Dexter revival 2021 -

Jones McCann

Who was dragged down by the stone
kiwifarms.net
Great, now I gotta finish that fucking show even though I know how it ends. I got to season 5 before it got too boring, plus when reta died I didn't like the shows direction after that, seems to go to shit.

• Agree
Reactions: Shield Breaker

NeoGAF Lurker

aka Niggo Mortensen
kiwifarms.net
This is going to be a shitshow. It’s going to be something stupid like a white turbo nazi slaughtering pee oh cee genderbenders and Dexter makes it personal but in the meantime he learns about his own privilege when a snarky but spunky beige woman of ambiguous ethnicity joins forces with him and she upstages him constantly.

They’re going to mangle this show’s corpse even more horrifically than the killer Dexter is supposed to track down.

Tor Lugosi

The Holy One of Israel
kiwifarms.net
This is going to be a shitshow. It’s going to be something stupid like a white turbo nazi slaughtering pee oh cee genderbenders and Dexter makes it personal but in the meantime he learns about his own privilege when a snarky but spunky beige woman of ambiguous ethnicity joins forces with him and she upstages him constantly.

They’re going to mangle this show’s corpse even more horrifically than the killer Dexter is supposed to track down.

I don't think it'll be that over-the-top but given their "We only recently got the inspiration for a new season" talk I'd be willing to bet that the killer is a white supremacist or something similarly politically charged.

Moguro Fukuzou

Customer Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed
kiwifarms.net
I remember liking the premise of Dexter but I don't think I got too far into the series when it was airing. Coming back to learn how much it stunk in the last season put me off from ever actually watching through the whole series. I'm still waiting for the announcement of Hannibal season 4 with the old team coming back, don't know how many years I'll be waiting because I remember there being some issue with rights.

I don't know if it's worth slogging through all of Dexter to watch the new series.

• Feels
Reactions: Aaa0aaa0

NeoGAF Lurker

aka Niggo Mortensen
kiwifarms.net
I remember liking the premise of Dexter but I don't think I got too far into the series when it was airing. Coming back to learn how much it stunk in the last season put me off from ever actually watching through the whole series. I'm still waiting for the announcement of Hannibal season 4 with the old team coming back, don't know how many years I'll be waiting because I remember there being some issue with rights.

I don't know if it's worth slogging through all of Dexter to watch the new series.
In hindsight, Dexter only worked because of Michael C. Hall, Erik King, and John Lithgow. Everyone else sucked to various degrees. I liked the premise but the execution was weak and only got weaker except for the fourth season.

Dom Cruise

She had no one to play with for thirty years...
kiwifarms.net
One of the things that went wrong with Dexter is if you remember at the start he's not really supposed to be a good guy, he's a creepy serial killer who just so happens through a twist of fate kills other killers, but there's dramatic tension as to whether he's going to drop that pretense and just kill indiscriminately.

As the series went on though more and more he simply became a vigilante anti-hero.

Inb4 woke politics get in and now DeeDee constantly oneups dexter.

In all seriousness Dexter's Lab really was very unwoke, remember that episode where he gets lost in DeeDee's room and it's treated like a creepy and totally foreign environment?

Theory: Dexter hears something happened with His son to bring him out of hiding to save him.

It's probably going to have something to do with his son, yeah.

Quintex96

kiwifarms.net
One of the things that went wrong with Dexter is if you remember at the start he's not really supposed to be a good guy, he's a creepy serial killer who just so happens through a twist of fate kills other killers, but there's dramatic tension as to whether he's going to drop that pretense and just kill indiscriminately.
I noticed that the show started going off the rails when he stopped having memories about conversations with his adopted dad and just started talking to his ghost instead.

UnKillFill

Merry Christmas Will!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Surprise motherfucker!
1932155.jpg

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
kiwifarms.net
Wonderful, they're going to dig up another 50 year old dude to make a worse version of a popular thing from the past.
Can't wait.

Aaa0aaa0

Internet Riddle Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
If they go woke, I really, really hope its a funny shitshow and they accidentally say "murdering bigots is the best! always take justice into your own hands!" or something else fucking insane. I never seen the shoe but the idea of SJWs shitting it up and then eating each other for liking it sounds hilarious. F to the fandom tho.

6thRanger

" 🎶 I've had enough of these people...! 🎶 "
kiwifarms.net
The books are absolute shit.
No disagreement here, but having source material, even if shit overall, to pull ideas and concepts from is better than what I can expect from a Showtime writer in general.

Gangster Talk

kiwifarms.net
This show began to stay well past its welcome halfway in. To the point that Season 8 is just comically bad. Original run would have been better ending at season 4.

A reboot, maybe, since Doakes was one of the only good sources of tension early on. Just continuing the story of lumberjack Dexter? Fuck off.

Dom Cruise

She had no one to play with for thirty years...
kiwifarms.net
I didn't think they would undo anything but I do hope they can give the series a better ending.

Despite the goofiness of the lumberjack idea I didn't hate the final shot where he looks at the camera and it goes dead silent, that was eerie and definitely felt like a "I'll be back" moment that I assumed they would eventually follow up on and I was right.

Tags
None