Devil May Cry -

scorptatious

Lord of the Shitters
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just recently played through 1 and 3 hd for the first time. And I have to go with 3 as well.

1 was cool and all, but compared to later action games, it feels a bit dated in certain areas. 3 in my opinion took what 1 had and improved it in nearly every area. The only thing I can say 1 did kinda better was enemy variety. A lot of the guys you fight in 3 were dudes with scythes. Not that they weren't fun to fight though.

But yeah, 3 is probably one of my new favorite action games. Can't decide whether I liked it or Bayonetta 1 more.

I have yet to play 2,4, or DmC

Last edited:

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
I just recently played through 1 and 3 hd for the first time. And I have to go with 3 as well.

1 was cool and all, but compared to later action games, it feels a bit dated in certain areas. 3 in my opinion took what 1 had and improved it in nearly every area. The only thing I can say 1 did kinda better was enemy variety. A lot of the guys you fight in 3 were dudes with scythes. Not that they weren't fun to fight though.

But yeah, 3 is probably one of my new favorite action games. Can't decide whether I liked it or Bayonetta 1 more.

I have yet to play 2,4, or DmC
Honestly, your really not missing much if you don't play 2. It had some... problems. Mostly centering around how the combat in the game wasn't as good as the first. Well, when you were actually in combat that is, from what I remember you spent most of the time running around big, empty rooms either looking for the exit or the next object to pick up to move the story along.

As for my favorites @Upper Lip, I agree with you. 3 and 4.

Not really keen on trying DmC. Dante in that one seems like kind of a watered down, emo kid version of Kratos for some odd reason.

Count groudon

Saltier than Njord's left testicle
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, your really not missing much if you don't play 2. It had some... problems. Mostly centering around how the combat in the game wasn't as good as the first. Well, when you were actually in combat that is, from what I remember you spent most of the time running around big, empty rooms either looking for the exit or the next object to pick up to move the story along.

Not really keen on trying DmC. Dante in that one seems like kind of a watered down, emo kid version of Kratos for some odd reason.
Eh, DMC is actually a pretty fun game. There's a lot of variety in the moves you can do and it's really fun moving around in limbo. But I absolutely HATE what they did to the characters. They made Dante into a total douchebag in it, I mean he still has a basic outline of what his personality was in the old games but watered down and mostly replaced with traits that only a 13 year old scene kid would find cool. They didn't mess up Vergil too much, but they completely abandoned his whole honorable warrior thing and has him shoot a pregnant demon in the back with a gun when they were supposed to let her go unharmed.
There's also this scene where they have a pissing contest.....

scorptatious

Lord of the Shitters
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, I heard 2 wasn't really favorably looked upon by a lot of people. It's funny though, the guy who directed that game went on to direct what is considered by many to be the best in the series. Funny how things work out like that.

I've also heard less than good things about the reboot as well.

Queen of Tarts

Do you think you can make me do it again?
kiwifarms.net
I've played 1,2,3 and DMC. Overall, I think 1,3 and DMC were good games, while 2 was pretty bland and boring in general. DMC3 can be played like an RPG, with a lot of mission repetition to obtain power ups to health and weapons, so it's probably my favorite.

Dante's body is also pretty awesome too.

I have some beef with DMCs definition of a Nephilim though. The Nephilim were children of angel men and human women in the apocrypha, and were giants. Dante is not a Nephilim by definition.

• Agree
Reactions: FierceBrosnan

scorptatious

Lord of the Shitters
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've played 1,2,3 and DMC. Overall, I think 1,3 and DMC were good games, while 2 was pretty bland and boring in general. DMC3 can be played like an RPG, with a lot of mission repetition to obtain power ups to health and weapons, so it's probably my favorite.

Dante's body is also pretty awesome too.

I have some beef with DMCs definition of a Nephilim though. The Nephilim were children of angel men and human women in the apocrypha, and were giants. Dante is not a Nephilim by definition.
I've only played 1 and 2, sadly, so I can't say I have a favorite. Been wanting to get 3 for a while though.

QFT

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
Devil May Cry V releases in about 10 days and I haven't seen a single thread about it here.
Recently to get myself ready for the release I've been playing through 1,3, and 4 SE again to catch whatever I can that they're throwing into 5. I beat 3 for the first time on DMD and VMD with no items a month back due to having never done it and holy shit it was time consuming but fun. As Dante it took roughly an hour I think with almost every boss because you really can't afford to take any hits at all. Against Vergil 3 it took about 4 hours to beat because of how punishing and long the fight is. In the end it basically revolves around JCing the killer bee off his head, but getting the execution down and being able to read his moves took a while because he just melts your health in a single combo.

As for V it looks like a love letter to the franchise. Enemies from every game make an appearance in some form or another it appears, even some of the very common enemies from 2 seem to be showing up. One of the systems in RE6 is showing up as well with the Cameo(I think its called that) system where when characters are doing certain missions they will be connected with another player as a different character in the same area for a bit. Bloody Palace mode is most likely co-op or will feature some type of co-op mode. The canon has also been slightly altered so now the games stories take place as 3,1,Anime,2,4,5 rather than with 2 always being the last story beat. Itsuno seems to be taking this very seriously as this is a project he has wanted to do for a bit and for once you have a director who really just wants to make a game for the fans. Itsuno has also gone on twitter or in an interview stated that if there is enough fan outcry for certain characters or such after the launch of the game and bloody palace he will notice, and possibly implement if there is enough people asking about it.

Two demos have also been released, I believe for PS4 and Xbox1 and I think you need pre order to access them.

Anyway share your thoughts and experiences with the games.

• Informative
Reactions: Haunter

Applejack

For $5 I'll drunk text your ex for you
kiwifarms.net
I actually discovered DMC with the demo for 4 when I bought my first Xbox, I've been in love ever since, so I'll always have a soft spot for DMC4 (especially with SE) but 3 is one of the best games I have ever played. I personally like how every difficulty level is just training for the next, but the weapon variety and,with exception of a few, the enemies to work with are spectacular.

I do have major respect for the first as a pioneer of the genre (godhand was better imo) I just think 3 perfected it.

Did everyone already forget that DMC4SE had microtranactions for red orbs? Yea, that's because nobody cared and it didn't effect gameplay in any way.

Reactions: ProfDongs

purpleboy

Purple Spergosaur
kiwifarms.net
My biggest question (aside from whether or not Itsuno's telling the truth about MTXs not hurting the core game) is "what the fuck does V play like?"

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
From what it looks like V mostly deals with counters and finishers while Griffon and Shadow are the damage dealers. Nightmare looks like it activates off of a DT for when its running around or when it pops out of the ground to attack. The playstyle roster would be pretty rounded out with him as a more defensive/puppet styled character. Seems like they wanted to go more experimental given how different Lady and Virgil are in 4SE.

• Informative
Reactions: Haunter

rotollo

in the court of the Mumkey king
kiwifarms.net
got the hd collection and 4 specal edition during the summer sale last year but haven't really started them in earnest, mostly due to me originally playing 3's god awful steam port from years ago making me wonder if I should really replay those eariler levels. Love the game play though. probably going to jump into 5 then 3, 1, then 4 avoiding 2 since I could just play disaster day of crisis if I want a game where a voice of Dante is in with a focus on gun combat.
I just really hope 5 does well since Itsuno does come off as one of the few directors like Sakurai who deeply cares about making a fun as fuck game.

Reactions: Applejack

Spit bucket

kiwifarms.net
I got into DMC over the summer after the E3 of 5. Picked up the HD collection and played through 1-3 then through 4. Took me awhile to liking nero but he's a fun little fucker. I'd say 3 is my favorite of the original trilogy. I'm not gonna touch DmC because it screams edgy emo "i Hate you so much dad" . I can't wait to play Vee and fight big bro vergil.

Shokaract

kiwifarms.net
I couldn't help myself and ended up spoiling the game for myself. But with DMC its never really been about the story, its all about the gameplay, and from what I've played of the demo, the game is looking to be pretty great. Just can't wait to experience it how a DMC game should be experienced, with turbo mode on.

Reactions: Purple Pepsi
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino