Devil May Cry -

Mcniggered

Watch out for that Kung Flu
kiwifarms.net
Is that so they have something to say for those upset about DMC 5, "Aren't you glad DMC 5 isn't that?"
To be fair, there's touches of DmC sprinkled into DMC 5 like how Nero swears is a callback to Donte being an edgelord plus the van scene was a callback to DmC's intro.

• Horrifying
Reactions: SiccDicc

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, there's touches of DmC sprinkled into DMC 5 like how Nero swears is a callback to Donte being an edgelord plus the van scene was a callback to DmC's intro.
Nero always swore, though not as badly in 4 as he did in 5. That said, both 4 SE and 5 gave Dante an alternate costume that had Donte's color scheme. If nothing else I think the series will have some references to DmC from here on out but I doubt that we'll ever get a DmC 2.

Speaking of Donte and Nero, I realized recently that Donte resembles Nero more than he does Dante, both in personality and moveset, especially with his airgame. Both are young nonconformist punks whose combat is more akin to angry streetfighting as opposed to Dante's flashiness, and both go on journeys to discover who they really are. That said, Nero is infinitely more likable since he isn't nearly as much of an asshole and because he's at least somewhat relatable (his relationship with Kyrie, feelings of being different and alone from everyone else, etc).

Mcniggered

kiwifarms.net
With how much of a dumpsterfire DmC turned out to be, I kind of wish they had stuck with the original premise shown from the original teaser trailer that had gotten shit on. I do also kind of feel bad for NT being set up for failure because Capcom literally went out of their way to tell them to make the whole game look as different as possible for a western audience. If you want to be mad at anyone for DmC being as bad as it was blame the poor sales of 4 and Capcom.

Reactions: Darkdragon96
U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
With how much of a dumpsterfire DmC turned out to be, I kind of wish they had stuck with the original premise shown from the original teaser trailer that had gotten shit on. I do also kind of feel bad for NT being set up for failure because Capcom literally went out of their way to tell them to make the whole game look as different as possible for a western audience. If you want to be mad at anyone for DmC being as bad as it was blame the poor sales of 4 and Capcom.
4 sold super well, it was the most successful DMC prior to 5, Capcom was just expecting it to compete with shit like CoD and Gears and set themselves up for disappointment. I and many others have said it before and it still applies today: if DmC was just an original IP, it wouldn’t have gotten nearly as much flack, but because it WAS a DMC game, the already bad script became a fucking trainwreck due to the failed attempts at comedy and calling back to the older games.

Mcniggered

kiwifarms.net
4 sold super well, it was the most successful DMC prior to 5, Capcom was just expecting it to compete with shit like CoD and Gears and set themselves up for disappointment. I and many others have said it before and it still applies today: if DmC was just an original IP, it wouldn’t have gotten nearly as much flack, but because it WAS a DMC game, the already bad script became a fucking trainwreck due to the failed attempts at comedy and calling back to the older games.
Well I mean in terms of Capcom's expectations it was a failure, I should have specified that my bad, and so they got the wrong signals and thought the game needed a new look.

I mean this one atleast was goofy but not that bad looking at how DmC turned out. All memes aside.

Cardenio

Calarts Graduate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tbh, DmC’s gameplay was decent (perhaps even good with the PS4 port’s enhancements), the main issue lied in the heinously anus aesthetics and writing. Also, even though he was busy with Dragon’s Dogma during the development of DmC, Itsuno still had a producer credit on it
It really wasn't though. The sideweapons were shit. And it was really repetitive how the level design forced you to Demon Pull/Angel Grab shit constantly.

Like when I think of DmC I first think of Donte pulling the eye out of the eyeball camera, because you do that several dozen times thru the campaign.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
It really wasn't though. The sideweapons were shit. And it was really repetitive how the level design forced you to Demon Pull/Angel Grab shit constantly
Don't forget the color coded enemies that took forever to kill and, in the original release, blocked all attacks that didn't correlate with its color.

Also the original release was really hurt by not having a lock-on. It made targetting specific enemies a pain in the ass. Good luck trying to pull those aerial baby bastards without yanking the ground enemies, and God help you with trying to keep track of those big charging enemies when the camera won't.

I realize that these issues were fixed with the remaster, which is why I'm morbidly curious about it but I'm not willing to sink $30-40 on it.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@SiccDicc jokes aside, how good is dmc5? The team mystic, v has me mighty intrigued
A worthy addition, I'd say. If you're particularly patient you can even beat Urizen in the prologue on the first go -- no new game plus needed.

I can't seem to find the vid right now, though, but someone managed it because he was a masochist and bragging rights.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
A worthy addition, I'd say. If you're particularly patient you can even beat Urizen in the prologue on the first go -- no new game plus needed.

I can't seem to find the vid right now, though, but someone managed it because he was a masochist and bragging rights.
Some autists call the game “casualized” for removing guard fly, reversal, and inertia, is that really the case or is it just nostalgic spergs acting obsessive?

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some autists call the game “casualized” for removing guard fly, reversal, and inertia, is that really the case or is it just nostalgic spergs acting obsessive?
I think they wanted to try a different direction. I dunno if it's casualized or not, but seems they were going for something more streamlined? Hard to say, I'm not one to pay much attention to design unless it's infuriating me.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
I think they wanted to try a different direction. I dunno if it's casualized or not, but seems they were going for something more streamlined? Hard to say, I'm not one to pay much attention to design unless it's infuriating me.
One of my friends is a character action fanatic who’s mastered everything from DMC3 to Ninja Gaiden Sigma and he said the game is still damn good despite the altered physics and removed reversals and felt more like a creative decision rather than a casualization, so I have faith in the game, plus the PSN demo felt buttery as fuck and Capcom beat Soyny by uncensoring Trish in the Bloody Palace update

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of my friends is a character action fanatic who’s mastered everything from DMC3 to Ninja Gaiden Sigma and he said the game is still damn good despite the altered physics and removed reversals and felt more like a creative decision rather than a casualization, so I have faith in the game, plus the PSN demo felt buttery as fuck and Capcom beat Soyny by uncensoring Trish in the Bloody Palace update
Altered physics would probably be because of the engine, but yeah I doubt it's casualized. I just don't tend to notice those things - unless it's a really dumb decision - so can't say for certain. This is the same game that triggered journalists when they were corrected on why the music was bad; the music gets more exciting the higher your rank during the fight is and the journalists were terrible at the game. I think one of the developers tried correcting them on Twitter about it.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
Altered physics would probably be because of the engine, but yeah I doubt it's casualized. I just don't tend to notice those things - unless it's a really dumb decision - so can't say for certain. This is the same game that triggered journalists when they were corrected on why the music was bad; the music gets more exciting the higher your rank during the fight is and the journalists were terrible at the game. I think one of the developers tried correcting them on Twitter about it.
I remember one jouro claiming the game was bad on twitter because you had to buy air hike...did this nigger just never touch any of the previous ones?

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember one jouro claiming the game was bad on twitter because you had to buy air hike...did this nigger just never touch any of the previous ones?
Probably not. I mean, it's one of those "if you have to ask" kind of situations.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
Do you want X to give it to ya or do you want V to give it to them?
So I either give succ to a boomer zombie or a zoomer who likes like a grown up version of dib from invader zim?

Tags
None