Business Dick's Sporting Goods destroyed $5 million worth of assault weapons - It's better capitalism guys

Buttigieg2020

🦀🦀🦀 Mad Magazine is Gone! 🦀🦀🦀
kiwifarms.net
Fair enough.

Sooo... because of a group of lefties that don't like to talk about how niggers and drug addicts commit crime the goverment should allow the sale of extremely dangerous weaponry to every micropenised incel with a boner for Columbine?

See... that's a bit of a Burger logic in my eyes. Eyes that are still in my head because a a 5.56 didn't go through them while I was in College.
The answer to your quandary is that violence increased in Bongistan after their 1997 gun ban and it’s still increasing in London after all of mayor Mohammed’s jihad on sharp objects. Getting rid of a tool doesn’t fix the root cause. (Rifles account for less the 5% of gun crimes anyway.) It just makes softer targets.

I still don’t understand how Dick’s are staying afloat, the one by my house has terrible inventory and service.

Last edited:

Doctor Jizzmopper

kiwifarms.net
The answer to your quandary is that violence increased in Bongistan after their 1997 gun ban and it’s still increasing in London after all of mayor Mohammed’s crackdowns on sharp objects. Getting rid of a tool doesn’t fix the root cause. It just makes softer targets.

I still don’t understand how Dick’s are staying afloat, the one by my house has terrible inventory and service.
My guess is Eddy has been injecting some funds and trying to keep it from going all Kmart. And selling stores to Sportman's.

Justtocheck

kiwifarms.net
Your use of strawman arguments and colorful language suggest you lack confidence in your position. There are many causes of violence in our society. I'm concerned about all of them.
Well first of all, I'm flattered that you like my language. I truly apreciate it.

Second, because slapfights on the internet are gay and frowned upon I don't go into detail. I don't want this to turn into the "debatefarm"

Third, and this will probably be it for me in this thread; My position is clear and confident. Wanna go hunting? Rent a shotgun or a 22. LR.. For personal protection? A 8 round magazine handgun, with MUCH BETTER controls and methods to make it harder to get. But an AR, AK, Mini-14 or anything that spews more than 10 rounds in a quick succesion? Fuck no. A civilian has to live a civilian life. He has no bussiness with war weaponry. Fuck your competition shooting and recreational shooting.

But guess what? Companies have made such a killing selling this stuff, that now you cannot defend yourself without it. Or at least claim so.

You all have been lucky. If a virgin incel or an old drunk can kill 50 and injure 100 in 10 minutes, god help you if a team of three kinda trained lunatics is on the loose and the swat team is not on immediate standbye. Do you think that you'll outdraw someone ambushing you out of the blue with modern weaponry?

Good luck

Hey, let's might as well bring back ammonium nitrate. I'll sell it to you on a discount. Your tomato fields will grow like crazy.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
Fair enough.

Sooo... because of a group of lefties that don't like to talk about how niggers and drug addicts commit crime the goverment should allow the sale of extremely dangerous weaponry to every micropenised incel with a boner for Columbine?

See... that's a bit of a Burger logic in my eyes. Eyes that are still in my head because a a 5.56 didn't go through them while I was in College.
You're trying to convince a bunch of yankees that they're abusing guns. You're not getting anywhere with that. No amount of stats is going to convince a yank that they do not need a gun.

There's going to be at least one person talking about his rural life after this who thinks I wouldn't make exceptions for people like him and it'll be hilarious. Gun nuts are like feminist women; You criticize one of them or a bad policy and they all pile on you with hurt feelings.

As for Dickie, that's his business and him taking out a chunk of his business isn't going to eliminate guns. They're part of the yank culture and they shall obtain them. Nobody's going to take away yankee toys, it's a stupid idea to even try it.

Coh

岩手に向かう老人は
kiwifarms.net
At last, some good news I don't ironically make fun at. Americans are so obtuse when it comes to gun control. All I hear from the gun crowd is "Duhhr... It's not the tool. You can kill someone with a hammer or a baseball bat, and they are legal. The AR is no different."

My goodness, an AR is a tool that can kill 40 people in less than 2 minutes (christchurch) and is easily hideable. You basically chose to endager the population so big gun corporations can make a killing. Not only in guns but all it's accesories Burgers love. Especially if they all come in XXXL.

At this point, Burger's are so idiotic when it comes to gun logic that I hope the wall gets done soon. It will protect all of Central and South America from you gun tooting exceptional individuals.

Oh, by the way, have fun watching your back in the movies every time an edgy, dystopic flick comes out. Get the latest chest plates. Support your local bussiness.
Oh look. It’s a “Yuropoor doesn’t understand that most gun deaths (like 60%) are the result of gangbangers shooting each other with pistols , 30% are flat out suicides with shotguns and/or pistols and the majority of the rest are police incidents and home defense ncidents (again not a a scary assault weapon but probably a pistol or shotgun)”. You are statistically more likely to die from a plane crash than you are from a semi-automatic rifle of any sort. That’s not even mentioning how the AR-15 is a boogeyman for scary “assault rifles” (which only licensed gun collectors like Ian from Forgotten Weapons or the C&Rsenal crew can get, never mind the fact that that is a term for actual select fire weapons used in military combat and doesn’t refer to their form factor at all (which tards like you belive)) when a Ruger Mini-14 or an M1 Garand can do the same shit despite not looking like military weapons. For someone that LARPs as being smarter than your average American, you’re fucking stupid , especially considering this is all compiled in FBI crime stats.

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
Well first of all, I'm flattered that you like my language. I truly apreciate it.

Second, because slapfights on the internet are gay and frowned upon I don't go into detail. I don't want this to turn into the "debatefarm"

Third, and this will probably be it for me in this thread; My position is clear and confident. Wanna go hunting? Rent a shotgun or a 22. LR.. For personal protection? A 8 round magazine handgun, with MUCH BETTER controls and methods to make it harder to get. But an AR, AK, Mini-14 or anything that spews more than 10 rounds in a quick succesion? Fuck no. A civilian has to live a civilian life. He has no bussiness with war weaponry. Fuck your competition shooting and recreational shooting.

But guess what? Companies have made such a killing selling this stuff, that now you cannot defend yourself without it. Or at least claim so.

You all have been lucky. If a virgin incel or an old drunk can kill 50 and injure 100 in 10 minutes, god help you if a team of three kinda trained lunatics is on the loose and the swat team is not on immediate standbye. Do you think that you'll outdraw someone ambushing you out of the blue with modern weaponry?

Good luck

Hey, let's might as well bring back ammonium nitrate. I'll sell it to you on a discount. Your tomato fields will grow like crazy.
Well, in the US, a (Californian?) law limiting magazines to 10 rounds was struck down for violating the 2nd amendment, and the reasoning, if I recall correctly, was about self defense, not fighting an army or anything like that.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Good luck

You're trying to convince a bunch of yankees that they're abusing guns. You're not getting anywhere with that. No amount of stats is going to convince a yank that they do not need a gun.

There's going to be at least one person talking about his rural life after this who thinks I wouldn't make exceptions for people like him and it'll be hilarious. Gun nuts are like feminist women; You criticize one of them or a bad policy and they all pile on you with hurt feelings.

As for Dickie, that's his business and him taking out a chunk of his business isn't going to eliminate guns. They're part of the yank culture and they shall obtain them. Nobody's going to take away yankee toys, it's a stupid idea to even try it.
It's seething Europoor hours. The great thing is that the Swiss are laughing at your dumb bong shit too.

Justtocheck

kiwifarms.net
m Forgotten Weapons or the C&Rsenal crew can get, never mind the fact that that is a term for actual select fire weapons used in military combat and doesn’t refer to their form factor at all (which tards like you belive)) when a Ruger Mini-14 or an M1 Garand can do the same shit despite not looking like military weapons. For someone that LARPs as being smarter than your average American, you’re fucking stupid , especially considering this is all compiled in FBI crime stats.
M1 Garand not looking like a military weapon?

I was actually going to make fun of your inability to use paragraphs, but now I just want Trump to finish the wall so all the burgers are nice and contained.

(Okay, that was really it. No more slapfights; I swear, this time I just had to.)

Last edited:

Bean Cheese

kiwifarms.net

Good luck

Jesus I can smell the IPA on this post. I'm sure your local police can respond to a mass stabbing just in time to save maybe 2 or 3 out of 20 from injury.

War weaponry my ass you pinko fudd nigger

Jump

kiwifarms.net
I didn't know Dick's sold guns openly. I assume they were just for hunting or show. If there's a will, there's a way. Good on them for advocating I suppose, but they still sell other things that could kill a person.
Years ago I went to Dicks to pick up mossberg combo that was on sale. The gun counter was empty and no one else in the store could help me because the guy who was trained to sell guns wasn't working at the time.
A friend of mine did manage to go back another day and get the sale but he said it was a big PITA. The "trained" worker had problems filing and doing the NICS/4473 in their system and when that was all done they wouldn't let my friend leave with the shotgun in hand because they where in a mall. He had to figure out how to drive around back to the loading docks where the worker placed it in the trunk of his car for him.

Now everyone knows if you want to overpay and shop at a fancy bigbox store then you just go to Cabala's. At least the people there know what they are doing when it comes to the paperwork and actually want to sell guns and ammo.

Attachments

Last edited:

inexplicable ethos

kiwifarms.net

I was actually going to make fun of your inability to use paragraphs, but now I just Trump to finish the wall so all the burgers are nice and contained.

(Okay, that was really it. No more slapfights; I swear, this time I just had to.)
Despite the obvious fact that he meant those guns didn't look like MODERN military weapons, even your misunderstanding is dumb. You point out that he's "wrong" because the M1 Garand looks like a military rifle, but not the Mini 14? Actually, do you even know what that is? I really hope the EU passes a new law soon that makes it illegal for EU citizens to discuss firearms on the Internet, it would make things so much nicer.

Clop

kiwifarms.net
Despite the obvious fact that he meant those guns didn't look like MODERN military weapons, even your misunderstanding is dumb. You point out that he's "wrong" because the M1 Garand looks like a military rifle, but not the Mini 14? Actually, do you even know what that is? I really hope the EU passes a new law soon that makes it illegal for EU citizens to discuss firearms on the Internet, it would make things so much nicer.

Now since you seem like a more rational person to speak to, I'm game; Guns aren't illegal in majority of the EU, it's simply restricted. And by "restricted" I mean "you ask nicely." It's really not that hard, I can vouch for that personally. Nobody's going to take American guns away, that much is obvious. I also know that it's not easy to get them in the US either, like some people insist it is. My gripe is that people act like guns are fucking toys all the goddamned time. You should be mandated proper training to handle one, especially the part where it says "always treat a firearm as if it's loaded."

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Well if he wants to flush 5 mil down the toilet then why would I stop him?

Now since you seem like a more rational person to speak to, I'm game; Guns aren't illegal in majority of the EU, it's simply restricted. And by "restricted" I mean "you ask nicely." It's really not that hard, I can vouch for that personally. Nobody's going to take American guns away, that much is obvious. I also know that it's not easy to get them in the US either, like some people insist it is. My gripe is that people act like guns are fucking toys all the goddamned time. You should be mandated proper training to handle one, especially the part where it says "always treat a firearm as if it's loaded."
In all honesty theres tons of people on both sides that do that from the gangstas who wave thier guns around all the time to the rednecks who dont keep the guns out of the reach of thier kids

inexplicable ethos

kiwifarms.net

I think it's both immoral and unconstitutional to limit a non-felon adult's ability to buy firearms at all. You can complain about people playing with their guns and treating them like toys, but that doesn't mean they should have their fundamental rights suppressed by the government when they haven't actually done anything wrong. And frankly, neither I nor any other American gun owner gives a micron of a shit what some European thinks about our gun laws or our use of firearms, except maybe to make fun of you.

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
I fail to see why I should lose the right to own a gun due to the carelessness and criminality of OTHER people who are NOT me.

Also, once you bought those guns, and they became your stock, I doubt the makers or the public gives a damn what you do with them. They aren't the last ones left in the world, the makers have your money, and if you chop em up you aren't getting any of that back.... it's just an expensive way to make some scrap.

I like how the people cheering on Dicks and trying to strong arm Wal Mart into discontinuing gun sales seem to be blissfully unaware of the massive Mom n Pop section of the gun market, there are three shops within an hour of me that let you walk in and out armed as long as you observe proper common sense gun handling and don't have to wait for some specialized employee to be on duty to sell you a gun. I use em all the time because they offer a superior product, prompt and knowledgeable service without a zillion liability-saving regulations and form filing gaffes.

Buying a gun at a big box store these days in on the way out due to shitty service, not because any of the anti-gun people are making any headway.

And my local private shops are more than happy to take on the customers.

Last edited:

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nobody's going to take American guns away, that much is obvious. I also know that it's not easy to get them in the US either, like some people insist it is.
Beto is campaigning on outlawing AR-15s and semi-auto rifles and the Democrats just tried to introduce a bill that would outlaw all semi-automatic guns, with ones produced before the law "grandfathered" in as if they were throwing us a bone or something. It's also fairly easy to get guns in quite a bit of the US. It took around an hour and a half to get my 870, and there's nothing wrong with that. Prohibitively hard to get weapons exist only in hellhole states like New York and California, and it's designed specifically to frustrate people into not buying weapons. Oregon just considered a law limiting you to buying one handgun, one long gun and twenty rounds a month. Luckily it was too batshit even for them and they declined to even try to pass it, and it sure pissed off the students who supported its batshit contents.

The M1 Garand and M1A don't look like modern military weapons, yeah. Gun control advocates work entirely off of what looks scary, and only the SOCOM version of the M1A looks scary.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino