Discontinued Foods That We Miss. - A memorial for those gone too soon.

End world hunger or bring back your favorite discontinued food?

• Bring back favorite discontinued food.

Votes: 249 60.6%
  • End world hunger.

Votes: 73 17.8%
  • Abolish the United States mixed market economy and have communism prevail.

Votes: 89 21.7%

• Total voters

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
This used to be great.

1565072990558.png

It was about Red Bull size, actually tasted good (instead of tasting like fizzy Flintstones vitamins) and had a great can.

They brought it back once but it's long dead now, I believe.

• Feels
Reactions: JM 590

edboy

cum tribute
kiwifarms.net
These bitches were the staple of any 99 Cents Only store purchases, and had no right to be as cheap yet so tasty as they were. Nobody that I know remembers them, though.
Even simply looking up photos bring up low res images from 15 year old website pages.
cheddarfetti.jpg

Trilby

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not so much a specific food, but a whole restaurant offering. I remember my folks always getting this but I never thought to ask!

These bitches were the staple of any 99 Cents Only store purchases, and had no right to be as cheap yet so tasty as they were. Nobody that I know remembers them, though.
Even simply looking up photos bring up low res images from 15 year old website pages.
View attachment 880729
I noticed they're made by Stauffer's. They're currently owned by the Japanese company Meiji Confectionery.

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
KFC Twister wraps were one of my favorite quick lunches if I was out running errands and wanted to grab a bite. Don't even particularly care for KFC that much, but these were delicious.

images.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: Shaved Kiwis

welsho

kiwifarms.net
I've read these are still available at Kroger, but alas, I do not live in Kroger territory. Don't be fooled by cheap imitations (looking at you Einsteins).

Attachments

• Informative
Reactions: Trilby

Newfriend

Bully in a bully-free zone
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
435453534.jpg

Just the chocolate ones. It's been a few years since I've seen toaster strudels at all but it's always some fruit flavored one. Maybe the chocolate ones are available in burgerland but I haven't seen the chocolates in a couple decades.

I'm told that they tasted like shit and made people sick but I don't care, I'm a sucker for easy made chocolate pastries.

Last edited:

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Not so much a specific food, but a whole restaurant offering. I remember my folks always getting this but I never thought to ask!

I noticed they're made by Stauffer's. They're currently owned by the Japanese company Meiji Confectionery.
My dad helped kill this. He was part of a group that monitored food costs vs. number of superbar meals sold. They found that Wendy's was losing somewhere between $.25 to $.75 per order. And that's not counting the scammers who'd get a premade salad and take the lid over to fill up at the superbar.

Really Wendy's only started a salad bar/superbar to kill Rax.

I miss a particular Pocky
6621324C-ACF6-4852-B1B8-813F33C9108F.jpeg

You can still find this, but they changed the formula. It used to have much bigger chunks of dried strawberry and was better.

Dom Cruise

Birthday
kiwifarms.net
I haven't noticed any bags of Blaze-flavored Doritos lately myself. Always a shame how come-and-go these flavors can be.
Isn't the point of those limited flavors to entice you to try them and then get you to buy the regular flavors when you get addicted but the special flavor is gone?

sweetarts squeez for sure. always picked one up whenever i went shopping and tried to ration it to make it last (to no avail because they were so fucking good) o7

View attachment 875976
Back in 2012 or so Wonka had these little apple flavored gummy cubes and damn they were good, but very, very short lived.

Wonderballs. My mom used to buy em for me all the time.
For some reason I'll never forget the commercial jingle: "Oh I wonder, wonder, wonder, what's in a Wonderball!?"

Reactions: peepaa

peepaa

get it
kiwifarms.net
Back in 2012 or so Wonka had these little apple flavored gummy cubes and damn they were good, but very, very short lived.
damn. those came and went without me knowing they existed. anything apple-flavoured is bomb so i trust your judgement

• Disagree
Reactions: FuckedUp

Dom Cruise

Birthday
kiwifarms.net
damn. those came and went without me knowing they existed. anything apple-flavoured is bomb so i trust your judgement
They were like an explosion of apple flavor in your mouth, they were delicious and it really breaks my heart they're no more.

• Feels
Reactions: peepaa

Trilby

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've read these are still available at Kroger, but alas, I do not live in Kroger territory. Don't be fooled by cheap imitations (looking at you Einsteins).
I'll have to check my local Kroger soon and see if they do, I was already pissed they stopped stocking Weetabix lately.

I miss these lil niggas like you wouldn't believe...

Odd they didn't keep that flavor around.

My dad helped kill this. He was part of a group that monitored food costs vs. number of superbar meals sold. They found that Wendy's was losing somewhere between $.25 to $.75 per order. And that's not counting the scammers who'd get a premade salad and take the lid over to fill up at the superbar.
Didn't know that.

Really Wendy's only started a salad bar/superbar to kill Rax.
There's a restaurant I miss, but didn't eat there all that much.

I miss a particular Pocky
View attachment 883128

You can still find this, but they changed the formula. It used to have much bigger chunks of dried strawberry and was better.
It's a shame when they cheapen the ingredients.

Grinrow

kiwifarms.net
I would spend alot of money on a pristine box of these that have been sitting in someones freezer for the past 15 years

proxy.duckduckgo.jpg

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino