Discontinued Foods That We Miss. - A memorial for those gone too soon.

End world hunger or bring back your favorite discontinued food?

• Bring back favorite discontinued food.

Votes: 299 60.8%
  • End world hunger.

Votes: 84 17.1%
  • Abolish the United States mixed market economy and have communism prevail.

Votes: 109 22.2%

• Total voters

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
I miss Sprite Remix. Loved that back in the early-mid 2000's as a kid.

I know they brought it back for a while under a different name, but I'm not sure if they made it a full-time flavor or if it was a one-time thing. Never got to try it when they brought it back.

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
Back when I was a kid, I remember occasionally my parents would buy a cheese... substance. It was something on the order of Cheeze Wiz, basically, but it came in a... tube. Like a sausage chub, but there was a little plastic valve on the side you could squeeze the cheese out of.

I don't remember what it was called, but I remember always loving it when we had it.

edit to add

Apparently it was called "Squeeze-a-Snack", and Kraft made it.

Forgot it came in flavors!
1582308683132.png

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Random Generator 3

kiwifarms.net
[
Also, Taco Bell seems to have discontinued my beloved caramel apple empanadas, which were basically like the old fried version of McDonald's apple pies. Damn them.
I was in the midst of an obsession with these when they were discontinued. WHY did they take them away? They were so yummy.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
[

I was in the midst of an obsession with these when they were discontinued. WHY did they take them away? They were so yummy.
Taco Bell is apparently only allowed to sell absolute garbage that looks exactly the same as it looks coming out of your digestive system 10 minutes later. If they accidentally have something good they have to get rid of it nearly immediately.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Taco Bell is apparently only allowed to sell absolute garbage that looks exactly the same as it looks coming out of your digestive system 10 minutes later. If they accidentally have something good they have to get rid of it nearly immediately.
Oh, so that's why they're trying to go vegetarian for whatever exceptional reason.

• Winner
Reactions: Autumnal Equinox

twi1992

Buckle the Fuck Up Slut, We're Geting Shitfaced.
kiwifarms.net
My favorite Japanese curry place has closed up out of nowhere.
One of the few redeeming things this dumbass State has is gone. (:_(
I just heard about that! Every time I went to Curry House, it was full so it's certainly surprising. RIP Gudetama curry plates.

WonderWino

kiwifarms.net
Most people under their early 30s have probably never heard of this one but screaming saucers. They were these small sour candies that were covered in this blue powder that turned your mouth and teeth blue for up to a day if you ate several at once. They were popular around 1992 - 1993 and schools went apeshit at the time because kids would eat a few before class pictures were taken so you'd have everyone with bright blue mouths in their pictures. Needless to say parents were not amused and raised hell with the school, demanding refunds and reshoots. The candies were very verboten after that to the point they threatened to expel a few kids for having them and for literally selling them to other kids around the school and in the alley behind the school like they were crack

saucers.jpg

Autumnal Equinox

Dance with me, Kiwis!
kiwifarms.net
Most people under their early 30s have probably never heard of this one but screaming saucers. They were these small sour candies that were covered in this blue powder that turned your mouth and teeth blue for up to a day if you ate several at once. They were popular around 1992 - 1993 and schools went apeshit at the time because kids would eat a few before class pictures were taken so you'd have everyone with bright blue mouths in their pictures. Needless to say parents were not amused and raised hell with the school, demanding refunds and reshoots. The candies were very verboten after that to the point they threatened to expel a few kids for having them and for literally selling them to other kids around the school and in the alley behind the school like they were crack

View attachment 1176660
I remember these. Same with Tongue Splashers gum in the early 90s. Teachers absolutely went mental when kids would show up with multicolored mouths.

• Agree
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Starburst licorice. It was so fucking good. The closest thing like is that sweet and sour filled licorice.

Tags
None