Dinosaurs -

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I gotta be honest it does disappoint me that most Dinos apparently looked less like badass dragons and more like roided up turkeys.

Please let T-Rex at least stay a reptile God.
Oh you didn't know? this was resolved awhile ago, T-Rex did not have feathers and neither did any of the other North American dinosaurs of that size and type. Carnotaurus, Albertosaurus, Allosaurus, etc. they all had leathery or reptile like skin

Only a single gay chinese dinosaur did, and you know what? Fuck china it could be a fake because they have a history of faking shit and erasing/destroying stuff (they hid caucasian mummies that were found in China because the government thought that having white people appear in china thousands of years ago would destroy their modern day heritage).

Also i want to mention that Ostriches and their relatives like Cassowaries used to be smaller flighted birds before they evolved into what they are today. Their ancestors were feathered small birds and the lineage lost the ability of flight around the world multiple times. They were not Gallimimuses or Troodons. Birds(or Reverse Birds/Opposite Birds named for their switched shoulder structure) appeared towards the end of the cretacious peroid alonside dinosaurs, they didn't come after the great extinction.

Last edited:

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Oh you didn't know? this was resolved awhile ago, T-Rex did not have feathers and neither did any of the other North American dinosaurs of that size and type. Carnotaurus, Albertosaurus, Allosaurus, etc. they all had leathery or reptile like skin

Only a single gay chinese dinosaur did, and you know what? Fuck china it could be a fake because they have a history of faking shit and erasing/destroying stuff (they hid caucasian mummies that were found in China because the government thought that having white people appear in china thousands of years ago would destroy their modern day heritage).

Also i want to mention that Ostriches and their relatives like Cassowaries used to be smaller flighted birds before they evolved into what they are today. Their ancestors were feathered small birds and the lineage lost the ability of flight around the world multiple times. They were not Gallimimuses or Troodons. Birds(or Reverse Birds/Opposite Birds named for their switched shoulder structure) appeared towards the end of the cretacious peroid alonside dinosaurs, they didn't come after the great extinction.
...This, this is good.

Velociraptor might've turned out to be an overgrown chicken but at least the king still gets to be cool.

• Feels
Reactions: Ciscoipphone

Medafag

I need a better username.
kiwifarms.net
I like Ceratosaurus. I used to be a pleb who liked Spinosaurus the best until modern paleontology nerfed the fuck out of it
Man... i know that feel, somehow, we went from this

To this

I want to believe a full Spinosaurus skeleton will be discovered one day, hopefully it will prove it was a bipedal creature, because i just can't get used to this new interpretation

Last edited:

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
it should be noted that the people pushing EVERYTHING HAS FEATHERS bullshit are either furries or gay or both.

They want to emasculate dinosaurs. So if you see concept art of a BRAND NEW LARGE DINOSAUR and it has feathers, it's drawn by one of those people.

There will be other renditions drawn by other artists, it's looking like that most of these "feathers" were just quills or spikes since having avian flight feathers on dinosaurs is flat out wrong since they couldn't fly and flight feathers evolved much later. The quills wouldn't be downy fluff either in young dinosaurs they would be bumps or kinda like skin tabs.

There's also seemingly a cutoff point for when these types of quills appear on dinosaurs and it seems to be any dinosaur that's larger than a manlet.

Which means manlet dinosaurs were probably raging closeted homosexual gay just like modern human manlets, which is why this feather bullshit is being pushed by homo gay furries.

ICametoLurk

SCREW YOUR OPTICS, I'M GOING IN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Earth needs to die for what it did to the dinosaurs. We are their instrument of vengeance from beyond the grave.

• Winner
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Jasonfan89

Aka horrorfan89
kiwifarms.net
The utahtaptor is probably the coolest of the raptors. And possibly the biggest. The big fella gets almost no love in dinosaur media not even the king of it Jurassic Park only acknowledged him twice in the toy line by Kenner in 1994 and then again in 1997 but never again.
utahraptor.jpg
Utah_toy.jpg

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom Resurrection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Utahraptor is super cool and I wish it got more media attention... It's easily the biggest dromaeosaur but gets shelved because of Velociraptor.
Velociraptor mainly got big because of Jurassic Park, which came out the same year Utahraptor was discovered.

Before 1993, the dromaeosaur that was most common in media was Deinonychus and it's sort of telling that the velociraptors in Jurassic Park have more in common with Deinonychus than the actual velociraptor (which was the size of a turkey or large pheasant)

• Informative

Billfreely

Hey Hey Hey! That's not okay!
kiwifarms.net
Deinonychus is my absolute favorite dino. As the 10 year old in me never really died, Dinosaurs with sharp teeth and slashing claws are just too cool to me.

I also have a soft spot for marine creatures, so Spinosaurus is a very close second for me. I find the recent fossil discoveries for Spinosaurus interesting rather than a letdown like a lot of people do.

Mao Hao Hao

Nyaaaa....
kiwifarms.net
I like pretty much any of the hadrosaurs. A lot of them may have been absolute idiots, but I think they would have been fun to watch and they would sound like gigantic ducks. My absolute favourite dinosaur would have to be stegosaurus though, I think child me saw the cool plates and killer tailspikes and thought it looked cool, despite its tiny brain (that and Spike was my favourite character from the Land Before Time).

Reactions: Billfreely

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Before 1993, the dromaeosaur that was most common in media was Deinonychus and it's sort of telling that the velociraptors in Jurassic Park have more in common with Deinonychus than the actual velociraptor (which was the size of a turkey or large pheasant)
Yup, it was by purposeful design the dinosaurs were described as Deinonychus, but then were called Velociraptor by everyone else because it's cooler-sounding and easier to pronounce. Probably is no surprise they turned out to be bloodthirsty beasts in the original series, outside of scientists fucking with their DNA, they're angry they were being mislabeled. :lol:

With that said, I've decided ages ago that I want to befriend a Deinonychus in the afterlife and then we'll go explore space together. Hey, anything is possible when you're dead, and I want to take a dinosaur out on a quasar ride.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Mister Qwerty

kiwifarms.net
Yup, it was by purposeful design the dinosaurs were described as Deinonychus, but then were called Velociraptor by everyone else because it's cooler-sounding and easier to pronounce. Probably is no surprise they turned out to be bloodthirsty beasts in the original series, outside of scientists fucking with their DNA, they're angry they were being mislabeled. :lol:

With that said, I've decided ages ago that I want to befriend a Deinonychus in the afterlife and then we'll go explore space together. Hey, anything is possible when you're dead, and I want to take a dinosaur out on a quasar ride.
I always prefered Robert Bakker's drawing of Deinonychus.

ostrom_bakker-illo.jpg

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
idk about anyone else, but I've gotten REALLY annoyed at the constant insistence with people calling birds dinosaurs. Like not even simply that they evolved from them, just straight up calling them dinosaurs, to the point where some lunatics want to categorize birds as fucking reptiles now.

Do we call amphibans "fish" or mammal "reptiles" because one came from the other? Fuck no. Let birds be their own separate thing dammit.