Discontinued Foods That We Miss. - A memorial for those gone too soon.

End world hunger or bring back your favorite discontinued food?

• Bring back favorite discontinued food.

Votes: 249 60.6%
  • End world hunger.

Votes: 73 17.8%
  • Abolish the United States mixed market economy and have communism prevail.

Votes: 89 21.7%

• Total voters

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
In terms of alcoholic beverages, I am by no means a fan of hard cider (or any super sweet beverages for that matter). For instance, I will never forget the time I tried Redd's Apple Ale. People said my reaction to it reminded them of how Buddy the Elf reacted to spraying perfume in his mouth.

That said ... There was ONE cider that I loved. And that was Strongbow. It was quite a dry and refreshing hard cider; tasted more like champagne and not very sweet at all. It was absolutely delicious.

In 2014, the OG Strongbow was discontinued in the United States. Apparently you can find the original anywhere in the UK. But here? Nope. Strongbow was butchered to "suit" the tastebuds of the fatasses in America. They call it "Strongbow Gold." The stuff tastes so sugary now that I feel like I would get diabetes if I finished a bottle or a can. They totally ruined it, and I am forever bitter about it.

nonvir_1984

Never amount to anything! And they were right.
kiwifarms.net
In terms of alcoholic beverages, I am by no means a fan of hard cider (or any super sweet beverages for that matter). For instance, I will never forget the time I tried Redd's Apple Ale. People said my reaction to it reminded them of how Buddy the Elf reacted to spraying perfume in his mouth.

That said ... There was ONE cider that I loved. And that was Strongbow. It was quite a dry and refreshing hard cider; tasted more like champagne and not very sweet at all. It was absolutely delicious.

In 2014, the OG Strongbow was discontinued in the United States. Apparently you can find the original anywhere in the UK. But here? Nope. Strongbow was butchered to "suit" the tastebuds of the fatasses in America. They call it "Strongbow Gold." The stuff tastes so sugary now that I feel like I would get diabetes if I finished a bottle or a can. They totally ruined it, and I am forever bitter about it.
have you tried a scrumpy? Not fizzy but I can drink lots. I do not like sweet cider at all but the dry tart brew is very refreshing.

• Informative
Reactions: StarkRavingMad

nonvir_1984

Never amount to anything! And they were right.
kiwifarms.net
I had an uncle who was in Papua New Guinea in the 1970s, just as they were given independence. He was in a remote area and asked one of the natives what he missed about the "old days". The native replied: eating people.
The Hannibal Lector/Jeff Dahmer answer.

HIVidaBoheme

Intersectional Basic Bitch
kiwifarms.net
White cheddar and onion microwavable popcorn.

I can't remember for the life of me which brand it was, but back in the late 90s early 2000s they were the shit :(

Dom Cruise

Birthday
kiwifarms.net
White cheddar and onion microwavable popcorn.

I can't remember for the life of me which brand it was, but back in the late 90s early 2000s they were the shit :(
Back in the 90s Pop Secret had this type of popcorn that came with a little pack of butter sauce you'd squirt on it after it was popped, I have a lot of memories of eating that at nights spent at my grandma's house.

• Agree
Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Back in the 90s Pop Secret had this type of popcorn that came with a little pack of butter sauce you'd squirt on it after it was popped, I have a lot of memories of eating that at nights spent at my grandma's house.
Orville Redenbacher also had one of these except it was a cheesy butter. That was good.

Dr. Dingo DVM

Not particularly clever or funny
kiwifarms.net
Seconding somewhere earlier, Dunkaroos were the best.

Not so much a food as a drink because I'm a basic bitch. Starbucks in Japan had the best latte I've ever had, an apple crumble latte. It was basically a cinnamon apple latte with whipped cream, caramel cinnamon sauce, and crumbled pie crust. It was diabetes in a cup and I miss the shit out of it.

AbyssStarer

kiwifarms.net
I have no damn idea why but none of the stores here have this
1566245955049.png
or this
1566245987432.png

The stores here in general have too many brands and not enough different flavors. yet we get some weird flavors because they test shit on markets here

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
MESSAGE TO A G BARR plc OPEN LETTER

A G BARR... Once a fine company that brought us sweet nectars such as Tizer, Red Kola and the king, IRN BRU.

330ML-TIZER-CAN-PLAIN.jpgBarr_Red-Kola.jpgPlain-Can_Small.jpg

YOU CUNTS!!! YOU RUINED THEM ALL!!!

Slowly but surely, all of them were turned into chemically shit.
(Even if I did swear off IRN BRU after I left a can out overnight and whiffed the resulting mixture. Also the fact that I stained the carpet with it and it never came out)

If they kill off their cream soda recipe expect Sam Hyde to pay them a visit. They might already have as I haven't had it in ages (:_(

Looney Troons

Certified Ethical Troon-Hater
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I miss the Italian Cheese Blend Gardetto’s the most. Chex Mix also had this Honey BBQ flavor in the late 90s. I would mix the Bold and Honey BBQ flavors together - so good.

Reactions: PL 001

glass_houses

Absolutely impartial.
kiwifarms.net
DabEknlOQOdGjNk-800x450-noPad.jpg

By the time I knew it was discontinued it'd disappeared. No chance to stock up. Hands down the best ice cream I'd had in years.

Also Willie Wonka's Mudslides... fucking delicious. Still miss them even though they were discontinued fifteen odd years ago.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino