Discontinued Foods That We Miss. - A memorial for those gone too soon.

End world hunger or bring back your favorite discontinued food?

• Bring back favorite discontinued food.

Votes: 299 60.6%
  • End world hunger.

Votes: 84 17.0%
  • Abolish the United States mixed market economy and have communism prevail.

Votes: 110 22.3%

• Total voters

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
Yep. still being sold in Canada. Walmart has them, and I think you can find them at no frills and superstore, but I'll have to double check.

We also still have fruitopia as well. it is good shit. don't know why you americans pulled it from your shelves.
My fren, that is the first redeeming quality of Canada I have ever heard. Good to know.

Overcooked Raccoon

Mildly interesting.
kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of Sobe which I think is gone as well.
Sobe still makes these dinky ass fruity water drinks. But the real prize for them imo was the Elixir drinks.
41bFWIRs89L._SX425_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA425SH20_.jpg

You can still buy them their other drinks in sets on Amazon which they're a group of 12 for like $30+ (shipping is a fucking bitch at over $20)

At my job our food truck guy would always bring these and I fucking loved the Strawberry Banana one. Didn't look until later on and realize how hard they are to come by.

Last edited:

Dr. Ricearoni

This isn't even my most autistic form
kiwifarms.net
Fuckin, there used to be all these weird kinds of lunchables back when I was a kid, like the kinda stuff you just shouldn't eat cold even if it was safe to. Like the mini hot dog lunchables and the beef taco lunchables. I remember them tasting like absolute shit but being obsessed with them anyways. It was the stockholm syndrome of prepackaged foods.

TatsunoKuri

Designated Art Hobo
kiwifarms.net
Fuckin, there used to be all these weird kinds of lunchables back when I was a kid, like the kinda stuff you just shouldn't eat cold even if it was safe to. Like the mini hot dog lunchables and the beef taco lunchables. I remember them tasting like absolute shit but being obsessed with them anyways. It was the stockholm syndrome of prepackaged foods.
The nacho ones weren't that bad, imho. That, along with the Caprisun that came with it made it worth-wile.

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't even think you can describe the flavor of the tacos. The taste is literally unidentifiable. That's not in any way a praise either, just what the fuck is that?

Beavis

Dilweed
kiwifarms.net
My favorite fast food item is the defunct big fat crispy chicken taco from Del Taco.

deltaco_big_fat_crispy_chicken_taco.jpg

I used to get this every time I went to Del Taco in the early 2000s. It was brought back in 2010 but it wasn't as good and the chicken was small strips. It was discontinued again shortly after it was brought back.

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
I used to get this every time I went to Del Taco in the early 2000s. It was brought back in 2010 but it wasn't as good and the chicken was small strips. It was discontinued again shortly after it was brought back.
Taco Bell briefly dabbled in providing decent food when it first introduced the carne asada tacos. Those things were great, they got the sauce right and the meat was noticeably higher quality.

After a year or two, they "updated" it by basically downgrading every aspect of it. My theory is it made the rest of the menu look bad by comparison, so it had to be nerfed.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Autumnal Equinox

Dysnomia

Save trees. Wipe your ass with Corona-chan
kiwifarms.net
I know it was somewhat divisive, but goddamn I miss Necco Wafers. I kept looking for them in grocery stores for months before i realized the company had been shut down.
Sky Bar came back. So maybe Necco Wafers will too. I heard that the Conversation Hearts will return for Valentines. They are essentially the same thing.

It is SOBE. It was of their special drinks that came out for only one summer.
I really lived Lizard Blizzard when I was a kid. I googled and it's still around. You can get it at ShopRite. But I don't really shop there. Looks like that supermarket also sells Penn Maid yogurt too. I wonder if they still make the little cheesecakes in the plastic cups. ShopRite seems to carry a bunch of brands that I thought were gone. If you have a ShopRite in your state check it out and see what you can find.

That Lifeway stuff? As someone who worked in a Dairy Department as his first gig, That shit was a huge money sink, the shelf life was terrible and it was so expensive we had to throw out half of what we brought in because it went out of date before it sold.
I think you can still get it. But I haven't seen the coffee flavor in forever. I really liked that one and only got o try it once. I was drinking cultured tard cum for awhile for my stomach. But now I just go to the local Halal grocery for stuff like that. I want to try the cashew fruit juice sometime. It wasn't even that expensive. And they have all these britbong drinks and candies too.

IBrokeBob

kiwifarms.net
Once upon a time McDonald's sold orange shakes. They were so good , like a dreamsicle flavor of orange and cream but werent around for long.

Also long ago, burger king had a thinly sliced ham sandwich with melted cheese called the Yumbo. It was so very good.

I miss orange sweettarts. Orange used to be a main flavor and they sold big chewy orange sweettarts once upon a time but i havent seen them in years.

Cinnamon tic tacs are also long gone but i do not miss them at all. Having eaten an entire box of them in an hour as a child and being sick for days cured me of them. Good riddance!

Reactions: Adamska

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Girl Scouts getting rid of the Lemon Pastry Cremes has left a void in my heart. Those were my best-selling cookie in my scouting days. Animal Treasures were good too, even though it was just shortbread with a dip of chocolate on one side. Those were my dad's favorite and I remember how exciting it was when they first came out.

• Feels
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Double Dee

Buttered toast.
kiwifarms.net
I just found out last night that Taco Bell stopped making Double-Deckers. For those that don't know, I'd call it the proto-Gordita Crunch- a regular crunchy taco, a soft taco shell around that, with refried beans to glue it together. MEGA OOF, those suckers were filling for $2 and change.

(Also, even though I never had one, I'm in support of bringing back the Bell Beefer.)

On the subject of Taco Bell, they have those value boxes for $6-8 with all the food; I miss the original Cravings Box- a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, a Crunchy Taco, Cinnamon Twists, pretty sure there was a burrito, and a soda. It was WAY too much on the carbs, but damn it, I would down those things.

Another one I kinda miss in the fast food swing is French toast sticks. In a pinch, alongside a bit of sausage, that was decent eats. But they're such a witch to find now- only place I know of that does them still is Burger King, and BK's food doesn't sit well with me.

Tags
None