at a glance looks like a bug, but apparently it's just another Comfey. I'll check it out again.

EDIT: It could be a couple of Chimecho, but it's hard to tell with them being out of focus.

Also I've meant to share this comment for a while just for the hell of it:

Last edited:

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I didn't consider the possibility of them being Comfey since in the game they only let go of their tails when they faint. So they're probably not Chimecho then.

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
Ryan Reynolds YouTube channel just posted this video, which has a showcase of a bunch of the Pokémon appearing in the movie, some that haven’t been seen yet.
Jigglypuff blowing her curl out of her eyes is the best thing I have ever seen in my life. Everything's perfect.

By the way, ticket preorders are available. Preordered seats today.

Trombonista

Merger of the Double Posts
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's always the plushies, the Detective Pikachu plushie is super soft.

Then you have these... things.
View attachment 722923
View attachment 722922
I want the special needs Mewtwo plushie tho.
I don't see anything wrong with the Mr. Mime plushie.

Also, I hope my favorite Gen 1 Pokemon (Oddish) or my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon (Hoppip) makes an appearance.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It never really occurred to me that starter Pokémon are basically babies/toddlers until I saw the Charmander and Squirtle in the new trailer. Specifically Squirtle with the bubble.

Reactions: mrdk_04

Kari Kamiya

Dopey Mew
kiwifarms.net
I don't see anything wrong with the Mr. Mime plushie.
I don't either, but a lot of people are weirded out by it since it's a posable doll. There's been a couple of pictures on Tumblr showcasing it.

Also, I hope my favorite Gen 1 Pokemon (Oddish) or my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon (Hoppip) makes an appearance.
Same here; the Jumpluff line sounds quite likely what with all the Pokémon flying in the air.

It never really occurred to me that starter Pokémon are basically babies/toddlers until I saw the Charmander and Squirtle in the new trailer. Specifically Squirtle with the bubble.
I keep forgetting that, too, even though we've seen cases of it in the anime before like with Torchic and Piplup. But I think it's easy to forget simply because when Ash got the three starters originally, they were either wild or abandoned Pokémon that had at least some experience and had developed their own personalities.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't either, but a lot of people are weirded out by it since it's a posable doll. There's been a couple of pictures on Tumblr showcasing it.

Same here; the Jumpluff line sounds quite likely what with all the Pokémon flying in the air.

I keep forgetting that, too, even though we've seen cases of it in the anime before like with Torchic and Piplup. But I think it's easy to forget simply because when Ash got the three starters originally, they were either wild or abandoned Pokémon that had at least some experience and had developed their own personalities.
Actually, now I remember that one art that was made regarding the Japanese monorail or something with someone holding their Squirtle as it plays on their smartphone.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino