Discontinued Foods That We Miss. - A memorial for those gone too soon.

End world hunger or bring back your favorite discontinued food?

• Bring back favorite discontinued food.

Votes: 299 60.6%
  • End world hunger.

Votes: 84 17.0%
  • Abolish the United States mixed market economy and have communism prevail.

Votes: 110 22.3%

• Total voters

Autumnal Equinox

Null killed my avatar
kiwifarms.net
If we're talking about discontinued fast food, I miss those KFC Twister wraps. Made a great quick lunch.

Haven't had it since I was 12, but I remember liking the Arch Deluxe. I'd like to see it come back for a limited run and try it again.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Tour of Italy

Open for ToGo carside pickup and family delivery.
kiwifarms.net
95931817-09BF-4506-9E49-729507BF8E8C.jpeg
Mutha

Fuckin

Waffle Crisp

This one is especially tragic to me, since it died a slow death. It was partially discontinued and largely unavailable on the east coast for the better part of a decade.

Imagine my shock then, when my sister living in the west gets me a brand new fucking box of it for Christmas in 2014. One that she picked up at Walmart of all places. She knew I was kind of obsessed with it as a kid. I still consider it in my Buzzfeed’s Top 10 Most Thoughtful Christmas Presents to a Cynical Shut-in Who Didn’t Have Their Fucking Life Together and Mostly Still Doesn’t.

It was a dark time, and both my sister and the syrupy goodness pulled through for me that season.

I eventually moved out west myself where the Crisp floweth, and found myself content enjoying the occasional bowl. Not wanting to overdo the magic, I bought a box every few months, on and off, until it wasn’t on my mind as much. Eventually I reached the point where I’d want some, check the aisle, not see it and think “maybe next time”. After all, they were still making it where I lived, so what was the rush?

Waffle Crisp was permanently discontinued in August of 2018 and I never got to say goodbye.

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
On the subject of Taco Bell, they have those value boxes for $6-8 with all the food; I miss the original Cravings Box- a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, a Crunchy Taco, Cinnamon Twists, pretty sure there was a burrito, and a soda. It was WAY too much on the carbs, but damn it, I would down those things.
The original box had chips and cheese, not cinnamon twists, and was and is still $5. The cinnamon twists aren't really that good, much disappointment when the nachos were replaced with those.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The original box had chips and cheese, not cinnamon twists, and was and is still $5. The cinnamon twists aren't really that good, much disappointment when the nachos were replaced with those.
They're like a super weak imitation of churros, even more weak than most of the sad trash they sell at Taco Hell.

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
Back when I was a kid, I remember occasionally my parents would buy a cheese... substance. It was something on the order of Cheeze Wiz, basically, but it came in a... tube. Like a sausage chub, but there was a little plastic valve on the side you could squeeze the cheese out of.

I don't remember what it was called, but I remember always loving it when we had it.

edit to add

Apparently it was called "Squeeze-a-Snack", and Kraft made it.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Back when I was a kid, I remember occasionally my parents would buy a cheese... substance. It was something on the order of Cheeze Wiz, basically, but it came in a... tube. Like a sausage chub, but there was a little plastic valve on the side you could squeeze the cheese out of.
I think that's exactly the stuff that's now in aerosol cans.

tranny2000

jpeg is my middle name
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1121198Mutha

Fuckin

Waffle Crisp

This one is especially tragic to me, since it died a slow death. It was partially discontinued and largely unavailable on the east coast for the better part of a decade.

Imagine my shock then, when my sister living in the west gets me a brand new fucking box of it for Christmas in 2014. One that she picked up at Walmart of all places. She knew I was kind of obsessed with it as a kid. I still consider it in my Buzzfeed’s Top 10 Most Thoughtful Christmas Presents to a Cynical Shut-in Who Didn’t Have Their Fucking Life Together and Mostly Still Doesn’t.

It was a dark time, and both my sister and the syrupy goodness pulled through for me that season.

I eventually moved out west myself where the Crisp floweth, and found myself content enjoying the occasional bowl. Not wanting to overdo the magic, I bought a box every few months, on and off, until it wasn’t on my mind as much. Eventually I reached the point where I’d want some, check the aisle, not see it and think “maybe next time”. After all, they were still making it where I lived, so what was the rush?

Waffle Crisp was permanently discontinued in August of 2018 and I never got to say goodbye.
I'm honestly really shocked. I had no idea that was discontinued. I loved that shit.

But my most missed food of all time will always be Yogos Bits, especially the berry flavor, and the Kids Mix.
DSaGU35XUAELSzT.jpg
For those who sadly never ate yogos, it was like a super tiny sour gummy covered in Nerd coating. I would sell my soul to taste these again.
5124pFEXUvL._SX425_PIbundle-8,TopRight,0,0_AA425SH20_.jpg
I know the Ultimate Cheddar mix was posted a couple times, but Kids Mix was the real OG. Never has diabetes tasted as good as Captain Crunch covered in Dorito dust. Rest in peace.

CWCchange

ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ
kiwifarms.net
Was I the only one who liked Wendy's "W" sandwich from the early 2010s, as a signature sandwich instead of their gay no signature sandwich, and instead muh Dave's Hot & Juicy... square patties concept. It was around the same time they upped their quality before hitting rock bottom today.

• Agree
Reactions: Martys_not_smarty

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was I the only one who liked Wendy's "W" sandwich from the early 2010s, as a signature sandwich instead of their gay no signature sandwich, and instead muh Dave's Hot & Juicy... square patties concept. It was around the same time they upped their quality before hitting rock bottom today.
Rock bottom? Nope, that'd have been about 5-7 years ago, when I was given an amazingly bad and dry burger with a cold and soggy bun.

They've been consistently competent cooking wise with their food, but amazingly shit at getting it right in my experience.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
They just brought back the Big Bacon Classic which is the W burger but with Bacon.

Nonconsentual Pronouns

Apocalyptic Troon Patrol
kiwifarms.net
Every time I search up Pinnacle's cookie dough vodka, I get a boatload of sites saying they have it. Without fail, when I go to take a closer look, it's never there. Cockteasing cunts.

This shit is drinkable to the point where people who don't like the taste of ethanol could very easily take straight shots of it. Master bartenders and alcoholic teenage girls alike still tell legends of the mudslides created by a holy union of this cookie dough vodka and chocolate ice cream. Blessed be our boozy Lord, that He may return and bless us with His second coming.
pinnacle cookie dough vodka.jpg

CWCchange

ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ
kiwifarms.net
They just brought back the Big Bacon Classic which is the W burger but with Bacon.
Maybe I'll try that, Trump's Chosen 2B.

I haven't been to Wendy's in months, and the last couple times have been disappointment, but I deserved it getting the 4 for $4, which is basically quantity food standing out for a day over quality, which IIRC "quality is our recipe" was a slogan they once had.

It doesn't help that the locations nearest to me are nasty.

Every time I search up Pinnacle's cookie dough vodka, I get a boatload of sites saying they have it. Without fail, when I go to take a closer look, it's never there. Cockteasing cunts.

This shit is drinkable to the point where people who don't like the taste of ethanol could very easily take straight shots of it. Master bartenders and alcoholic teenage girls alike still tell legends of the mudslides created by a holy union of this cookie dough vodka and chocolate ice cream. Blessed be our boozy Lord, that He may return and bless us with His second coming.
View attachment 1141865
Pinnacle made loads of flavored vodka, and discontinued the best ones.

toilet_rainbow

like a monster truck in the nightlife
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1141865
I regret never trying that or the Swedish Fish one. I had the Cinnabon Pinnacle as a mini bottle and it tasted like boozy Vanilla Coke when added to Coke.

Three Olives had a Marilyn Monroe branded “strawberries and cream” vodka that was delicious as a mixer. I kept the empty bottle as decoration for years but someone threw it out. Assholes. I think Three Olives offers a strawberry vodka now, but without the whipped cream component.

Loaded baked potato pringles. Tasted like heaven.
Guy's Barbeque chips, too. I know you can order them online in bulk but I miss being able to find them in grocery stores.
The loaded baked potato Pringles are discontinued? Crap, those were like crack. I loved the pizza ones as a kid and they were discontinued for years before being reintroduced.

Tags
None