Discord Shutting Down Nitro Catalogue - Apparently people didn't care for their selection or owned it elsewhere

bemeas

kiwifarms.net
From actually reading the article, it looks like they're not shutting down their entire storefront, they're just stopping the free games for the 'Nitro' subscription and likely changing the 'Nitro' tab somehow - devs appear to still be able to sell games as-before using their clunky system that barely anyone knows about.

Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
how much aids is in that twitch prime "free game" stuff, anyways
Only reason I have the Twich client is because at some point they absorbed Curse and it's the most convenient way to keep WoW add-ons up to date. I have Twitch Prime because of Amazon, and I might as well get free things. I think I have played a grand total of three of the games I've gotten from them although I don't mind the free loot boxes they toss at you on occasion and they recently gave me six months on Nintendo online service so that's something.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From actually reading the article, it looks like they're not shutting down their entire storefront, they're just stopping the free games for the 'Nitro' subscription and likely changing the 'Nitro' tab somehow - devs appear to still be able to sell games as-before using their clunky system that barely anyone knows about.
I'll correct it then. I couldn't find the store option on my Discord and it had been there without Nitro, I certainly remember them bombarding me with shit they're selling, but I figured them using the term "catalogue" meant the store.

My bad. I am a bad man, I will rectify myself later.

WhoBusTank69

an endless thirst
kiwifarms.net
From actually reading the article, it looks like they're not shutting down their entire storefront, they're just stopping the free games for the 'Nitro' subscription
Yeah, they cycled through low quality games with the occasional decent one slipped in as a way to entice the poors to subscribe to Nitro. Some were DRM-free as Discord had promised but the majority were not.

BOONES

Boulder Punching Asshole
kiwifarms.net
Discord store was always really bad. It never took off as almost everyone I talked to had no idea it existed. Plus the free nitro games tended to be shit so, theres that.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Discord has sipped from the poison chalice of venture capital, which automatically destines it to a slow death by shitty value added features created to harvest more revenue which compromise its core appeal. This is just the first solid step in that direction.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
how much aids is in that twitch prime "free game" stuff, anyways
Almost all of it. I've claimed every free game they've listed and have over a hundred now, but the only one I ever played was Superhot.

It's almost all the usual crock of crap you already got for free or dirt cheap by way of indie bundles or Xbox Gamepass or whatever. There should be a name for that category of games that are ostensibly worth money but can be had for free in so many different ways, they all seem to pop up on freebie services.