Diagnosis Stolen Valor -

klurfsbane

kiwifarms.net
Claiming to be a veteran when you are not (stolen valor) is a federal crime. This makes sense because veterans receive benefits, are wifely a protected group, and fraudulently claiming to be a veteran is disrespectful to the people that (whatever their motivations) put their life on the line (ostensibly) in defense of the US.

I submit that for all those same reasons, falsely claiming to have a diagnosis of some illness or disorder in an effort to receive a protected status or monetary benefit in some way should be just as much of a crime.

If someone is going to, say, waste a bunch of the court's time avoiding a straight answer about what kind of reproductive organs they have by claiming to be "intersex"(a real, but incredibly rare, medical condition), or if they make claims about their mental illness to cry bully and get someone else deplatformed, they should be required to provide documentation of a diagnosis or face the same penalties as someone charged with stolen valor.

Now, I understand the first argument would be that medical records are private, and that's true. However, I think that if a person is going to make a public claim about whatever medical condition where there is a direct benefit to them or consequence for someone else, they have already forfeited any privacy regarding that condition/illness. I'm hoping any more legally minded kiwis might provide insight on that.

I also refuse to accept undiagnosed, self diagnosed or otherwise undocumented conditions/illnesses as qualifying for protected status, and there isn't any good excuse for not getting a proper diagnosis if you want to wield it as a sword and shield.

I am well aware that the medical system is (at least in part) corrupt and that someone can basically pay for a diagnosis from unscrupulous medical professionals. For the sake of argument let's just gloss over that for now, and at least assume that if these munchausen cry bullies want to claim disability for pity points, they have to jump through whatever hoops to get it put on their record and also accept whatever insurance implications go along with it.

I know this is just a random notion brought about by reading about the exceptional individuals featured here, but I am interested in reading anyone else's thoughts about this idea. I have to believe others feel the same way.

TL;DR: Falsely claiming to have an illness, condition, or mental handicap for pity points and protected status should be just as illegal as stolen valor.

Also: I am not a veteran, and I'm not trying to make any claims about the nobility or virtuousness of veterans. I'm simply saying that conceptually, "stolen diagnosis" and stolen valor are similar enough that they should be punished the same.

Meat Target

Your friendly neighborhood misanthrope
kiwifarms.net
I'm neverserved, but always honest about it, because I'm not a shitbag. But I understand why people would think I was in the military:
  • I'm obsessed with guns and gear
  • I have shitty facial hair
  • I consume unhealthy amounts of caffeine and booze
  • I feel compelled to autistically follow petty, unimportant rules and be really formal with people
  • I find it hard to relate to normies
  • My sense of humor is mostly limited to that which is morbid, edgy, crude, or mean-spirited
Then again, those are probably just Ass Burgers symptoms.

klurfsbane

kiwifarms.net
As far as I know, pretending to be a veteran is perfectly legal. Benefitting from the lie is where it crosses the line into illegality. Likewise with your idea; people ought to be free to lie, but if they benefit from the lie then they're committing fraud.
That's what I meant. But I'm also suggesting that receiving "protected status" as a benefit. Youtube, twitter, etc usually include making fun of someone's mental illness to be bullying or hates speech and cry bullies leverage this to get people banned for it.

Duke Nukem

Leader of the Anti-Chad Extermination Squad
kiwifarms.net
There's no law against claiming you were in the military or in some kind of war even if you were not. That's technically considered protected free speech. Do I agree with said speech? Not necessarily.

It's when you claim awards you didn't earn or benefits you're not actually eligible for that it becomes a problem.

I'm neverserved, but always honest about it, because I'm not a shitbag. But I understand why people would think I was in the military:
  • I'm obsessed with guns and gear
  • I have shitty facial hair
  • I consume unhealthy amounts of caffeine and booze
  • I feel compelled to autistically follow petty, unimportant rules and be really formal with people
  • I find it hard to relate to normies
  • My sense of humor is mostly limited to that which is morbid, edgy, crude, or mean-spirited
Then again, those are probably just Ass Burgers symptoms.
Some people with Ass Burgers do okay in the military, others should stay as far away as possible. Nothing wrong with any of the things you listed, I have most of those features as well except for the booze and facial hair.

Meat Target

Your friendly neighborhood misanthrope
kiwifarms.net
I was in marine recon in Fallujah and twice the Hero of the Soviet Union and you can't do shit about it.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Just A Butt

Walker went on to call Flaten a "weenie."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's what I meant. But I'm also suggesting that receiving "protected status" as a benefit. Youtube, twitter, etc usually include making fun of someone's mental illness to be bullying or hates speech and cry bullies leverage this to get people banned for it.
Is there a reason you feel compelled to call people tards and trannies on the internet?

Cause you're in the right place.

Extricate Cavitations

A dog's rights activist, a lover, a friend.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah, so this is all just whining about shitty social media platforms and their gay rules? Nice.

Murmur

Uncouth Twat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's even gayer than stolen valour are the faggots that are obsessed with calling out every person they see wearing a jacket from an army surplus store.

"I had friends die in that uniform!" Well if they were anything like you then I'm glad.

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum india i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah? Have YOU ever gotten a free meal at Applebee's for veteran's day? Serious perk of the job.
No I got beaten, got my wallet stolen and was called a faggot by some unpatriotic jocks that never went through t he hell of combat for America. I did not die on the battlefield to be bullied in IHOP for fuck's sake, I wish I was a dictator and had my own military junta and then I would have my generals call the jocks fags and sissies.