Discontinued Foods That We Miss. - A memorial for those gone too soon.

End world hunger or bring back your favorite discontinued food?

• Bring back favorite discontinued food.

Votes: 372 61.4%
  • End world hunger.

Votes: 102 16.8%
  • Abolish the United States mixed market economy and have communism prevail.

Votes: 132 21.8%

• Total voters

CWCchange

Ɔʍɔɔɥɐuƃǝ
kiwifarms.net
The throwbacks I wouldn't say are an identity crisis, it was a reaction to the "Eww HFCS" crowd/fad that was going on 10 years ago.

If only they brought back Pepsi Twist.
If that were the case, they wouldn't have been constantly changing the fucking packaging and names of the drinks. I mean, hasn't the Coke Zero equivalent been called like three or four different and conflicting names?

UselessIdiot

Time Waits For No Ma'am
kiwifarms.net
There was this Pepsi Jazz from 2006-2009, which only came in diet and had Black cherry French vanilla, strawberries & cream, and caramel cream flavor. I only got to try the black cherry French vanilla one, but I loved it and would buy it in cans all the time.

Pepsi Twist was also great and don't know why it was discontinued. Cola with lemon flavor is amazing. Same with Diet Pepsi Lime, which it seems is gone too.

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If that were the case, they wouldn't have been constantly changing the fucking packaging and names of the drinks. I mean, hasn't the Coke Zero equivalent been called like three or four different and conflicting names?
Pepsi as far as I know only changed "X throw back" to "X with real sugar"
Coke Zero was reformulated and the name was changed to "Coke Zero Sugar"

Coke has a lot of different "diet" versions, Diet Coke, Coke Zero (Sugar), Coke Life (which is less calories not 0), and Diet Coke Splenda. (and this is only "classic coke".
Pepsi only currently has at most 3 at market, but it seems Coke and Pepsi play with diet soda a lot to try and find what works the best.

CWCchange

Ɔʍɔɔɥɐuƃǝ
kiwifarms.net
To tell you the truth, I forgot about Coke Zero adding "Sugar" to the end. Shame on me, because it made the word filter that used to be in place funnier.

I was referring more to Pepsi Zero Sugar/Pepsi Max/Diet Pepsi Max, also called Pepsi Nex in some countries while there was half-and-half Pepsi Next.

toilet_rainbow

like a monster truck in the nightlife
kiwifarms.net
That stroopwafel McFlurry that McDonalds carried last summer was actually pretty good. While we're on fast food ice cream, the Midnight Truffle Blizzard was the shit. Dairy Queen fucked up big time discontinuing it. I ate so many of those fucking things in college.

I also kinda liked the McD's tenders because they were always super hot and fresh. That is the Corona chan food loss I miss the most (besides Coke Zero Vanilla and Vanilla Coke being hard as fuck to find).

Damien Thorne

kiwifarms.net
A couple of years ago, the mini mart next to my office had green tomato flavored Lays chips. It was a limited time flavor, though. Probably a good thing they no longer exist as my waist thanks the evil corporation for discontinuing that flavor.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
It had a grapey taste:
1599248151928.png

Tasted exactly like captain crunch, but it was a lighter, fluffier shape. Think Cheetos sticks vs. Cheetos puffs:
1599248218936.png

The rain flavor was a mix of grape and agave, which got me later hooked on Panera lemonade with agave and tequila:
1599248298659.png
They switch to grey metallic bottles off of glass towards the end.

A strange beverage with solid bits floating with what I think was a static charge:
1599248412027.png
Very uncomfortable to drink, you never knew if or how much solid matter was invading your throat, merely expecting liquid.

Anyone else remember this? It was like Cookie Crisp, only less cloyingly sweet, with vanilla Teddy Grahams.
Shit, is that something I should try? Just dump Teddy Grahams into a bowl and pour milk on them?
:thinking:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Martys_not_smarty

You don't know what hard times are daddy.
kiwifarms.net
King Vitaman was the shit when I was growing up. Even our poor asses could afford it and no cereal has ever come close except for Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate which I can never fucking find anymore.
And the box had a cut out for a mask that didnt change in 30 years, breakfast with the king nigga.

Reactions: Lizard Pope

Martys_not_smarty

You don't know what hard times are daddy.
kiwifarms.net
Tillamook ice cream, it's been trickling into my part of the country but it's the basic bitch vanilla and chocolate peanut butter not the kick ass flavors of peach, marionberry and blueberry maybe someday.

Don't Tread on Me

I've told the truth. I didn't come to fool you.
kiwifarms.net
Zaxby's milkshakes.

I don't know why they stopped selling them. They had Birthday Cake shakes that were fucking delicious.

Coffee Druid

Your friendly caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
Zaxby's milkshakes.

I don't know why they stopped selling them. They had Birthday Cake shakes that were fucking delicious.
I love birthday cake ice cream so that sounds amazing.

I don't remember when Sonic stopped selling malted shakes but it's been years. I would always get that as a kid. They tasted way better than normal shakes. I wonder if I could whip up something with ice cream and malted milk powder and stuff at home.

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if I could whip up something with ice cream and malted milk powder and stuff at home.
You can. It's so ridiculous this is mostly unavailable. There's usually a Carnation brand you can get but the syrup, you have to mail order. It's old people food or something.

Reactions: Coffee Druid

Batshit

Dana Marie Cain lives @ 757 S Maffit, Decatur, Il
kiwifarms.net
I was trying to re-create a childhood meal for my other & sadly discovered that Big John's Beans were discontinued in '06.

What made them awesome was a separate can on top that had the "Fixin's". Which was basically molasses, vinegar, & onions.

ball nigga

kiwifarms.net
large_e1cd3e08-84e0-425d-9917-631044d6d0b5.JPG

Can't think of much I miss but these were the shit. I know they make something similar now but these had a fuckton of seasoning on the crust. Also Taco bell cut some of their menu recently, including their spicy soft potato tacos which were pretty much the only thing I ordered from there. What is it with taco bell and getting rid of their actually good menu items?

Tags
None